2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] So... the Interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 04:04 PM

Re: So... the Interior

Originally Posted by RighteousReaper
...because if you're not checking them every couple seconds something disastrous will surely happen. They're still easily viewable.
I dunno about most guys, but when I race the car, I like to keep one eye on the oil pressure guage especially when auto x'n and depending on the type of day drag racing. For normal driving, it'd probably be a non issue, but when throwing the car around turns, its kinda hard to be looking down at my knee to see what the oil pressure is...
Old 01-11-2006, 05:21 PM

Overall I think the interior is looking pretty good so far. Yeah, it's a bit on the retro side, but I think it's a cool throwback to the old school cars.

Plus, you have to admit that the overall quality of the materials look to be much higher than that of the most recent fbods...
Old 01-11-2006, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fenster
I dunno about most guys, but when I race the car, I like to keep one eye on the oil pressure guage especially when auto x'n and depending on the type of day drag racing. For normal driving, it'd probably be a non issue, but when throwing the car around turns, its kinda hard to be looking down at my knee to see what the oil pressure is...
I knew I was missing something that Bob had talked about in the key features... if you look at the panel between the two gauges there's an information display. I'm sure it will serve as a number of "idiot lights" that will draw your attention to the gauges if the need presents itself.

It doesn't take me any longer to look to the right than it would down. When you're looking at the gauges your attention isn't on the road anyway.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:27 PM

As crazy as it sounds, I've actually gotten accustomed to the acre of dashboard on the 4th gens I've owned. It makes it kinda cozy.

But, I alas, I am glad to see that we'll likely be getting a more "normal" dash size wise. As far as the concept's dash goes, I think it looks very interesting from a pure style standpoint, but the ergonomics look to have taken a backseat so to speak. I can already hear that auto rag moans of "the guages on the console are too hard to read when driving!" etc. (not that we really give a damn about what they think). When I first saw the leaked concept interior pics, my first thought was: "I wonder how they'll pull that off on the actual car." I just hope that the gauges they use are easy to read and that the shifter fits right into my hand naturally. Being 6'2, the 4th gen's shifter fits perfectly for the reach of my arm. One of the biggest complaints that I've had against SN95 Mustangs is that I have to reach for the shifter.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:31 PM

One thing that will definately have to change is the center dash where the radio is housed. It doesn't have room for the enormous "Delphi special" that GM loves putting in their vehicles. I would look for a complete redesign of that area.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:40 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about the interior. Obviously for production GM will have to make the dash of cheaper material and then I would expect the guages to move behind the wheel. They also have to put a place for a radio and HVAC controls within easy reach from the driver. The concept interior is more for a styling exercise, just throwing some interesting ideas out. Once they go for production the mandated distances for reaching controls and line of sight angles with have to be obeyed and the dash will get closer to "normal". For those who like the style I bet GM will try to keep it close and for those who don't like it, well how close it is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:31 PM

What the interiour really needs is:

Me setting in the Drivers seat. One hand on the Steering Wheel, the other on the Shifter and my Right Foot Mashing down hard on the Gas.