2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Electronics/Car Audio] OnStar MyLink Mobile App – Additional Information and Answers to FAQ's

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 02:47 PM

Exclamation OnStar MyLink Mobile App – Additional Information and Answers to FAQ's

OnStar MyLink Mobile App Key Benefits

Let’s you take control of your car – and your world.

With a single button it lets you:
  • Start/turn off or lock/unlock your doors from anywhere you have cell phone service (remote features REQUIRE FACTORY INSTALLED OPTIONS – app is not compatible with aftermarket remote start and lock accessories, including dealer installed GM OEM products)
  • Be automatically connected to an Advisor, whether you have a simple request or need emergency assistance

It also gives readouts of your vehicle’s information - including remaining oil life, fuel level and range, tire pressure, miles per gallon and Hands-Free Calling minutes.

Cost

There is no charge for the mobile app; however, vehicle must be associated with an active OnStar subscription in order to connect to OnStar MyLink mobile app.

Vehicle Availability

MOST 2011 model year vehicles. Refer to the attached chart for details.

Mobile Device Compatibility

Android™ 1 device with WVGA or HVGA resolution running Android OS 2.1 or later

Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch2 device with cellular or internet connection

Maximum Number of Connections per VIN/Device

Mobile devices connected to a specific VIN: Five

VINs connected to the same mobile device: Unlimited (note: each VIN requires a separate login ID and password)

OnStar MyLink Registration Process
Refer to attached instructions. Note: Customers should wait 24 hours from the time that their account is activated (dealer completes online enrollment) to setup their mobile app. A batch process transaction is run once-per-day at 1 PM ETZ which allows customers to access their OnStar account on the web.

OnStar MyLink Demonstrations

“Live” - If you have both a vehicle and device that are compatible with the app and the vehicle has an active OnStar account, you can setup and demonstrate OnStar MyLink following the normal process

Video – Visit the onstar.com mobile app page: www.onstar.com/web/portal/mobile
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MyLink.pdf (416.5 KB, 540 views)
Old 12-14-2010, 12:41 AM

Re: OnStar MyLink Mobile App – Additional Information and Answers to FAQ's

Any news on if they've started working on a Windows Mobile Phone 7 version of the software yet?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:49 PM

Re: OnStar MyLink Mobile App – Additional Information and Answers to FAQ's

Just found this on the facebook page for OnStar.
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...29&topic=16743

OnStar
My name is Vijay Iyer and I am in charge of the PR team at OnStar. Thanks for all of the posts on our MyLink phone application.
I%u2019d like to use the opportunity to give you some more insight and help clarify where we stand with the application for model year 2010 vehicles and older.

As indicated in one of our earlier posts, the OnStar hardware used in the past differs from our model year 2011 cars and trucks. There are a number of shared components but they vary depending on make, model and model year.

Our key focus is to deliver the highest level of quality to you, our customers. So we want to make sure that we can offer as many of the services of the application as possible for as many models as possible. So at this point in time we are validating all of our makes and models.

One thing we realized during validation is that we will not be able to offer a highly functional application for vehicles that are older than model year 2010 (so 2009 and older) and we decided not to offer it as we are not happy with the quality level that it would have.

We hope to have the final list for 2010 cars latest by the end March which is the time we need to get the quality and functionality right.

Everyone on our team is working hard on getting this resolved. If you have more questions or comments, please let us know.
Followed by...

Vijay - Thanks for the post. I am only responding on behalf of the 2010 Camaro Community!

Even though you might not be responsible for the decision making, I would like to point out why many of us here (and on many different sites) are upset with GM. Back in 2009, myself and about 70,000 other people bought a brand new 2010 Camaro, a car designed from ground up just to find out that it is using an older generation of the OnStar hardware. In fact I remember that GM was advertising this car as a car with great performance and the latest tech.

Considering that GM was in their darkest hour when the Camaro went on sale, people like myself paid money for a good car, and many analysts say that the Camaro is one reason why GM is currently where it is!

Then we find out a year later that our OnStar hardware used is the older version and we won't be able to get the latest OnStar features. ??? Woudn't this make anyone mad? We cannot just buy a new car every year... I consider the 2010 Camaro owners a very special bunch of people because they really did risk their hard earned money on a company that frankly had a very bleak future.

I hope you can find a way to make this work with the 2010 Camaro owners.
Answered with...

Thanks for your comment. We truly want each of our subscribers to be completely satisfied and we are working hard to validate that all vehicles will meet our quality standard for MyLink. We%u2019ve looked closely at the 2010 Camaro and, unfortunately, we are not likely to be able to support it due to hardware compatibility. But rest assured that we will not stop working to bring you an even richer OnStar experience. -Stacy
I could care less about remote start, since mine is an M6... But if I can have a diagnostic report sent by OnStar every 30 days, warning me my tire pressure is getting low or I'm running out of minutes, and OnStar can open my doors remotely, I find this to be a complete cop out.

Last edited by Rob V; 03-07-2011 at 12:54 PM.