2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

First engine bay shots of the new Chevy Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Admin Emeritus

There's a few things I am not 100% fond of (like many here) but the more pics I see, the more I am liking it as a whole.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:20 PM

The $64,000 question is this. I see the elbow type MAF pipe like you'd find in the GTO. Does this mean that the V6 cars will not have the mail box slot scoop on the front? And will ANY cars actually use a front mounted airbox/OTRCAI type that takes advantage of the scoop?

If both of those are yes, then at least they got something right. If the non-functional scoop is just there for styling purposes, then
Old 01-29-2008, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Gripenfelter
I like the key fob. Hopefully better security than other GM cars. I hate the fact that I can steal my Yukon with a screwdriver.
I'm liking that key and fob. That little circle on it => Remote Start
Old 01-29-2008, 04:22 PM

Wow, fantastic! I'm really liking it more and more.

More interior shots:
http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/09ChevyCamaroIntSpy1/
Old 01-29-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gripenfelter
Trunk release.
You think? That's an awful front and center spot for it.

Looks more like power outside mirror controls to me. Notice what looks like a small toggle below it for R/L select.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by notgetleft
The $64,000 question is this. I see the elbow type MAF pipe like you'd find in the GTO. Does this mean that the V6 cars will not have the mail box slot scoop on the front? And will ANY cars actually use a front mounted airbox/OTRCAI type that takes advantage of the scoop?
Hard telling...they might have just grabbed a GTO engine and put it in there and made it work for the time being.

As I always say (among other things), f-body people are very resourceful. I'll bet that if it doesn't work from the factory, someone will find a way to make it work.

Oh...and they need to take the camera away from Joe Cocker and give it to someone else from now on.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:25 PM

Any guess as to what the "lock" and "unlock" things are for below the hazzard light button?

*Edit: I can't seem to link the larger pics???
Old 01-29-2008, 04:25 PM

At least this answers the torque guage question... its a V6! Maybe the supercharged V8 will get a boost guage instead.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
Any guess as to what the "lock" and "unlock" things are for below the hazzard light button?
Maybe its the "enable spy pix" button. (Clearly not working yet on this prototype)
Old 01-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

Wink

What a bunch of crap. The car has a button on it that we don't know what it does. That is lame, I expect unknown buttons on a Honda but not American Muscle. I am not going to buy it now. Thanks GM for ruining my whole life. I am shutting the site down now. Good bye all. I am off to by a Ford.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by notgetleft
You think? That's an awful front and center spot for it.

Looks more like power outside mirror controls to me. Notice what looks like a small toggle below it for R/L select.
Actually I was referring to the little button on the lower door trim with a pic of a car on it. That looks like a trunk release because thats where it is on Nissans.

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/09C...py1/1000599911

Yeah the other one higher up is for mirrors.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:30 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by JasonD
What a bunch of crap. The car has a button on it that we don't know what it does. That is lame, I expect unknown buttons on a Honda but not American Muscle. I am not going to buy it now. Thanks GM for ruining my whole life. I am shutting the site down now. Good bye all. I am off to by a Ford.
I don't know what that button does. But I wanted it to be BLACK! I'm going with you!

I was trying to ask a legitimate question.

I love the damn car

Selectable Posi!!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast
Maybe its the "enable spy pix" button. (Clearly not working yet on this prototype)
12V accessory port? It looks like there's a hinge just below the hazard light and a little grab handle at the bottom.

Quick Reply: First engine bay shots of the new Chevy Camaro