CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/)
-   -   new trans am sketchs.. look surprisingly hot (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/new-trans-am-sketchs-look-surprisingly-hot-422630/)

dgZ 01-14-2006 02:32 AM

new trans am sketchs.. look surprisingly hot

Take a look at some of these sketches. I doubt the thing would make it to production but I actually find it nicer looking than the new camaro. What are your opinions?

christianjax 01-14-2006 07:43 AM

Re: new trans am sketchs.. look surprisingly hot

I like the TA, but the hood scoop is a bit much.

merlinsteele 01-14-2006 09:21 AM

I don't know, something's just not right..... I think it would be cool if they came out with a Firebird or TA, but not build it off the Camaro, make something different and yet also cool at the same time. I just don't see it happening, though. :cry:

I'll just have to comfort myself with my new Camaro! :cool:

toegead93 01-14-2006 09:22 AM

That black one is sweet!

2000GTP 01-14-2006 10:38 AM

It looks sweet, but don't see it happening.

Yossarian14 01-14-2006 10:48 AM

They should make a completely modern Firebird different than the Camaro.

POWERFREAK 01-14-2006 10:50 AM

The black one is MEAN...reminds me a lot of the '77 I had. That was a fun car.

dnovotny 01-14-2006 11:01 AM

If GM doesn't the aftermarket should make a kit. Imagine if only 1% of Camaro buyers converted their cars to Trans AMs, sales would be much higher than anything sold aftermarket for Camaros/Trans AMs. And GM will pull in more purchases of Camaros if they enable an aftermarket company to work on this kit before the car is sold to the public. I won't buy a stock Camaro but if I can Trans AMify it, I would seriously reconsider.

SCOTTYBALLS 01-14-2006 12:38 PM

they should build the camaro as is, and make a total futuristic looking car for the ones that dont like the camaro concept, then we could have the best of both worlds..

shock6906 01-14-2006 03:21 PM

GM is in enough trouble as it is...and they already put out 15 million dollars to make the concept Camaro...the Firebird has always been based off of the Camaro and nothing is going to make that change, especially if they have to shell out another 15 million to do it...it's much easier to fab a few new body panels and reinvent the same car under a different name...you guys are way off thinking that there will be a completely different car for the Firebird.

number77 01-14-2006 04:26 PM

That rear spoiler on the white photoshop is almost exactly what is on the new Holdens.

Z28WannaB 01-14-2006 04:34 PM

That would cost very little to do. That is simply a body kit.

Just swap out some logos.

Call it a day.

The twins continue to reign supreme

I would definitely buy that.

- Z28WannaB

KevinZ44 01-14-2006 05:20 PM

The black one looks very nice. I never realized it before, but I think the front end of the Camaro was a teaser for all the Firebird fans.

Perhaps this means that the Firebird will be closer in similarity to the Camaro concept, rather than the actual Camaro. You never know. :)

Z28WannaB 01-14-2006 05:31 PM

I think I would do that conversion I don't care if anyone does call me a ricer for thinking that way. That looks VERY sweet.

*dreams*

Maybe they will Axe the GTO and put the money into that?

- Z28WAnnaB

Originally Posted by KevinZ44
The black one looks very nice. I never realized it before, but I think the front end of the Camaro was a teaser for all the Firebird fans.

Perhaps this means that the Firebird will be closer in similarity to the Camaro concept, rather than the actual Camaro. You never know. :)

z28luvr01 01-14-2006 05:53 PM

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...=0&#entry72919

Chris Pauwels does it again. Would somebody at GM just hire him please?