2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

THE MILFORD EXPERIENCE! - Disciple Video Interviews and MORE! Killer footage!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:51 PM

Is it just me or is the GM Canada Camaro site outdoing the chevy.com/camaro site?

BTW....I'm 26...does the fact that I felt like the disciples are a reasonable age group mean that I'm old??
Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 PM
dz

Originally Posted by 67 LS-1 & T-56
BTW....I'm 26...does the fact that I felt like the disciples are a reasonable age group mean that I'm old??
Haha, I'm 26 too and I feel the same way. Maybe we're both old
Old 07-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
how come the video's are just a bunch of old people? granted, im not that young anymore either, but why ignore that perspective?
It wasn't just a bunch of old people! (I'm not going to lie, some of you guys are kinda old ). But I can tell you that it doesn't matter what age Jeremy and Kevin are, they can hang with the young guns any day. (they know what I'm talking about)

But in all seriousness it wasn't a bunch of people talking about beaded seats and early bird specials. This was a carefully selected group and they understand Camaro. Sure they might want memory seats or back up assist but those are little things. In my mind what is more important than being young is understanding the evolution of the Camaro and where it all started. That's what is imperative to relaunching the Camaro. It's exactly what you would expect from a Camaro, but in a 21st century package.

I may not have gotten a lot of face time on the videos (maybe they're telling me something?) but I can tell you that GM wants to know what our age group thinks. They certainly didn't ignore us. What other company brings in a 20 year old and asks what they think about a multi-million dollar project? I guarantee any other manufacturer would laugh at the idea. Not GM. They want this car to appeal to everybody. They want to know what enthusiasts of all ages want this car to be.

All I can say is don't worry, you won't be dissapointed.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisFrez
I think the videos turned out awesome! GM did an excellent job with interviews, reactions, and lots of cool shots. These types of "real world" reactions will only magnify the importance of Camaro. They picked a GREAT group of folks to partake in this adventure.

Awesome job!!!
that wasnt a "real world" reaction. I've been on a couple "ride and drive's" (as they are called on the dealership side) where they are releasing new vehicles and want first initial impressions from people before the car goes on sale and there are ALWAYS somebody that brings up something that was amiss with the car or something they didn't quite like or weren't fond of. Could be something so minor as, "I thought the radio ***** should be.... or..... the shifter should have numberings on.... it doesn't feel like xxx amount of hp.... you can feel the bumps too much/not enough" or whatever. SOMETHING. Whats shown on this particular canada/chevy website is pure fluff. Nobody says anything more than what'd you see on an infomertial. People looked handcuffed. I think if they had someone in the 18-25 range (Im older than that, BTW), they would be less likely to fall in line and MAY say something they really think.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by PorcaroZ28
What other company brings in a 20 year old and asks what they think about a multi-million dollar project? I guarantee any other manufacturer would laugh at the idea. Not GM. They want this car to appeal to everybody. They want to know what enthusiasts of all ages want this car to be.
having these little ride and drives isn't anything new to the industry, no matter what age you are, i don't know who sold you on that idea.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:31 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
having these little ride and drives isn't anything new to the industry, no matter what age you are, i don't know who sold you on that idea.

uhhhmmmmmmmmmm..............this wasn't just any 'ride and drive' -- they came in a year before and drove the concept convert.....and then we picked and picked at their brains-- we talked to them thruout the year -- and then we took them to the Milford Proving Grounds and let 'em drive IVERs and the V6............I've been in this business for 31 years -- and I don't know that anyone's ever done what we just did........

You are correct in that clinics are held -- but by the time the 'ride and drive' comes around, the cars are beginning production......
Old 07-30-2008, 12:55 AM

General Motors has really thrown a lot at this car over the last few years!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:52 AM

In terms of age, Selena and Kara (I think that was it) seemed to represent the younger demographic.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:55 AM

After hearing that exhaust note of the V-6, is anyone else wondering what kind of HP that 3.6 would deliver if it was force fed about 19 lbs of boost?
A turbocharged V-6 is intriquing me more and more.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:56 AM

and of course...
Old 07-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Administrator

that wasnt a "real world" reaction. I've been on a couple "ride and drive's" (as they are called on the dealership side)
I have to respectfully disagree with your comment. This is as "real world" as it gets. I don't believe GM has ever done something like this before with a car.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisFrez
I have to respectfully disagree with your comment. This is as "real world" as it gets. I don't believe GM has ever done something like this before with a car.
What I'm wondering about is if GM will be doing more things like this in the future. It certainly seems to have helped the Camaro.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
I'm still waiting for the things that made production that you didn't like......
- Wheel diameter - racing tires are going to cost a fortune
- Wheel width - 8" front is a step backwards from the 4th gen SS
- Wheel well size - I don't think there's a ton of room for really wide tires
- I'm not a fan of the "mail slot"

What didn't make it ...

- Memory driver's seat
- Power passenger seat
- automatic climate control, preferably dual zone
- I "believe" but didn't confirm this event that there's only going to be one seatback map pocket (nitpicking)

Keep in mind I was looking at it with one eye towards autoX/track days and one on the convertible I'm waiting for.

Last edited by poSSum; 07-30-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by poSSum
- Wheel diameter - racing tires are going to cost a fortune
- Wheel width - 8" front is a step backwards from the 4th gen SS
- Wheel well size - I don't think there's a ton of room for really wide tires
- I'm not a fan of the "mail slot"

What didn't make it ...

- Memory driver's seat
- Power passenger seat
- automatic climate control, preferably dual zone
- I "believe" but didn't confirm this event that there's only going to be one seatback map pocket (nitpicking)

Keep in mind I was looking at it with one eye towards autoX/track days and one on the convertible I'm waiting for.
I agree with ALL of that. Judging from the pics along with the e brake being pass side and out of place like the 4th gen. It could have easily been driverside(conveinent and ergonomic) incorporated and look good like the G8(which to me says it doesnt have to be a cost issue). Also the Grille (grate?) dual horrizontal bar girlle mesh of the Mule looks loads better than the concepts grill that I cant believe made production. The bow tie is way to big and wish the gold was blue. Also like Jason mentioned a bit of a dish in the rim would be nice but the 5 spoke is growing on me.

Well I dont care about the didnt make it part you mentioned. We were asked on this forum by Scott in a thread if we thought a power pass seat would be necessary. So we were asked. I was in the "not" category at least for now. best reason given at the time is most the time people drive alone. when you ride with a passenger they have to figure out the controls anyway. Also Pass side power is not always as nice as driver. Weight, and cost were also mentioned.

Why one seatback map pocket?

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 07-30-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
I agree with ALL of that. Judging from the pics along with the e brake being pass side and out of place like the 4th gen. It could have easily been driverside(conveinent and ergonomic) incorporated and look good like the G8(which to me says it doesnt have to be a cost issue).
Driver's side? Seriously? I'm not sure I could reach it. Some of us older and wider folks need a little extra elbow room in the seat.

Quick Reply: THE MILFORD EXPERIENCE! - Disciple Video Interviews and MORE! Killer footage!