2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

First engine bay shots of the new Chevy Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jg95z28
An ipod/mp3 jack wouldn't necessarily need a cover would it? (fwiw, its a stupid location for the hazard button, but I guess that's the price we pay for a car that can easily be converted to rhd.)
How is front and center a stupid location for a hazard button?
Old 01-29-2008, 04:46 PM

The only thing that bothers me is the max of 370 on the torque gauge. It's way too high for a V6 and it's too low to be for an LS3 or L76.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
How is front and center a stupid location for a hazard button?
I'd rather have it on the steering column.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by yellow_99_gt
The only thing that bothers me is the max of 370 on the torque gauge. It's way too high for a V6 and it's too low to be for an LS3 or L76.
But now we know the car in question is a V6. So maybe its a BIG six.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

I'd rather have it on the steering column.
That's where it's been on lots of cars in the past, but I always thought it was a terrible place for it. You can't even see it from the driver's seat!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:50 PM

That's where it's been on lots of cars in the past, but I always thought it was a terrible place for it. You can't even see it from the driver's seat!
Isn't the idea to be able to find it quickly but not accidently trip it while driving? It seems to me that once the airbag deploys, you'd have a hard time reaching for it on the center of the dash... but then I guess everyone would know you're in trouble if the airbag deployed.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:51 PM

It's definitely a door of some type.

Push the top to pop the door open, push the bottom to lock it closed. The only thing that makes sense is a 12V accessory port.
...Or a central door lock/unlock button. I didn't see one on the doors...in fact, i don't even see lock ***** on the doors which means they've probably used an electronic locking system similar to what they've been using in German cars for quite a number of years

At 15 mph, the doors lock and the button changes colors to let you know the door is locked. When you stop the car and park, the doors unlock, and there are no *****/switches to push or pull. Only buttons to push.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:54 PM

Hate to be a master of the obvious here... but since the doors skins don't seem to have a lock/unlock button... maybe that is a door lock/unlock button in the middle? Hmm... Just a thought...

Looks to me like that button has a lip on the bottom to make it easier to push the bottom part... it catches your finger.

Not a bad idea... I know a lot of people that have a tendency to lock their doors on accident if they use the door handles/ledges to get out... I kinda like the lock button in the middle. Just use the key fob to lock it when you get out... and that button to lock from the inside...
Old 01-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Isn't the idea to be able to find it quickly but not accidently trip it while driving? It seems to me that once the airbag deploys, you'd have a hard time reaching for it on the center of the dash... but then I guess everyone would know you're in trouble if the airbag deployed.
The airbags don't stay deployed. They collapse immediately. Besides, hazard lights don't mean "I just crashed."

Originally Posted by 97QuasarBlue3.8
...Or a central door lock/unlock button. I didn't see one on the doors...in fact, i don't even see lock ***** on the doors which means they've probably used an electronic locking system similar to what they've been using in German cars for quite a number of years
Interesting.

I hope they don't do the 15mph thing. I much prefer to have the doors to lock right away (when you put the car in gear, or when you release the e-brake on a manual transmission car) than to have them do it once you're already rolling.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:55 PM

Definitely not. It is definitely a little cover that opens hinging just below the hazard light/switch. I still say 12V accessory port.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:55 PM

At 15 mph, the doors lock and the button changes colors to let you know the door is locked. When you stop the car and park, the doors unlock, and there are no *****/switches to push or pull. Only buttons to push.
Ah crap ya beat me to it!!! I was typing when you posted!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gripenfelter
Actually I was referring to the little button on the lower door trim with a pic of a car on it. That looks like a trunk release because thats where it is on Nissans.

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/09C...py1/1000599911

Yeah the other one higher up is for mirrors.
Agreed. Definitely trunk release.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:56 PM

The airbags don't stay deployed. They collapse immediately. Besides, hazard lights don't mean "I just crashed."

Interesting.

I hope they don't do the 15mph thing. I much prefer to have the doors to lock right away (when you put the car in gear, or when you release the e-brake on a manual transmission car) than to have them do it once you're already rolling.
If it's like any car they've made, you will be able to disable the automatic locks.

PLUS, THE LOCK/UNLOCK button will now be reachable from the rear seats.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:57 PM

Definitely not. It is definitely a little cover that opens hinging just below the hazard light/switch. I still say 12V accessory port.
I disagree but hey we will find out when the car is debuted later this year!

I don't see why they would put a lock/unlock symbol over a 12V source honestly... and its too small for a cigarette lighter type. WAY too small.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:57 PM

WOW - GM really did a much better job with the interior of this car than with the previously leaked car!

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
I'm liking that key and fob. That little circle on it => Remote Start
So... That means they will make remote start available on the M6? I figured it would be available on the auto, but had conceded it would probably not be off the table for us enthusiasts

Also, I am voting for the flip-out key fob as well!

Quick Reply: First engine bay shots of the new Chevy Camaro