2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Detailed multipoint survey of pros and cons?

Old 01-07-2006, 05:24 PM

Re: Detailed multipoint survey of pros and cons?

Originally Posted by turbo96z28
can you make out the badges on the bottom of the front fenders Charlie. they look kinda C5 Z06ish.
Nope. I'll get a good look at them Monday in Detroit.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by 0toinsanein5.4sec
im not too sure how i feel about the egg crate grille.

i would probably prefer the lower fog/corner lights to be like this

i really like the little ram air slit on the front with the cowl hood as well. the low roof really makes it look fairly gangster (sorta like the 300) i like the real trunk.
Yep, if GM wants to know where they can improve from here, just match this picture. They dont have far to go but it needs some work in this direction
Old 01-08-2006, 02:49 PM

If you look at the top view of the right side of the silver concept from automobilemag.com, there is no emblem on the lower front quater panel and we can see that the air slit (not going to call it a scoop) is not in the hood but in the top of the bumper.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:42 PM

I think the badge that appears to be on the red car is actually just a reflection.

I really like the the chopped looking greenhouse. My brother just got a 300 for a company car, and I think that really makes the look of that car. The little air "scoop" has grown on me. It reminds me of the early 3rd gens. I'm wondering if it will have a lid type air intake like the LS1 F-bodies did. I'm also very curious to see how the interior will look in real life. I'll have to wait until March at the Dallas Auto Show.

Last edited by Sixer-Bird; 01-08-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:00 PM

I like the little ram air slit but i doubt it makes production. Look at the nostrils in the 4th gen prototype firebird. They never made it and they looked ok.

Don't like the milk crate grille. Give it a billet grill in black.

I wonder if it will feel like you sit up higher and have command seating like the mustang did. Thats what a lot of people who bought mustangs complained about in the camaro. That they couldn't see the front of the hood.

It kind of appears though that instead of raising the seat GM just raise the whole front of the car. Here now you can see it. DOH!

The other thing I hope doesn't happen is the sides of the door are way higher then your shoulder and your elbow and arm can't naturally rest on it. Ever sat in a Prowler and tried to rest your arm on the door. LOL good luck it's way to high.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:30 PM

Wheels- I think they look really good but are probably a bit too large, 18's are good.

Rear fender- I like the view from the "above" pic. I like the crispness of it and the shape created by the B pillar sweeping back. I also like the way the rear fender bulges out and then sweeps back to the rear.

Roof Lines- It is a nice way to break up that huge surface. It looks good on the C6 as it does here.

Dislikes:

I don't like retro so there are a lot of dislikes.

Grill- I don't like one thing about it.

Headlights- They look very old-tech and are almost lost in that huge grill.

Ram air slit- Although I bet it functions pretty well, it looks really goofy there and makes the height of the hood look that much larger.

Lower Front Facia- Looks very dull

Hood- pretty dull here too. There are a lot of flat surfaces. The small cowl doesn't look very agressive either.

Hood Height- Looks very tall and sedan-like, not "sporty" at all.

Virtually no slope to the hood

Overall bulky feel

Slab Sided- This is the most slab sided Camaro out of all the generations. One of the only design aspects that every Camaro posesses is the mid section peak that curves concavely under the car. It is quite unique but it looks to be absent. This feature makes the car look more like a Mustang.

Side Gills- Makes the car look more like a Mustang

Tail lights- I don't mind that they are separated into 4 individual lights, but the squareness of them doesn't look good. If they used 4 circles, then they could at least say they used a little 2nd gen in there.

Rear Facia- Very dull with little surface change or intrest.

Exhaust tips- Nothing good there. They look like Supertrap tips with that bevel on them and that is not good. The flattened top is not good either.

The rear starts very high and does not have a low agressive feel. It has the huge *** problem that Mustangs usually have. It makes the car look really tall in the rear.

The beltline makes the car look extreamly heavy.

The Interior- There is nothing good here except for the use of some color.

Last edited by SNEAKY NEIL; 01-08-2006 at 05:33 PM.