CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/)
-   -   Do you think GM will offer a Firebird/TA after a couple years of production? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/do-you-think-gm-will-offer-firebird-ta-after-couple-years-production-537798/)

5thgen69camaro 09-05-2007 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Last of a Breed (Post 4850058)
Maybe the fact that most Pontiac Dealers added on a exorbant mark ups hurt the fact that people didn't buy GTOs. :rolleyes: And also many didn't allow test drives unless agreeing to purchase the car. I bet the dealer that still has a wide variety of GTO's that you go to won't budge at all on the price. Am I wrong?

I did go to a Pontiac dealer during the employee discount sales. I was on the fence and hoping for a GTO deal. The sales girl was in her early 20s and obviously didnt know about the car. I was checking it over and to my surprise she asked if I wanted to take it for a spin. So she headed into the dealer ship to get the keys. After several minutes of what Im sure was some educating of the new sales girl she emerged with "They said you cant drive it" I started it and reved it in the parking lot. I fell in love with the LS2 immediately. The sound, the way it shook. But I felt like a kid who didnt have their license yet reving moms car in the drive. I felt like a dork. I realized this would have been an impulse buy from people who didnt respect me enough to let me drive it. It wasnt even anywhere close to the deals that were being made on the Silverado.

Could I have afforded it? yup. Thankfully they didnt let me drive it and I have that much more money saved for a house. I bought my moms 02 accord with 8k cash and Im better off anyway.

I dont know if youre right, but Im not too proud that I would have made that kind of impulse buy now that I think about it. I was really hoping the Employee discount would be a deal I couldnt refuse at the time...

RedFormula1 09-06-2007 07:30 PM

No, but I can't comment on the amount of discount. My father-in-law went to shop the GTO and the Vette just before he passed away:(. He drove a GTO and a Solstice GXP (turbo). This particular dealer had 30 or so GTOs come up from South Florida where they couldn't sell them. They could be had for less than sticker but as I wasn't there when he was at the dealer I can't say how much off sticker they were and I don't believe he pursued the numbers that day anyway. Unfortunately he never got to the Chevy dealer before he died. He already had ruled out the Pontiacs in favor of a base Vette. I told my Mother-in-law that he would have wanted me to have the Vette but she just won't listen to reason. You are better off with a house for sure, and at least it was an Accord instead of a Minivan.