2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

More 2012 Camaro News

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:36 AM

Thumbs up More 2012 Camaro News

Some more changes:

Models and Packages

–2LS Coupe (1EN37) EPA 30 MPG Hwy model with 6-speed automatic transmission (1LS offered only in manual trans)

–45th Anniversary Package (RPO H45) available on 2LT and 2SS coupe & convertible models; includes unique trim bezel finishes, interior and exterior badging as well as:
•Carbon Flash Metallic exterior color (RPO GAR)
•Brilliant Red/Medium Charcoal 45th Stripe Package (RPO CBM)
•20" x 8" front and 20" x 9" rear Deep Silver painted aluminum wheels (RPO R41)
•Black front seats with leather seating surfaces and 45th Anniversary embroidered logo, unique stitching on seats, headrests, steering wheel, shifter, console and door armrest (RPO AFP or AFQ depending on model)
•High intensity discharge headlamps with Halo Ring (T4F)
•Body-color roof ditch molding on Coupe (RPO BD8) and Black Top (19T) on Convertible

–Rear Vision Package (RPO SRU) available on 1LT and 1SS, standard on 2LT and 2SS, rear park assist no longer in RPO SRJ, and includes:
•Rear Parking Assist (RPO UD7)
•Rearview camera system (RPO UVC)
•Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror with rearview camera display (RPO DRG)

Powertrain and Suspension

–New 3.6L V6 engine (RPO LFX) with increased horsepower (323 HP) and maintains current fuel economy ratings (29 – 30 MPG HWY)

–Performance Suspension (RPO FE4) on SS Coupe models
Interior

–New instrument panel design including new steering wheel and instrument cluster graphics

–Door lock switches also located on doors

–1 year no charge service of Sirius/XM Satelite Radio on 2LT and 2SS models

–6-way power seat adjuster for front passenger seat (RPO AKQ) standard on LT and SS models

–Bluetooth and redundant steering wheel controls standard on all models
Exterior

–Crystal Red Tintcoat exterior color (RPO GBE) (extra cost), Red jewel tint coat canceled

–Rear spoiler (RPO D80 on Coupe, T43 on Convertible) now standard on all models

–Shark fin antenna on Coupe models is now body-color with the (WRS) RS Package

–RS tail lamps standard on all models
Old 04-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Admin Emeritus

Re: More 2012 Camaro News

Wow...twice in a week for the front page, Scotty! Thanks, and keep it up!

Some of the changes made were clearly mentioned by the Camaro masses, as some of you know. I can now (finally!) confirm that many of the changes you see here were received by the Camaro team, and where relayed to the Camaro Disciples group for review and thoughts.

I know some will ask for examples...here's some...
–Door lock switches also located on doors
This was one that I myself even wanted to see. Glad it made it.

–6-way power seat adjuster for front passenger seat (RPO AKQ) standard on LT and SS models
I myself had no use for it, but I definitely mentioned it needs to be in the car because I know a lot of people want it. The other Disciples agreed.

–Shark fin antenna on Coupe models is now body-color with the (WRS) RS Package
I wanted this one myself, because I have to paint mine.

I can also confirm...more cool things to come. The Camaro will keep getting better and better as time goes on. The Camaro Team is not even close to being done.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:04 AM

I take credit for the back up camera... When we got our first Traverse, I told john this would be COOL as an option in the Upper level Camaro's..... He never seen them in the Traverse at that time.

Maybe I can be an ADOPTED Disciple ????
Old 04-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Oh man, if CamaroBuilder wasn't out of date before, it sure is now!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Admin Emeritus

Yeah, it was only good for 2010 Camaros. A 2012 version would be cool...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:11 AM

I did a websearch for Crystal Red Tintcoat, and it isn't as deep as the Red Jewel.

Crystal Red

Red Jewel Tintcoat

I wonder if we will ever see any red interior options or if GM will ever get the v6 air intake released.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:51 PM

Any pics of the new instrument cluster head on?

Nice job on getting the door lock switches on the doors. Being on the console just seemed unnatural.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 PM

Did this revision do away with that ugly play station radio/hvac cluster for the 2012?
Old 04-14-2011, 05:12 PM

No power upgrade to deal with the 2011 GT? Damnit!

