2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] To thoes who have seen the interior shots...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 12:44 PM

To thoes who have seen the interior shots...

Ok, Im looking at the interior shot of the car, the one taken of the dash. If you look at the hood...is that...are thoes...hugger orange stripes??
I assume its still safe to talk about the picture, but not show it?? I wonder when the interior shots were drawn up, and when the clay model was done?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:48 PM

Re: To thoes who have seen the interior shots...

hmm interesting observation
Old 12-09-2005, 12:51 PM

I noted the hugger orange stripes in one of my first posts on the pictures.

I actually stated that I liked the way the gauge faces and dash/door panel inserts, and even the stitching on the fabrics were in hugger orange to match the hood stripes.

I think they took some (good) ideas from GTO's current interior, and applied them to this drawings retro-themed interior.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:51 PM

It was indeed. Now.....white w/ red stripes please
Old 12-09-2005, 05:00 PM

That is definitely white w/ Hugger Orange stripes, good eye, I hadn't even noticed that until you mentioned it and I thought I had thoroughly reviewed the pics...Now while we are on the topic of the interior, I like most of it...The seats mainly, but I'm not feeling the dash...too RETRO.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:04 PM

Yeah, its a touch open as well. Its not very driver oriented either. I like the color deal, something that appealed on the GTO and Cobalt SS
Old 12-09-2005, 05:24 PM

Yeah, when you look at the pics the interior looks rather cavernous If they follow the same formula as the did with the 4th gens, they will have a winner...At least as far as I'm concerned. It's tough going from driving my Camaro to driving basically anything else...You don't really realize how driver oriented a 4th gen interior was, (minus the slippery leather seats in my case), until you go and try to drive something else. Then you realize that most cars have pretty bad shifter placement, gauges and controls that are hard to read and reach, a high seating position which makes me feel really uncomfortable, (like my dad's '05 Impreza RS...nice car, but I HATE driving it...you sit up SO high ), absolutely horrendous gas/brake/clutch pedal setup, (Who the hell decides that it's a good idea to make a manual tranny car that is physically impossible to heel-toe in Also, usually to go along with the horrendous pedal placement is the fact that when you attempt to heel-toe your knee hits the steering column). I could go on and on with this...All I know is that when I get in my Camaro it feels so "right" and it's a joy to drive a car that was actually designed to be driven

Last edited by slayerxxx213; 12-09-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:29 PM

I would not classify a 4th gen interior as being ergonomic by and stretch of the imagination. Something GTOish would be great.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:52 PM

Hmmm, well I can't argue. We all have different tastes. When I drove the GTO I thought it was a nice interior but hated certain aspects. The aforementioned problem concerning pedal placement became blatently apparent very quickly. When I pushed in the clutch the left side of my foot always seemed to hit into the dead pedal and that quickly started to irritate the hell out of me...I also felt uncomfortable with how high the seating position was...I hate feeling as if I'm sitting on top of a car, I like sitting in my car thank you very much The shifter postion wasn't horrible but I wasn't crazy about it either, (off topic: Holy crap, that stock shifter is beyond pathetic...I would think GM would be embaressed to put such a piece of junk in the GTO). Also, why is the clutch pedal soooo light? Really, it's just absurd, it isn't a 4 cylinder import, it's a V8 muscle car After driving the GTO, (it was an '05 black 6 speed w/ the ram air hood) the only thing I liked more about it than my car was how fast it was, (it was deceptively fast in fact, like it didn't feel super fast...until I took a glance at the speedo and started laughing histerically...maybe the tires spinning all through 1st and 2nd should have clued me in. I honestly like my car better in every way...Basically, I came away saying to myself, "Man I gotta' get some stuff done to my car...I NEED 400 horse
Old 12-09-2005, 06:03 PM

Yep, I drove a GTO and I was hooked on the feel. I have been driving normal sedans, so the GTO felt lower then what I was used too. I liked the feel of my 2nd gen, and I made a post about it. It felt higher then my third gen or my gf's 4th, but not so high that I feel like im in a sedan.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:56 PM

My only negative opinion of the concept interior is the gauge cluster. I think there's enough 1st-gen on the outside of the car that they can leave it out of the inside. Otherwise, I feel like the interior and dash actually look "roomy" . I'm not saying I don't like the interior of my '02 (I'm quite "at home" in there) but it's rather tight for pretty much everybody except the driver. Getting rid of "the hump" in the floor would have been a nice start?!

One more thing I've noticed about the concept's dash ..... the distance to the windshield is pretty short, so that leads me to believe that they left the engine OUTSIDE of the car in the ENGINE BAY where it belongs!!! No more changing spark plugs underneath the windshield.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:21 PM

They should bring back the hump. That'll definitely scream Camaro on the inside.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:35 PM

bwahahaha...hell yeah.

"In order to save even more money, we kept the machines that punched the floor pans, so that means Cat humps for everyone!!!!"
Old 12-09-2005, 08:48 PM

hahahahahahahaha......the hump!!!!

why not bring back that wonderful cupholder from the 4th gens that just screams "put a can of soda in me and try shifting!!!!!!!!"
Old 12-09-2005, 08:59 PM

Um, I am all for the Cat hump returning...Definite retro coolness Now, on a more serious note...They HAVE to bring back the cupholder that flips out from the bottom of the dash on the passenger side. You guys really have no idea how much I love it. It does a great job securely holding any drink w/o me having to worry about it falling out. Plus, it's completely out of my way, and it doesn't interfere with my driving yet it's easily w/in reach. When you don't need it you just fold it back into the dash...It impresses alot of people when you pull it out too...I've never seen another car with a cupholder quite like it

Quick Reply: [Interior] To thoes who have seen the interior shots...