2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

#6046 is home. My Review. maybe others Chime in with theirs.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 04:32 PM

#6046 is home. My Review. maybe others Chime in with theirs.

Waited for close to 3 years for my Black beauty. here are a few thoughts.

1/ The delivery. Mike fair Chevrolet in Smith Falls, Ontario had the car in the showroom and I drove it out myself. Car was stunning(Black 2SS w/RS and inferno orange). paint is OK but has some small milky blemishes that show up when you look carefully on the hood. Under the clearcoat so I guess I am stuck with it.
2/ The car. fit is excellent. trunk, hood, align nicely and pained beads on inside of doors to prevent rust are nice new addition. The key feels very european with the switch blade style. The rumble at idle is muted. but it really growls more when windows open and you step on it. Shifter is fantastic in my opinion. I have read complaints on it but it fits your hand perfectly. Deep dish wheel is hard but OK and very high quality. all interior switches and components feel like high quality items . The interior plastics are OK but definitely an area of cost cutting. Hey, you gotta pay for the LS3 and the 6 spped and IRS somewhere. I think the sunroof is an important option as car feels dark inside without that day light shining in. works fine. seals tight . could be nicer switches for motor but very acceptable. Seats are fabulous. comfortable, long in the leg for support and leather is high quality. The orange interior is stunning and the stitching on wheel and shifet and console are near perfect. The polished wheels are really BIG. Big and bold. no issues and once you have driven the bejesus out of this baby around a fast ramp with bumps you will always want independent rear 4.5 link suspensions designed by the boys at Holden in Aussieland.
The trunk is fine. The really annoying thing there is closing the damned thing. No grab handle to pull it down. what a miss there GM.!!! every time I shine my nice black car I put fingerprints all over trunk by grabbing spoiler to close....uhhhh who was sleeping there on the design team.
Boston Acoustics sound is good but expected more punch. Have not tried a CD yet. love the lighting at night but who forgot to light to exterior mirror switch...?? More snoozing....
The motor is fantastic although to my ear these babies have a slight knock at idle in the bottom end that is not injector noise. Maybe I am hearing things.Anyone else have comments on this ?? Current LS3 owners maybe??? I changed the oil at 50 miles and will again at 1000 miles. dealer threw in a couple of PF48's with the sale. lots of space in there...in front of pullies...hmmmmm....
Tremec 6060 is notchy but shorter throw than I expected and very slick. I notice with every drive it is shifting better. bit of driveline noise when windows are open at slow speed but no biggie jst on shifts but expected I suppose.
The "chop" windows (side, front,back) are beautiful. All the writers wining about this are missing the coolest element of this car. After an hour one gets used to tighter sightlines and double checking the blind side on RHS but the elements that make this such a strong styling statement last the life of the car. It looks extraordinary in person. Dont even hesitate on this one.
Clutch effort is fine. one has to be precise cause she grabs within a tight range but again, took me a few minutes to get used to compared with other standards I drive. Precision is the key.
Lighting at night is beautiful and well executed especially the cool lights at top of orange panels on sides of doos. kind of a orange hue to the doors. really different and expressive.
The brakes stop right now. they are incredibly strong but I am INFURIATED with the weights on the front calipers. This is a cobbled up solution between Brembo and Chevrolet in Oshawa and is unprofessional at the very least. I have to look at those ugly things through my stunning wheels every day and what if they fall off?? What if they fall off and hit a motorcyclist in the face 300 yds behind me. GM needs to own up to this NOW and get us who have paid big dollars for our cars and get a fix for this ASAP. I want calipers like EVERY other car on the planet. No wheel weights stuck on them because we are trying to patch a problem till we get a better product in production from Brembo. The italian engineers who let this slide on a production car should be sent back to design school. My god you dont get that in a 10,000 dollar Cobalt/Accent !!!!

I have many more comments but this is a beginning. Oh Ya , forgot to say. This baby is fast fast fast...and I love the ultimate muscle car of the year.
When I drive it though it feels refined enough to call it a Muscle "touring" car.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:22 PM

i dont think im going to gripe about anything when i get my car no point in it ive waiting this long to get ill just be happy its here
Old 06-11-2009, 10:37 AM

Yea, those were some very minor gripes.

Just enjoy the car.....
Old 06-11-2009, 12:37 PM

Can someone post a link describing the caliper weights issue?
Old 06-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Smile

wheel weights on the calipers are covered well in a thread in the Chassis, suspension,brake section.
Anybody care to chime in with some non automotive magazine reviews??