CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/)
-   -   Bullitt style movie starring the 2009 Camaro? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-news-sightings-pictures-multimedia-61/bullitt-style-movie-starring-2009-camaro-486507/)

Z28Ecrazy 11-24-2006 07:41 PM

Bullitt style movie starring the 2009 Camaro?

Well I for one think the Camaro has gotten the shaft in the film industry. There has not been any move to my knowledge that has starred a Camaro. I mean the Pontiac people have Smokey & the Bandit, the Delorean people have Back to the Future, and the Mustang people have Bullitt. I know that transformers is going to have the 5th gen in it but I want to see the 09 camaro in a movie showing its all out power and style with some real kick ass chase scenes. What are your guys thoughts or ideas on a movie starring the 09 Camaro?

POWERFREAK 11-24-2006 08:08 PM

What about "Better Off Dead"? OK, not really a car movie, but it was a really nice Camaro.

Rob V 11-24-2006 09:00 PM

Don't forget The Last Ride, with the new GTO... I think that we'll get our fill with Transformers and the sequels but it'd be nice to have more than that.

daddytrav 11-24-2006 09:21 PM

It depends, If the movie has tons of gay special effects then, NO. If it is done right, actual body damage, no cops keeping up with it on the interstate, no rediculous jumpsetc..Then hell ya

shock6906 11-24-2006 10:02 PM

That new movie with John Cena, I think it's The Marine, has an SS Camaro cop car in it.

POWERFREAK 11-24-2006 10:02 PM

SO...NO fast and furious with Camaros.

daddytrav 11-24-2006 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK (Post 4244729)

Basically..ya

0toinsanein5.4sec 11-24-2006 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK (Post 4244729)

tokyo drift was actually done very well IMO

guionM 11-25-2006 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Z28Ecrazy (Post 4244595)
Well I for one think the Camaro has gotten the shaft in the film industry. There has not been any move to my knowledge that has starred a Camaro. I mean the Pontiac people have Smokey & the Bandit, the Delorean people have Back to the Future, and the Mustang people have Bullitt. I know that transformers is going to have the 5th gen in it but I want to see the 09 camaro in a movie showing its all out power and style with some real kick ass chase scenes. What are your guys thoughts or ideas on a movie starring the 09 Camaro?

"Gumball Rally" comes immediately to mind.

Yellow Camaro, slightly modified. But like the "Dukes Of Hazzard's" Charger, it was a version that was no longer in production.

"Smokey & The Bandit" was a once in a lifetime movie where a car you could actually buy was as big a star as the people (& not because it could talk and had gee-wiz gadgets either). Bullitt's Mustang reached cult status only in recent years when Ford decided to create a new "Bullitt Mustang". Till then, that movie was known for Steve McQueen & having debatably the 1st memorable chase scene.

Movies designed around a car never work unless there's a good story behind it. The idea that a few "kick ass" chase scenes, or a movie "showing it's all out power", isn't a movie, and is a flop waiting to happen. There aren't enough people shallow enough in the world to sit through a bad movie for 2 hours just because of a few bunouts, j-turns, and high speed runs. Even NASCAR needs drama and it's stars to keep people intrested.

Remember "Corvette Summer"? Didn't think so. What's more memorable about the TV series "Charlie's Angels"? The Mustang II Cobra II, or Farrah Faucet-Majors?

The best you can hope for is that GM gets as good with product placement as Ford frequently is. The new Mondeo is in the new James bond movie, as was the last Thunderbird debut and no fewer than 2 Aston Martins. Ford also supplied cars to most all the cop shows of the 60s and 70s, from Hawaii Five-O to Starsky & Hutch. Any TV show or movie with police is a rolling advertizement for the Crown Victoria. Chrysler even got good placement for the 300C in the last Harrison Ford movie, Firewall.

Transformers is going to be popular because it's based on a popular morning cartoon & toys that have been around long enough for kids that 1st grew up with them are late teenagers, and Camaro & Mustang are well placed for that group.

Meanwhile, "The Last Ride" was really a GTO advertisement disguised as a Fast & Furious-type movie. Once all the hoopla over the GTO returning died down, the movie wound up completely forgettable. Even bad.

But the original Fast & Furious is still a popular movie.

CamaroSS30thAnn 11-25-2006 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by shock6906 (Post 4244727)
That new movie with John Cena, I think it's The Marine, has an SS Camaro cop car in it.

nope it just had an SS hood :o

jg95z28 11-25-2006 02:14 PM

And you guys call yourselves Camaro fans?

"Eat My Dust!" (1976) starring Ron Howard. He steals a 1967 Camaro race car and runs from the cops.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074454/

meissen 11-25-2006 02:32 PM

:D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073941/
Aloha, Bobby and Rose

fredmr39 11-25-2006 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by 0toinsanein5.4sec (Post 4244792)
tokyo drift was actually done very well IMO

I think so too.

Though all foreign cars, they weren't imports since they were in "their" country - so those people didn't know any better since thats all they grew up around...and you couldn't blame them and get angry since they were driving their cars.

One thing that REALLY pissed me off about the movie was the last race. I KNEW there would have to be American muscle/pony cars in there somewhere....and FINALLY there was, and it's powered by a damn import motor....

However - the next movie looks like it will be decent, based on the very last scene of that one...

0toinsanein5.4sec 11-25-2006 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by fredmr39 (Post 4245464)
I think so too.

Though all foreign cars, they weren't imports since they were in "their" country - so those people didn't know any better since thats all they grew up around...and you couldn't blame them and get angry since they were driving their cars.

One thing that REALLY pissed me off about the movie was the last race. I KNEW there would have to be American muscle/pony cars in there somewhere....and FINALLY there was, and it's powered by a damn import motor....

However - the next movie looks like it will be decent, based on the very last scene of that one...

as much as i HATED the nissan engine in the mustang, it kinda flowed with the movie and Lucas Black's character, with him being kind of a old school american muscle type of guy sort of having the japanese way infused into him. that said i still kinda wished it had a big block in it.

i wouldnt mind seeing the 5th gen in the next F&F as long as they do it like they did the third one. (but not about drifting) as long as rob cohen stays the hell away from it it can't be too bad. Bring Justin Lin back.

ZFan88 11-25-2006 10:00 PM

Sorry but there's no way a big block would've done well in a race like that in Tokyo Drift. It was a pretty good movie though.

Does anyone have or know where we can download Eat My Dust lol