2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro prototype without any camoflage!! Hollllly..

Old 12-12-2007, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
I would not say "befuddlement" is the term I'd use........................
Well scratch the controled GM leak therory!

And again please keep in mind this car is no way complete.

A stipped down dirty white Z06 with bra's on both ends is not a pretty sight. So we should not condem anything in these pictures till GM is done.

Folks they still have over a year to work yet.

A fresh plated corn field is not much to look at till fall.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:25 PM

The front wheel arch looks huge in this angle.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:05 AM

I've had the chance to see both coupe and convertible at the F-Body Gathering in Atlanta the past two years. This unmasked picture is making me drool like a baby. I am not disapointed at all by what i see.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by FactoryZ

inverting the colors and flipping it, shows the angles a little better.

hmmm

Last edited by HAZ-Matt; 12-13-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:37 AM

The car seems to have lost the low slung squat look of the last one and now is much more upright. Remind me of the 2nd concept that was **** canned by Wagoner more than the concept we know. I HOPE they do something more with the gills than what is on that car...that looks kind of lame. Dimensionally it strikes me as a GTO in sexier clothes...which it kind of is.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:51 AM

Camaro V8 6 speed manual for me (SS or Z28).

G8 GT 6 speed auto for the wife.

PRICELESS !!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by formula79
The car seems to have lost the low slung squat look of the last one and now is much more upright. Remind me of the 2nd concept that was **** canned by Wagoner more than the concept we know. I HOPE they do something more with the gills than what is on that car...that looks kind of lame. Dimensionally it strikes me as a GTO in sexier clothes...which it kind of is.
agree with you on the gills part. I liked what the concept did using them as brake coolers. Not on the part about this being like the 2nd concept. This thing still has partial camo. It looks to me the opening in the camo intentionally doesnt match the opening in the grill.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:21 AM

You can't beat the visual presence of the concept because it is made just to be seen. I was questioning the car when I saw it in camo, but this white car is everything I expected and more. I am guessing based on the stance and wheels compared to the other mule with the cowl hood and wider wheels that this is a base model V6. Now I could be wrong but in the camaro mule/mustang pic it just seems like the car on the end sits a little more agressive and has wider wheels and the car closest to the stangs is either this car or an identical mule. Just my .02. Can wait. I want it, I want it, I want it.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:20 AM

IMO, the Bumble Bee Camaro will probably be the closest to production version we will see.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:03 AM

Folks there is fantasy and reality.

Show cars are like Hollywood and Disney where everything is bigger and better but it also is not the real world. These cars are Fanasy and a designers dream.

Production cars are real world where things are real. It is not like s CSI like show where all the problems are solved by a Cop in heels in a 38D cup in 60 min. It's also not going to change into a robot and save Sam and the world either.

I am not saying the new car has poor looks in anyway , I think GM has done a great job! But we all need to be realistic in our expectations as this is the real world.

GM never promised us a Identical Concept car but one very close and that is what they are delivering. Besides if they had not made many of the changes we would complain that the car was not livable or affordable as a daily vehicle.

I know some are complaining about things like the Quarter flairs and ground clearance. These are the same people that would post how they hate scraping the nose because the car was too low and how the Quarter panel paint is damaged by flying rocks.

Folks just let them finish the car as in the end most will be happy and what ones don't like it and those who don't GM was never going to please anyway.

You can fairly judge this car till it is done.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
I would not say "befuddlement" is the term I'd use........................

Scott, it's rather obvious someone used a cell phone camera for this pic. I have a few questions for you:

1. If GM provides you folks with company cell phones, why on earth would they provide people in product development phones with cameras on them?

2. I know people would still have their own phones with cameras that weren't provided by GM, so for those who work in sensitive areas of the company, wouldn't you think they'd have thought to ask to see everyone's cell phone when camera phones came out and log who has camera phones?

3. For the people who do work on and around sensitive future product that tends to be in plain sight, wouldn't GM have a security checkpoint at the door to that room where you need to check your cell phone if it has a camera?

I would have thought GM would think of these things when you are banking millions in future product development and the competition is fierce. Didn't something similar happen before the Z06 Corvette was officialy released?

Of course, having said all of that, I am VERY happy to see the pictures
Old 12-13-2007, 07:24 AM

Holy crap! What a good start to my morning

I take back what I said earlier, the door handles look ok.

Sunburst Orange Metallic, v-8, a clutch , six gears, and that unmistakable rumble....

Last edited by Silverado C-10; 12-13-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:32 AM

Anyone noticed the slightly open hood... hmmm would be fun to take a peek in there !

IMO The hips are just a tad ordinary, but i'm pretty sure that i won't care when i'm at my GM dealer's door in a year or two

Thanx GM for reviving the Camaro !!!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:10 AM

Ok, here is what I can tell you as a PHOTOGRAPHER...
1) The pictures we have seen of the concept are taken by proffesional photographers.. they know LIGHT... they live it, they smell it, they have too.. is their income. Light changes how we see things.. therefore someone that knows about light knows how to make the details of the body line.. POP out at you.
2) The pictures we seen of the pre-production camaros are.. taken in the poorest of light conditions by people that don't know anything about photography. And on top the cars are covered/camo so the body lines don't POP out at you.

In conclusion... just wait and see the final product... this last picture thought.. it DOES show that ALL the body lines are there and just as prominent as the concept. Some of you are saying.. that it "have lost the low slung squat look of the last one" Well... D'uh! the concept was a concept with HUGE wheels and LOW to the ground with LOW roof... This one has more REAL size wheels, not so low to the ground for ride confort and a bit taller roof. Nothing that a nice set of wheels and some lowerring springs can't take care of.

Last edited by jcamere94z28; 12-13-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:49 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

OK - I know that not everyone liked the concept -- but frankly, 90+ percent DID -- and that's 'off the charts' for a new vehicle.......

For those of you who DID like the concept and Bumblebee-- you will love the production car because it's simply more svelte (Relax Charlie and Bob) than the concept.......trust me on this. (How many times do I have to say 'trust me' anyhow??????)

This was a horrible picture --

.................and it's what puts me up the wall --

.....................past the pictures...............

.........................................and on to the ceiling........

.....because some BOZO (I'm being kind here......) took it upon himself/herself to take a horribly positioned picture and put it out there for all to see. Someone not only needs to be fired -- but PROSECUTED..................and no, we didn't do this to 'leak' it.....

Had the person just simply dropped to his/her knees and taken a picture at a more realistic angle-- some would'nt be using words like 'pig' "charger" and such ........

The white color is somewhat misleading -- further, the black bras on the front and back trick the eye into seeing 'vertical' rather than 'horizontal' -- and, as others point out -- lighting is everything in terms of showing 'character' lines. (anyone who sees the Red Fiberglass and then the Silver coupe or Bumblebee will tell you that metallic paints bring out the character lines -- something you can't see in these pics...)

Guys and gals -- the production car is stunning......to the point where there is lots of emotion when you see it for the first time. (heck -- Mr. Wellburn HUGGED it!!!)

..........and while I'm in rant mode --

..............we know we'll never keep everyone happy -- but judging by the comments I read thru 2am this morning on at least 15 sites -- I couldn't be happier with the general reaction..................

Now -- to dispatch the black suburbans...........

Last edited by Fbodfather; 12-13-2007 at 09:17 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camaro prototype without any camoflage!! Hollllly..