2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Camaro Disciples Meeting Again in Detroit in 2010! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!

Old 04-16-2010, 06:02 AM

I'm sure it is dry weight. Though I've never directy measured a T56, I have compared actual T5 and T45 weights to what is listed on TTC's site, and they are very close - and without fluid, as you stated.

That would hurt on the Auto side too, as there is quite a bit more ATF in them than stick trannies.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
According to Tremec (TTC), the 450 lb/ft T56 weighs 129 lbs. That would include the bellhousing, but not include the clutch. I have no idea what a 4L60E weighs???

In the spirit of the thread......lighter, please. Do whatever you can, GM. Please. Though I may not be fond of a few minor things, weight is my only deal breaker (for me).
4L60-E weighs 146lbs dry. Converter and pan depth dictates how much ATF is required for a fill.

6L80-E is over 200 lbs. depending on the application. I believe it's 229lbs. in the C6 'vette.

The TR6060 in the Corvette is, I believe, 121 lbs. wet.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 04-16-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:22 AM

After seeing comment about it on the convertible thread it reminded me, get rid of the roof fin xm antanae! Integrate it somehow, it kills the lines of the car and looks like an afterthought. Also incorporate what Ford did with the Mustang and give the Camaro some blind spot mirrors built into the regular side mirrors to help with visibility. Visibility is the main reason I can't see my self in the Camaro, I can't see out of the car, the blindspots are huge and when I'm traveling on I-85 in rush hour trafic I don't have time to check and recheck a million times to see if someone is over on my right hand blindspot.

Last edited by STOCK1SC; 04-16-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:51 AM

I don't know if its been mentioned but tell someone to paint the bottoms of the mufflers or something. Seeing them under the bumper looks like someone messed up.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:31 PM

Another vote for LOSE the Mail slot and make a functional hood scoop.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I believe 129 pounds is the dry weight -- add ~6 for a few quarts of fluid.
Originally Posted by 1fastdog
4L60-E weighs 146lbs dry. Converter and pan depth dictates how much ATF is required for a fill.

6L80-E is over 200 lbs. depending on the application. I believe it's 229lbs. in the C6 'vette.

The TR6060 in the Corvette is, I believe, 121 lbs. wet.
So the 4L60E is heavier than the T56, assuming JakeRobb's belief is correct. It probably uses more fluid too.

I'm surprised at the weight of the 6L80-E. I knew that the dual-clutch automatic trannys are heavy but didn't think the 6 speed autos weighed that much more than the 4 speeds.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:50 AM

I don't think there was much doubt the 4L60E was heavier than the T56 (JakeRobb is correct on the T56 numbers), its just a matter of how much. Certainly it uses more fluid, too.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:45 AM

Hey STOCK1SC...the mirrors are a neat idea....please NO blind spot monitoring with annoying buzzers !!!
Again as I have said many times I commute in my car often in congested traffic...The blind spot is NOT an issue after you drive the car for a day.
Adjust right hand mirror way out and that with the rear view skewed to the right of rear windo and you cant miss a car with a shoulder check.
No big deal. DONT change the chopped look for more "visibility".....
I would like to see the look get MORE radical...chopped...bit lower...and nastier...
Old 04-19-2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by 426HPSS
Hey STOCK1SC...the mirrors are a neat idea....please NO blind spot monitoring with annoying buzzers !!!
Again as I have said many times I commute in my car often in congested traffic...The blind spot is NOT an issue after you drive the car for a day.
Adjust right hand mirror way out and that with the rear view skewed to the right of rear windo and you cant miss a car with a shoulder check.
No big deal. DONT change the chopped look for more "visibility".....
I would like to see the look get MORE radical...chopped...bit lower...and nastier...
The blind spots on the Camaro are costing it sales, it might not look like it now because it's the gotta have it car but there is a good portion of potential customers that it is important too. I could over look the Camaro's performance deficit with the Mustang but I can see out of the Mustang better and I don't feel like I'm sitting in a coffin. With 3 kids plus a ton of kids in the neighborhood it is more important for me to be able to see backing out of the driveway. The wife's van has back up sensors but the alarms come on so much you basically have to ignore them and just stay vigilent checking behind you. I would prefer to have the Camaro it is so much better looking but the Mustang is cheaper, faster, handles better, lighter, can see out of it better, etc.....
Old 04-19-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by 426HPSS
DONT change the chopped look for more "visibility".....
Ive never heard or seen someone ask to do that.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
I have seen others ask for it and asked for it myself.

It's impossible to please everybody
Old 04-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
I want more visibility, and I'd be willing to sacrifice the chopped look to get it. Chopped looks great, but so do lots of other looks. Camaro is supposed to be a driver's car, and poor visibility puts almost as much a damper on that as too much weight does.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:53 PM

Camaro is supposed to be a driver's car, and poor visibility puts almost as much a damper on that as too much weight does.
I agree 1000%. Unfortunately, just like the weight, the poor visibility is baked into this gen.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:03 PM

I want more visibility, and I'd be willing to sacrifice the chopped look to get it. Chopped looks great, but so do lots of other looks. Camaro is supposed to be a driver's car, and poor visibility puts almost as much a damper on that as too much weight does.
More if you ask me. The small windows bother me more than the weight, which I still don't expect to drop much on a V8 Alpha (150 pounds I say), should that come to pass.

But clearly, some really like them. I expect that Chevy has some idea how much they help and hurt sales. It does seem to be the style these days -- even the Mustang has small windows.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:36 AM

I would say that they need to maybe consider putting in a back up camera instead of the back up sensors. I'm not know, but I'm sure someone else already made mention of this idea. I know that when I worked at a dealership, the Nissan Murano (not that I'm a fan of the Murano) had a back up camera that was awesome to use. It helped to make sure there was nothing on the ground behind you, helped it you where backing up to a trailer (not that the Camaro would ever have one), but it especially made it VERY easy to park with the combined use of the camera, mirrors, and turning around to look (which I still believe everyone should do).

It would be an easy integration to have it as a small screen in the center review mirror.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camaro Disciples Meeting Again in Detroit in 2010! PROVIDE YOUR INPUT!