2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Check out the 2010 Camaro Ordering Workbook

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rob V
Maybe I am simply ignorant to acronyms or new technology in vehicles... But would anyone know what "Wireless PDIM, for use with steering wheel controls with auxiliary device" is...? I am interpreting it as some sort of input for things like an iPod. Can anyone educate me on this?

It is listed for the 2SS
I don't know exactly what the acronym stands for, but it is simply lets you use the steering wheel audio controls to control a device connected to the USB/auxilary jack, wirelessly transferring the actions you use on the steering wheel controls to the device.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:25 AM

I thought there was supposed to be embroidery on the 1SS seats, but the workbook doesn't seem to say so. Anybody know if they will be or no...not a big deal if there won't, I was just curious...
Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by 8Banger
By going on sale in March.
And going on sale in March gives it wider appeal?

I'm just trying to get a response from ChrisL on why he feels the 2010 Camaro will create "wide appeal".
Old 10-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Admin Emeritus

He didn't say that, Charlie. He said what has been said many times before. It needs a wide appeal to be successful. That's all, nothing to nitpick apart.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:55 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by Z284ever
And going on sale in March gives it wider appeal?

I'm just trying to get a response from ChrisL on why he feels the 2010 Camaro will create "wide appeal".
I didnt say it WILL have wide appeal, just that it needs to have it to be successful.

We all know the big issues that plauged the 4th gen - women in general didnt buy it, the low seating position, exagerated windshield rake, long hood, long dashboard top, big heavy doors.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
He didn't say that, Charlie. He said what has been said many times before. It needs a wide appeal to be successful. That's all, nothing to nitpick apart.
Originally Posted by ChrisL
I didnt say it WILL have wide appeal, just that it needs to have it to be successful.

Oky-doke.

Well, let me ask you guys directly. Do you think the 2010 Camaro will have wide appeal?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Admin Emeritus

Gotcha...I dunno how many will agree but will it have a wide appeal? I think so. But define the goal of the appeal. To be popular and to make articles and such? Sure. To have great sales? I think there is a good chance. The economy will make a dent, no doubt.

I think it will have a wide enough appeal to be successful but not as much as it could if the economy was better. I think it has a better chance than the 4th gens did. As much as it doesn't fit me, the Fergie thing might have helped widen that range. The Transformers and My Own Wost Enemy might strengthen the middle of that range.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Well, let me ask you guys directly. Do you think the 2010 Camaro will have wide appeal?
I dont know. I do think they addressed the big issues, as addressed in my post above. I should say some of those issues are things I liked, but I did accept the fact we werent going to get a low seating position.

Alot has changed.... even in the past few months. It's not a good time to be selling ANY car let alone a performance coupe. Every automaker foreign and domestic is showing sales declines of what, 20-30%? With the turmoil in the financial world, obtaining financing is going to be very difficult. We all know there are very few buyers who walk into a dealership cash in hand. Hopefully things will turn around for the banks by late 1Q09 when buyers and dealers are at the point of actually sealing the deal.

We'll have to wait and see what happens at this point.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:28 AM

i think this car is going to have wide appeal. its goign to be alot better than the 4th gens appeal. look at all the marketing that has been done for the car so far, and its not even out yet! there is more marketing now than i think they had for the years of the last style change(98-02). im very impressed with the way they are going about getting the car in the spotlight.

and with sema coming up next month.....its going to be huge for the camaro.
did you notice that alot of companies are looking forward to getting the camaro? saleen ,after selling his company, now has a new company ,not just ford anymore, and he wants to work on all muscle cars. (mustang,challanger and camaro). with saleen, there is no way that would be possible.

so yeah this car will have wide appeal.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:57 AM

Personally, I think this car will have much narrower appeal than I had hoped.

I'm not sure how many people will be clamoring for a 190", sporty coupe of this mass. And retro is over. You can argue about the exterior design, but the interior is simply and clearly OVERTLY retro - 5 years late to the party.

What happened to all of this differentiation we were promised? You really have to be a studious follower of the 5th gen to tell the difference between base, RS or SS. And we're back to two engines.

And how'd we get an orange interior and not a red one?

And just my opinion, but I think the production car has lost alot of the, "get out of my way before I eat you biotch", attitude which we fell in love with on the concept.

And what will be the fate of the Z/28?....

I hope Camaro does well, but frankly, after the intitial demand is met, I believe this car will be hanging by the skin of it's teeth on the sales chart.
JMHO...
Old 10-09-2008, 11:56 AM

who gives a $h!t if its late to the "retro" party? it doesnt matter how retro it looks the style is still very much wanted. and people love the look. 69 camaro's are retro and there arent enough of those around. it sounds like you are just upset because the z28 isnt out. yeah there may be some things missing that "we" feel should be there. im right with you with the red interior. i would love red. but the fact is we dont have it. i would also love nav, but guess what, im over it now.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
who gives a $h!t if its late to the "retro" party? it doesnt matter how retro it looks the style is still very much wanted. and people love the look. 69 camaro's are retro and there arent enough of those around. it sounds like you are just upset because the z28 isnt out. yeah there may be some things missing that "we" feel should be there. im right with you with the red interior. i would love red. but the fact is we dont have it. i would also love nav, but guess what, im over it now.
The point here is if it will have wide appeal or not.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:27 PM

yeah and im sorry i have to totally disagree with what you think. you may feel that way but ill guarantee the rest of the public is not feeling the same way. concidering the order date was pushed up to this monday from december , the demand MUST be there.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:34 PM

I think the appeal is certainly WIDER than the 4th gens, so that has to be a good thing.
But how are you defining "wide"? Will everyone want one? Probably not. But if they can pull in the 4th gen demographic and maybe 2-3 other ones, then GM has done their job.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
yeah and im sorry i have to totally disagree with what you think. you may feel that way but ill guarantee the rest of the public is not feeling the same way. concidering the order date was pushed up to this monday from december , the demand MUST be there.
The 10/13 date has been GMs target date for a long time. December was never considered.

Quick Reply: Check out the 2010 Camaro Ordering Workbook