2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro prototype without any camoflage!! Hollllly..

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Now -- to dispatch the black suburbans...........
Go get 'em!

I have to admit I am both happy and sad about this photo.

Happy, because I can see around the bad lighting and monochromatic colors to understand that the production Camaro is everything I'd hoped it would be.

Sad, because this poor quality photo may give the production Camaro a black eye before everyone sees it in all its glory as GM had intended.

I hope most enthusiasts remain patient.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
aww how cuute, looks like a 2 door charger!! hehe

it looks like it has lost some of its edge from the concept, but im still curious as to what the front will look like.
Yea it does in this photo

Originally Posted by Dragoneye
I see the same thing. but I really think that is the white paint messing with our heads. it's almost worse for picking stuff out than the Cow-spots versions.
Yup

\some would'nt be using words like 'pig' "charger" and such ........
Yeah, I was thinking this maybe the photo is just of terrable quality and to close. Hopefully its not so "tall".
Old 12-13-2007, 09:33 AM

To be honest (or is naive the word I'm looking for?) - I'm not thrilled to see this new picture. I never thought GM would deviate very far from the concept - the concept has been too high exposure outside the automotive world for GM to change tack. Think of all those people who saw the Camaro for the first time in the Transformers movie - they're going to notice a production car drastically different from the movie.....so I was never worried about the car.

What I don't like about this latest picture is that it throws off GM's strategy and hurts the whole Camaro team. A lot of people are working hard to make this car perfect and it sucks that someone (who probably isn't a GM fan) would circulate a picture like this.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 AM

Hello peeps,

I'm pretty new here and I haven't posted in a long time. I've mostly been cruising the boards looking for any new info.

I really like the way the car looks, poor photo and all, . I'm sure the new Camaro will be flying off the dealer lots as fast as they arrive. I have waited a long time to purchase a new car. I like the new Camaro so much that I'm willing to wait another year or two for it before I make a final decision on any car.

I believe and I hope the fit and finish and quality will be something to brag about. If it lives up to the hype then I'll take a black one with a V8 and a 6 speed thankyou.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Shellhead
To be honest (or is naive the word I'm looking for?) - I'm not thrilled to see this new picture. I never thought GM would deviate very far from the concept - the concept has been too high exposure outside the automotive world for GM to change tack. Think of all those people who saw the Camaro for the first time in the Transformers movie - they're going to notice a production car drastically different from the movie.....so I was never worried about the car..
Drastically different? I think you need to have your eyes examined.

Originally Posted by Shellhead
What I don't like about this latest picture is that it throws off GM's strategy and hurts the whole Camaro team. A lot of people are working hard to make this car perfect and it sucks that someone (who probably isn't a GM fan) would circulate a picture like this.
Scott has already suggested it would have had to come from a GM employee... or soon to be former employee. (They'll figure out who it is, they always do.)

On a positive note, GM is probably scrambling right now, trying to decide whether (or not) they should release to some photos of their own that show the production Camaro in a better light. (And perhaps color as well.)
Old 12-13-2007, 09:54 AM

Had the person just simply dropped to his/her knees and taken a picture at a more realistic angle-- some would'nt be using words like 'pig' "charger" and such ........
So, does this force GM into 'leaking' a better picture for some damage control?

We need to remember there is going to be a vanilla, V6 version of the Camaro too, which this car may be. Smaller wheels, higher ride height, something the womenz will be comfortable driving everyday. Comparing this car to the concept may be like comparing 4th gen V6 cars to the SS.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:58 AM

It's a crappy picture of a badass car.

I'm sure I can dig up pics of other badass cars (although not as badass as a 5th gen)
that are horrible.

I am disappointed that THIS pic made it out, but I can see that the car is on the right
track. There will be a 5th gen Camaro in this family soon enough!

I think most people will be able to see through this picture and understand that it
is a crappy cell phone pic taken by someone who is obviously NOT a photographer.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by RedLT4Mike
It's a crappy picture of a badass car.
Amen, Brother.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:04 AM

This was a horrible picture --

.................and it's what puts me up the wall --

.....................past the pictures...............

.........................................and on to the ceiling........

.....because some BOZO (I'm being kind here......) took it upon himself/herself to take a horribly positioned picture and put it out there for all to see. Someone not only needs to be fired -- but PROSECUTED..................and no, we didn't do this to 'leak' it.....

Well, feel free to post a better picture

Or you can just email them to me... I won't tell
Old 12-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Has anyone here been hearing about the rumor that this car is actually on this side of the Pacific??
Old 12-13-2007, 10:14 AM

I wouldn't see why not. GM needs to do winter and summer testing, right? It's almost winter here and almost summer is Kangarooland.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:16 AM

Yeah, they are citing specific differences in the wheels and camo (specifically the hood) as well as the location. Just wondering what the experts here thought.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 12-13-2007, 10:42 AM

For those of you who DID like the concept and Bumblebee-- you will love the production car because it's simply more svelte (Relax Charlie and Bob) than the concept.......trust me on this. (How many times do I have to say 'trust me' anyhow??????)
Bar none, the best part of Scott's post. Charlie, what do you say to this? (you're convinced the production car will be considerably bigger than the concept)....

Guys and gals -- the production car is stunning......
Good to hear as well.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
I wouldn't see why not. GM needs to do winter and summer testing, right? It's almost winter here and almost summer is Kangarooland.
Let me just put it forward that I would GLADLY volunteer my services to assist with winter testing of this car, seeing as I am temporarily stationed in Whitehorse, Yukon territory, not that we're experiencing cold and snow at the moment or anything...
Old 12-13-2007, 10:49 AM

All I can say is I love the concept car and I cant wait to go another 30 to 35 grand in debt to own the production car. I have always wanted to own a first gen and I feel this car is better looking and will be far more fun to drive than a 69 or my old 81 Z28 or my 2007 Charger R/T family car.

Quick Reply: Camaro prototype without any camoflage!! Hollllly..