2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 2010 Production Camaro FAQ to answer all questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Admin Emeritus

Lightbulb The 2010 Production Camaro FAQ to answer all questions!

Let's all contribute to a new 2010 FAQ to help people who are wondering about the 2010 Camaro find what they are looking for. The old 2010 Super FAQ was great but now that production information is out there, it raises all new kinds of questions.

Simply post your question here in this thread. If you also know the answer and think that someone else might ask the same question, feel free to post that as well. If you want to add to or clarify something, post here as well. As posts are made, I will update this first post.

Please understand that the information contained in this thread is not intended to be complete or final and information can change.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Q. When did 2010 Camaro Production Start?
  • A. It was originally scheduled to be February 16, 2009. However, it was re-scheduled to March 16, 2009. The Camaro team wanted to ensure the Camaro exceeds the highest quality benchmarks established by GM for a new product. This re-timing is NOT the result of current business conditions, or any pending legal matters.

Q. When will I be able to order one?
  • A. NOW! Ordering opened up October 13, 2008.

Q. 2010? I thought it was a 2009 Camaro?
  • A. It was always meant to be a 2010 Camaro to be sold in 2009. GM never said that it was to be a 2009 model, it was only speculated by media, etc.

Q. How much will it cost?
Q. Why no Z28? It is dead?
  • A. There is no clear answer why the Z28 wasn't offered for now, but it isn't "dead". It just doesn't appear to be part of the SORP (Start Of Regular Production) for the 2010 model. At one time, people said the Camaro was "dead" and look where we are today.

Q. What about a convertible?
  • A. On hold for the time being, but as far as data shows, it is still being planned.
Q. Why no T-Tops?
  • A. T-Tops are not possible without the car becoming much heavier and more expensive while still maintaining necessary crash ratings.

Q. LS? LT? RS? SS?
  • LS & LT = V6 models
  • SS = V8 model
  • RS is a trim package that can be added to the LT and SS.

Q. What does the RS package consist of?
  • A. RS Appearance Package available on LT and SS, with HID headlamps with integrated halo ring feature, rear spoiler, specific taillamps (RS has darker lens appearance), 20-inch wheels, body colored roof ditch molding.

Q. What do all of the different colored styles and colors of badges mean?
  • V6 + no RS package = no badge (assumed)
  • V6 + RS package = red RS badge
  • V8 + no RS package = SS badge (color TBD, likely black, white, or silver, depending on car paint color)
  • V8 + RS package = red SS badge

Q. What are the differences between the V8 models?
  • A. The L99 is the Active Fuel Management (AFM) version of the LS3. The L99 is the engine you get if you decide to get an SS with Automatic at 400hp where as if you get an SS manual you get the LS3 non AFM at 422 hp.

Q. What are the visual differences between the V6 and V8 models?
  • V8 models have more aggressive front fascia with larger lower opening, more pronounced lower front spoiler, "hips" above the fog lights, mail slot (non-functional) opening above grill
  • V6 models have 3" dual exhaust tips
  • V8 models have 3.75" dual exhaust tips

Q. When will my order be submitted? What is the latest I can change it?
  • Straight from John Fitzpatrick...

There is no specific date for the orders to be uploaded. The date depends on when the dealer receives allocation, and the allocation is spread over many weeks. An order can be changed up until the point the dealer submits the order for production.
    An update from John Fitzpatrick, courtesy of CamaroScotty...

Scott:

I understand the concern with missing the opportunity to change orders, but rest assured it will be late January to early February before we start requesting orders for production, and even when we start the initial number of orders will be a small amount. For most orders, changes will be accepted well into February or March.
    What to do if you feel you may change your order...

Since the date is not fixed, here is what you do:
    Contact your dealer and say something like, "before you submit my order for production, please call me in case I want to make any final changes.".

------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a question? Know more? Post it in this thread!
Old 08-03-2008, 02:20 PM

thanks for this Jason

RE: pricing
my sept C&D says in the little spec box that base will be $26
maybe a little birdie told them, maybe they're guessing
should it be added to the Production FAQ? i don't know

oh also of note was that they said:
"Will the L99 be the Z28 and the LS3 the SS? We'd bet yes, although no one at Chevy will say yea or nay right now. They also refuse to discuss the rumor of a possible future turbo four. Ditto hybrids."

I think they're wrong about the L99 Z28 and maybe this has been on the forums in the last couple days, and maybe you already know, but I found it interesting.

~chris

Last edited by ccheath; 08-03-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:37 PM

One correction Jason; RS can't be added to LS.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

Good stuff, guys...keep it coming. I will keep adding to it as well.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:43 AM

Whom will get the 1st Camaro off the line? Will it be an SS? Will GM keep it?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by savage99ss
Whom will get the 1st Camaro off the line? Will it be an SS? Will GM keep it?
There's no way to tell, but I would guess that it will go to GM perhaps for their Heritage Museum.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:10 AM

I remember reading that there will be a noticeable difference between the v6 and the v8 models, moreso than with the 4th gens where you were just looking for dual exhaust and emblems. So how can I tell a v6 from a v8 on the road with just a quick glance?
Old 08-07-2008, 02:39 PM

I kind of thought the V8 had larger exaust tips, although that will not be very noticeable, and apart from looking at the badge, or lack thereof, the only other difference I can think of is that the SS will have a faux scoop just above the grille. The last thing I can think of, though it will be difficult to distinguish, is the Brembo brakes on the SS (although I really really really hope they are avaliable on the V6 as an option! - can this maybe be on the faq lol?).

Last edited by kanys; 08-07-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:25 AM

The saleperson reference guide lists the brembos as an option but it does not say available only on SS. However im sure it will be part of an option package and things like premium interior and memory seats and such will be required to get the nice brakes.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by ccheath
thanks for this Jason

RE: pricing
my sept C&D says in the little spec box that base will be $26
maybe a little birdie told them, maybe they're guessing
should it be added to the Production FAQ? i don't know

oh also of note was that they said:
"Will the L99 be the Z28 and the LS3 the SS? We'd bet yes, although no one at Chevy will say yea or nay right now. They also refuse to discuss the rumor of a possible future turbo four. Ditto hybrids."

I think they're wrong about the L99 Z28 and maybe this has been on the forums in the last couple days, and maybe you already know, but I found it interesting.

~chris

The L99 is the AFM version of the LS3. The L99 is the engine you get if you decide to get an SS with Automatic at 400hp where as if you get an SS manual you get the LS3 non AFM at 422 hp. The Z28 will be an upscale engine from the SS both LS3 and L99 SS models, and may be one not seen before. Then again it could be a tweaked LS3 with more power than the SS and renamed.

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 08-24-2008 at 02:07 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:11 PM

What does "first quarter" mean? I think it's deceiving/confusing to most people to mean that it comes out early 2009.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Admin Emeritus

You think it should just say "early 2009"?
Old 09-07-2008, 05:34 PM

ok, I'm an idiot, it's coming out sooner than I thought, I guess. I had it built up in my mind as being so far away. February is not far away. So I guess first quarter is what, a few months after that?
Old 09-13-2008, 11:27 AM

First quarter: 1/1/08 - 3/31/08
Old 09-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

Changed to say early-mid 2009, just to avoid further confusion.

Quick Reply: The 2010 Production Camaro FAQ to answer all questions!