CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/)
-   -   So any word on a 5th Gen Firebird/Trans Am? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/so-any-word-5th-gen-firebird-trans-am-420674/)

turbo_Z 01-07-2006 12:09 AM

So any word on a 5th Gen Firebird/Trans Am?

Just wondering if the Fbody concept has taken on any Pontiac influences since the Trans Am generally looks more physically appealing than the Camaro... this isn't a debate, the TA looks better at least with the 4th Gens. :p

godofdragons 01-07-2006 12:26 AM

Re: So any word on a 5th Gen Firebird/Trans Am?

you're right, it's not a debate, it's an opinion. and you know what they say about opinions

everyone has one and they all stink;)

Brangeta 01-07-2006 12:46 AM

It would be cool if an option group was called "Trans Am" and included seat bolster inflators and a sport/cruising suspension switch among other things.

amean94ta 01-07-2006 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by godofdragons
you're right, it's not a debate, it's an opinion. and you know what they say about opinions

everyone has one and they all stink;)

that they are usually right! :D

dont worry there are companys with body parts working on a trans am style if the camaro even makes it :bow:

MasterEvilAce 01-07-2006 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
It would be cool if an option group was called "Trans Am" and included seat bolster inflators and a sport/cruising suspension switch among other things.

I thought about something like that a good bit ago... although I was thinking the option would give you a 'bodykit' or so it make it looks trans-amy.

Same car (just like f-bodies always were), with just little changers here and there.

NightWindDriftr 01-07-2006 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by turbo_Z
Just wondering if the Fbody concept has taken on any Pontiac influences since the Trans Am generally looks more physically appealing than the Camaro... this isn't a debate, the TA looks better at least with the 4th Gens. :p

I hate to pry it open, but the Firebird/TA stopped looking better when the 4th gen came around (minus the WS6 variants). Bulbacious end, need I say more? :lol:

I'm really hoping for a Firebird body kit though. Maybe one to set the clock back in the right direction? :)

TrackMagicWS6 01-07-2006 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta

you need stabbed.

TBI_InYourEye 01-07-2006 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by TrackMagicWS6
you need stabbed.

Nah. Trans Am was just an option package on Firebirds, (even though I refuse to call my car a firebird ;) ) It wouldn't kill me if it were an option package on Camaros, but I highly doubt that would happen.

jah1542 01-09-2006 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by TBI_InYourEye
even though I refuse to call my car a firebird ;)

Not trying to start a fight here or anything, but I have never understood this point of view, and I have heard it from MANY T/A owners. A Trans Am IS a Firebird. What's so wrong with that? Why is it a bad thing to have a Firebird? If an SS owner ever said "I refuse to call my car a Camaro", it would be idiotic. So would a Z06 owner who "refused to call his car a Vette." Like I said, I'm not trying to flame or start anything, but I don't get it. It seems silly and arrogant to me.:shrug:

Sorry to hijack here, but that's always kinda bugged me.

94Camaro_Z_28 01-09-2006 05:00 PM

I call my Camaro the "Z", but I don't take offense to the Camaro name.... I've gotten into so many arguments with people that think a Trans Am is not a Firebird it's insane.

TrackMagicWS6 01-09-2006 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by TBI_InYourEye
Nah. Trans Am was just an option package on Firebirds, (even though I refuse to call my car a firebird ;) ) It wouldn't kill me if it were an option package on Camaros, but I highly doubt that would happen.

suppose the Camaro never came back and they decided to make a Firebird Z/28? its ****ing retarded.

MasterEvilAce 01-09-2006 05:07 PM

More people know what a Trans-Am is than a Firebird, I bet. If you say Trans-Am, of course you mean it's a Firebird.. it's just the Trans-Am package, which is better.

Some people say they have a Z06, or an SRT-4.. of course they mean Corvette and Dodge Neon. It's just quicker to say, and it's more specific.

jah1542 01-09-2006 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce
More people know what a Trans-Am is than a Firebird, I bet. If you say Trans-Am, of course you mean it's a Firebird.. it's just the Trans-Am package, which is better.

Some people say they have a Z06, or an SRT-4.. of course they mean Corvette and Dodge Neon. It's just quicker to say, and it's more specific.

Yes, but there's a difference between simply referring to it by a short name (totally understandable) and saying "I refuse to call it a Firebird." I call my car "my Z" all the time because it's quick and easy. But I would never refuse to call it a Camaro. Because that's what it is.

chevyfreak1822003 01-09-2006 05:12 PM

I think pontiac should make a new more agressive looking firebird/trans am and remake the gto to be somewhat retro.

MasterEvilAce 01-09-2006 05:12 PM

hmm... Understood.