2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How to expand Camaro's popularity & sales ?
A low cost "Mustang SVO" version based on Solstice GXP's engine.
12.31%
A super charged V6 model that can easily be tuned or modded for SS level performance
10.77%
A 4 cylinder version and a $2-3000 price cut for it
16.92%
A luxury version with woodgrain trim, wiremesh grille, and upgraded materials
1.54%
Extensive advertizement in "Import" magazines (DOHC V6, 6 speed, IRS is high on their list)
7.69%
Extensive support of Autocross events, or other competition that showcases Camaro
15.38%
A SVT-like Camaro dealer network that specializes in performance and accessory parts and service
35.38%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

How about a poll designed to do some good with the new Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 06:37 PM

I voted
Extensive support of Autocross events, or other competition that showcases Camaro
The Drag Pack Challenger thread generated alot of buzz, Ford has no less than 3 race car programs going based on Mustang, I cant see why GM cannot do the same.

Keep'em very close to the production car and win on sunday, sell on monday.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:02 PM

I Voted: A 4 cylinder Version - BUT...(& Thanks Everyone)

... I don't believe it would be right for the Camaro...I guess I like the idea of more engine choices like back in the day. I think the best way to go is a good V6 or V6's with great gas mileage. It is very important that GM sells a LOT of these cars. As long as the fit & finish & reliability is there, this will be a winner. The package as of now is awesome, OMG, a 300hp V6, IRS, 6 speed trannies, 4 wheel discs?? This will definitely be the best Camaro yet, IMHO.
I don't care about the weight, I like a heavy car. I am not planning on hotrodding a 25-35 thousand car, especially at my age......I've always been a cruiser not a racer (like a lover not a fighter...) Looking to put 3000 or less miles a year on it, like our present car.

I just want to thank everyone also for your posts and enthusiasm! I read on the web gosh knows when a ways back, that GM (Chevy) was coming back with a new Camaro. (I was not crazy about the hatchback 4th & 5th gens. and was in a period of my life where I was just happy with the cars we had... kinda got away from the car crazies I had for 20 years) I found this site and my gosh, just reading all the posts and thoughts and the sheer excitement got me all wound up again I'm looking at cars on the street and reading all the updates and news about the Camaro...I'm so excited now. I never drive anymore, just out of town on roadtrips a few times a year. I live in Washington DC and it sucks driving around here. I don't WANT to drive around here....but that's gonna change. We want to move (target spring 2009) to the NC countryside to get away from this urban craziness. My great job is the only thing I like here anymore, and I will walk away from it to get out of this city. I never thought I would want my OWN car again, but damn I want one of these new Camaros now and I am getting freaked out by the prospect I can own one and be comfortable driving it around and having a safe BIG garage for it....I want one last car I can keep and take care of and watch it look older... maybe get a 6th generation Camaro to park next to it Well, thanks again everyone. Thanks for the excitement, thanks for all the cool photoshops, thanks for all the interesting technical mumbo-jumbo, the drawings and details, the hilarious wise-cracks, the COOL pre-production model photos, the polls, and thanks to that Mr. fbodfather guy for always making everyone take a deep breath.......thanks to everyone for getting me all pumped about owning a Camaro again OK, fingers crossed here.....here it goes.....2011 Camaro V8 6-Speed Auto Butternut Yellow Black or Charcoal interior.....