2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest news on convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 12:39 PM

Latest news on convertible?

Greetings all...

Haven't been participating as much here since selling my '02 SS rag-top, more lurking and snooping to be honest.

My wife's birthday is this week and thought seriously about a new SS 6sp they have on the local lot, but really don't need another car note.

My real question is- has there been any real talks or news about the convertible lately? I ask since I would gladly hold out for another rag-top, ESPECIALLY if it was in SOM or Hugger Orange (even better IMHO) with white top, white SS stripes and white leather!

Would be pi$$ed to drop a bucket of money on a nice car, just to have my dream car come out shortly thereafter...

/r

Allen
Old 08-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Looks like you answered your own question here...
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...16#post6450616

And if we always waited for something better to come along, we would never get anything.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Looks like you answered your own question here...
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...16#post6450616

And if we always waited for something better to come along, we would never get anything.
May sound like a suck-up, but I wanted to ask here since the info tends to be more reliable!

Just found the other link and took it with a grain of salt....
Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 PM

The convertible Camaro goes into production Feb 2011 and will hit the show rooms at the end of March 2011 they will be retractable hard tops only.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by ZL 585 HP
The convertible Camaro goes into production Feb 2011 and will hit the show rooms at the end of March 2011 they will be retractable hard tops only.
Are you kidding around here?

Cuz, the tops will NOT be hardtops. They will be cloth tops.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by HuJass
Are you kidding around here?

Cuz, the tops will NOT be hardtops. They will be cloth tops.
Sure is funny you say that, at our meeting in July we went over the production start date and the GM memo stated retractable hard top no cloth, so post where your info came from please. I'll pull the memo and read it again just in case I was asleep and dreaming lol. I'll even write down word for word what it says and post it, I hope your info isn't coming from spy photo's.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Admin Emeritus

Interesting...looks like I will be asking some questions at the Disciple meeting this weekend...
Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 AM

I spoke with the sales manager this morning at my dealership by phone, because he is gone until Monday, he stated to me that there was a soft top also and a retractable hard top but that the memo didn't say if both would come out at the same time, it was his understanding that it would be the hard top first. The date for start-up is still 1st week of Feb. 2011 and at the dealerships last week of 1st quarter 2011. We have meetings every morning at 8:00 AM EST. I'll post as soon as the info hits. One thing for sure is they won't be cheap, customers are already calling saying they will pay $5000.00 over MSRP if it were me I'd wait a few months and pay MSRP but thats just me, some got to be the first on the block with the new toy.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:25 AM

A retractable hardtop version seems like a very odd thing to do.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:56 PM

ZL,
Can you do this?:

Can you get your hands on this memo, scan it in as a PDF, post it to a file hosting website, and then share the link?
I'd like to see the actual memo.

Every picture we have seen so far of the Camaro convertible has been a soft top.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by HuJass
ZL,
Can you do this?:

Can you get your hands on this memo, scan it in as a PDF, post it to a file hosting website, and then share the link?
I'd like to see the actual memo.

Every picture we have seen so far of the Camaro convertible has been a soft top.
I'll try when Mike gets back Monday. O'h and just to let you know I wasn't trying to be a smart *** on the 1st reply to you. This memo is the same that every Chevy dealer got in mid July talking about the Camaro drop top and it's production start dates, it also talked about the Treverse and heated cloth seat and some changes in the truck packages and other things. I also talked to others in the meeting and they said that they interpreted the memo that Mike read the same way I did. If I'm wrong I can take being corrected so if anybody on the board knows a manager or works at a dealership they should have the same memo info.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:42 PM

Any more information or can the "disciples" chime in on this surprising rumored hard top vert?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Admin Emeritus

We did see and drive convertibles, but they were not hard top and no mention of hard top was made the entire weekend by either the Camaro team or the Disciple team.

Without meaning to discredit anyone, I cannot see it being a hard top while still being at a "Camaro price point" along with the team trying to do everything can to keep from adding to overall vehicle weight.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Disciple

Originally Posted by JasonD
...Without meaning to discredit anyone, I cannot see it being a hard top while still being at a "Camaro price point" along with the team trying to do everything can to keep from adding to overall vehicle weight.
...so true.

None-the-less, ... the attention to detail being given to the vert is amazing. Case in point is something that one ofthe engineers pointed out. They didn't like 'something', ...so, ...they redid it (and this was not a minor thing to change). Keep in mind, this is for something they themselves felt could be improved, ...and they went after it.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:12 PM

There was a story on our local news a few days ago that the Camaro soft top is going to be produced here in Bowling Green, KY. They didn't say anything about a hard top.

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/101318839.html

Last edited by 4XLR8N; 08-28-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Latest news on convertible?