2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Announcing Neiman-Marcus Camaro Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 02:10 AM

I like the new rear spoiler. I hope the coupe gets it too.

The interior color is very nice. Hope that makes it to production on down the line.
Would look great with black, red or cyber grey exterior. Almost Camaro Dusk concept looking.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by CamaroZ282008
$75k for this "limited" edition is ridiculous. I could see it at $50K. I see nothing making this car worth that much. Absolutely no performance gains. This is essentially an SS with some fancy paint, 21" concept car replica wheels, a painted windshield surround and some two tone leather work for the interior.
With the exception of the two tone additions on the interior the dash materials still look like those found in a base SS.
lol. its a convertable....everyone knows convertables arent for performance
Old 10-07-2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
Exactly.

600 hp Viper droptop, Corvette Grand Sport convertible, Ferrari F430 and Lambo Gallardo Spyders, Porsche 911 Turbo and Boxster S convertibles, Porsche Carerra GT, Ferrari F50, Shelby Cobra, Honda S2000, Acura NSX, BMW Z8, etc. Not one of 'em has a performance related bone in its body...

Anyway, all that aside, don't look for a NM edition to have any kind of functional enhancements. You don't buy a 1 of 100 special edition car like that to take to the local dragstrip; you buy it to park in a garage and brag that you were one of the 100 to get one. Kind of like the 6 figure restored classics at the BJ (and other) auctions all the time. You think those guys buy those cars to drive them, as most of us would? No way. They are paperweights bought as investments or just to add to collections.

Is the NM Camaro a good value in terms of the hardware you get? Not at all. Is it good visibility for the Camaro name? Probably.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by 96_Camaro_B4C
Exactly.

600 hp Viper droptop, Corvette Grand Sport convertible, Ferrari F430 and Lambo Gallardo Spyders, Porsche 911 Turbo and Boxster S convertibles, Porsche Carerra GT, Ferrari F50, Shelby Cobra, Honda S2000, Acura NSX, BMW Z8, etc. Not one of 'em has a performance related bone in its body...

Anyway, all that aside, don't look for a NM edition to have any kind of functional enhancements. You don't buy a 1 of 100 special edition car like that to take to the local dragstrip; you buy it to park in a garage and brag that you were one of the 100 to get one. Kind of like the 6 figure restored classics at the BJ (and other) auctions all the time. You think those guys buy those cars to drive them, as most of us would? No way. They are paperweights bought as investments or just to add to collections.

Is the NM Camaro a good value in terms of the hardware you get? Not at all. Is it good visibility for the Camaro name? Probably.
oh relax man, i was just kidding. but serious in a way.all those you mentioned were 2 seater verts.none in the same 4 seater class as the camaro. these 4 seater convertables.....definately not performance oriented. all the other cars that are 2 seater convertables.... their a different story.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:27 PM

oh relax man, i was just kidding. but serious in a way.all those you mentioned were 2 seater verts.none in the same 4 seater class as the camaro. these 4 seater convertables.....definately not performance oriented. all the other cars that are 2 seater convertables.... their a different story.
Does that mean the 4 seater Camaro coupe isn't performance oriented? Because most of the open top cars I mentioned also came in fixed-roof form with the same powertrains and very similar overall performance levels.

I mean, yes, the Camaro droptop isn't intended to be a street legal race car. Nor is the coupe, for that matter. But I sure as heck hope the convertible is intended to offer some solid street performance along with its extra dose of sunshine.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:24 PM

You bring up a VERY good point!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:00 PM

I didnt see it mentioned yet. Here is where the wheels are from

The SLP cars . The NM vert wheels have silver ports instead of the slp gunmetal .
Name:  slp1.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  133.3 KB
Old 10-08-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by 90 Z28SS
I didnt see it mentioned yet. Here is where the wheels are from

The SLP cars . The NM vert wheels have silver ports instead of the slp gunmetal .
Which are nice wheels.

The design inspiration owes something to the 'vert concept. Not to put too fine a point on it, but it is what it is...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...wheel_photo_18

Last edited by 1fastdog; 10-08-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:34 AM

This "shape-shifting" color sound very interesting. I think the muted stripes and the high-quality paint are probably going to look awesome. The details of the wheels, interior, etc really make this a nice car. I wouldn't be one to pay 75K for a Camaro, but these cars will sell out.

Remember, Neiman-Marcus is all about luxury living. This car is not about performance, it's about exclusivity!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by mudbone
Remember, Neiman-Marcus is all about luxury living. This car is not about performance, it's about exclusivity!
100% correct. This is an interesting sort of foray into that market. They wouldn't dream of doing this with a 2002 Camaro back then. Funny how things change.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:50 PM

Of all the many DIS-tasteful things people are doing to 5th gens, this special edition car is pretty refreshing . I dont think theres a tacky or cheezy thing on it . The color combo's, stripes and wheels just look sweet as hell .
Old 10-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

Chris and I discussed this in CamaroZ28.Com Podcast #266. Download and listen for free!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by 96_Camaro_B4C
Does that mean the 4 seater Camaro coupe isn't performance oriented? Because most of the open top cars I mentioned also came in fixed-roof form with the same powertrains and very similar overall performance levels.

I mean, yes, the Camaro droptop isn't intended to be a street legal race car. Nor is the coupe, for that matter. But I sure as heck hope the convertible is intended to offer some solid street performance along with its extra dose of sunshine.
personally, i dont think the vert is a performance oriented car. all those cars you mentioned are performance cars! not even the same comparisson. they are 2 seater sports cars. whether coupe or vert. majority of those cars also have a lower top end speed in the vert form, due to the top on it. and the chassis is close to the same because most of the top isnt missing like on a 4 seater vert. when you remove that much structure from a car like a camaro or a mustang, you need more support. its not the same as making a viper or a vette a convertable.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:38 PM

personally, i dont think the vert is a performance oriented car. all those cars you mentioned are performance cars! not even the same comparisson. they are 2 seater sports cars. whether coupe or vert. majority of those cars also have a lower top end speed in the vert form, due to the top on it. and the chassis is close to the same because most of the top isnt missing like on a 4 seater vert. when you remove that much structure from a car like a camaro or a mustang, you need more support. its not the same as making a viper or a vette a convertable.
I somewhat agree. Out of the list, all of the ones that aren't designed solely as a convertible a slightly less capable than the coupe ones. But, you certainly can make well engineered performance convertibles if you set out to do so.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by HAZ-Matt
I somewhat agree. Out of the list, all of the ones that aren't designed solely as a convertible a slightly less capable than the coupe ones. But, you certainly can make well engineered performance convertibles if you set out to do so.
sure. i agree with you 100%. but your gonna pay a hefty price for it. M3,S5,CL AMG...performance 2+2 verts.....very prices.....yet very good and solid.

Quick Reply: Announcing Neiman-Marcus Camaro Convertible