Dope
Old 04-14-2011, 07:23 PM

I remember asking John Fitzpatrick last year at Camaro Superfest. I was curious as to why the newest Camaro was designed without the Camaro Shield like all of the Camaro's have had besides the 1st gen. He told me "you realize the 45th anniversary of Camaro is coming up in 2012." And what does the 45th Anniversary logo have in it? The red white and blue shield incorporated cleverly into the 4.

I've heard a lot of complaints right off the bat about all these changes. I, for one have not seen a change that was bad. Some people don't like the steering wheel. I personally think it looks better.

Things like the RS tail lights becoming standard. I've heard a complaint about people thinking that their RS package Camaro's won't be as special. Ask yourself, how often have you seen on the road a 2010 or 2011 without the RS package??? Very few and far between. It flat out looks better which is why people buy it so why not make it standard?

The body color shark fin. This is something that should have been available from the beginning.

People are also complaining about the LS3 and L99 not getting a power bump. Really?? 426hp and 400hp, respectively, is not enough??? The aftermarket is there for a reason as well. You want more horsepower from the same power plant? Are you going to shell out the cash for it?? Don't forget there is a Gen V small block on the way and in testing in the Corvette ALMS GT2 cars as we speak, pumping out some serious power and dominating as they always do. We probably won't see a power bump until this new generation of small block comes our way and even by then we'll be close to 2016 and the CAFE regulations will kick in which may or may not have an effect on our beloved muscle cars.

Bottom line, our newest Camaro is an incredible machine as we all know! How many things have we requested and we've already gotten them and then some people have the nerve to complain about it. They can only make so many people happy but for the most part the Camaro team is one of the most amazing engineering and marketing teams we've ever seen and they do listen to us and make happen what they can make happen. Some things work better and can be marketed and sold better than others. All in all, bang for the buck, value added, etc... you cannot beat the Camaro and all I've seen is good changes for this car and the people bringing it to you are listening but they may not be able to bring it to you exactly how you want. Keep the faith!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty
–New instrument panel design including new steering wheel and instrument cluster graphics
Anyone know some vague details about this? The horrible huge bug-eyed speedo and tach housing is one of the things that is keeping me from buying a new Camaro. I just don't think I can stare at that mess all day.

Please tell me it is going away and a standard one that every other car in the world seems to have is getting put it!

I'm glad the wheel is getting changed too.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:53 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think the binocular looking speedo and tach are going to change with the redesign. The 45th looks like it has the redesigned interior and the speedo and tach haven't changed.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroZ282008
Unfortunately, I don't think the binocular looking speedo and tach are going to change with the redesign. The 45th looks like it has the redesigned interior and the speedo and tach haven't changed.
GRRRR! Looks like it might have to be an Infiniti G37 for me then. Maybe if they didn't have that silver bezel around them I'd like it more.

BTW, I can't wait till this fascination automakers have with this fake brushed aluminum styling is over. To me it just looks cheap and gaudy and like they are trying to make it look futuristic by taking cues from the Jetsons. I just wish everything was black.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:22 PM

By now I think can also assume that just maybe we've been shown a taste of what has changed on the interior. Or maybe that is what it's going to be. But I would like to think that we've all learned to take what they show us and what it really will be with a grain of salt. And I think you can rest assured that whatever they do bring out will be what's best for the car and what's best for the customer at the value in which you pay for it. I don't believe we've been let down yet!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by summerkc
Anyone know some vague details about this? The horrible huge bug-eyed speedo and tach housing is one of the things that is keeping me from buying a new Camaro. I just don't think I can stare at that mess all day.

Please tell me it is going away and a standard one that every other car in the world seems to have is getting put it!
it looks like the gauges are changing to the style as shown on the ZL1. Examples:

right click >> view image to see this one bigger

its kinda hard to see, but it looks much easier to read, and more clean than the current gauges:

Originally Posted by summerkc
GRRRR! Looks like it might have to be an Infiniti G37 for me then. Maybe if they didn't have that silver bezel around them I'd like it more.

I just wish everything was black.
Paint the bezel black?
also... how incredibly boring is this?

Quick Reply: More 2012 Camaro News