2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] NEWS: Spy Shots: 2009 Chevy Camaro caught - interior too!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK
Do you think that truck driver is looking for a new job right about now?
I would think so.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:31 AM

Is it just an illusion, or is the center of the steering wheel rim not concentric with the center of the steering wheel hub?

Looks like the dash vents can be closed completely (which I LOVE). The more I look at it, the more I think it is going to look pretty damn good in production trim.

The e-brake question does concern me, however...
Old 01-03-2008, 11:33 AM

Wow, here we go... the same type of replies that we got when the 1st prototype came out...

are you the same people that said the concept was horrible until you saw it in person?

this is clearly a unfinished interior that will much better once it is finished and cleaned up and in person and with better photography. Whoever is saying it is horrible you guys need to chill out until you see the finish product.

I like what i see so far.. is different and i like the door panel that is reflective i hope there is a way to order it body color.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:38 AM

its looks like @ss!! No lie.. that is just yuck!
I was sure I was not into the retro body and OMG there is no way I would even consider it now that its interior looks even remotely like that..

We are in 2008.. not 1968.. I dont like to go backwards..

Looks like chevrolet will lose another customer for sure..
Old 01-03-2008, 11:39 AM

I could go either way. I'm happy it's been toned down, but now that I've become a VW/Audi fan, I really like very technical/driver oriented designs. This is certainly different, and I'm not sure how well it's going to be liked by the 20-something/early 30's crowd--but maybe that's not the Camaro's intended market anymore?. It's like a mix of 3rd gen and 1st gen with the shapes and overall wonkiness of the 93-96 Camaro interior.

If there's one thing that hasn't changed--We get another king-size pillow for an airbag cover. It just screams, "HONK ME!!!"
slt

Hmmm. I'll reserve judgement untill I see it less torn up. I'm sure it will look better when all the trim pieces are in there.

I can't tell but I sure hope there is a proper dead pedal down there, thats about the only complaint I have with the interior of my Goat. Also for what it is I like the interior, the wheel looks like it would be comfortable to hang on to if nothing else and the lower gauges are a cool throw back if not particularly useful.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:41 AM

Old 01-03-2008, 11:44 AM

I know this is just a mule but I must say the interior is terrible!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:46 AM

aside from the door panels, it's just disgusting. Specifically, I hate the entire gauge arrangement and the radio is way too big. It doesn't nearly match the beauty of the exterior. I was hoping for a major redesign on the interior and instead the forced a bloated radio into it.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:47 AM

Wow………I am totally blown away. That interior is absolutely terrible!

The interior in the concept cars was horrible. This “productionized” version is even worse! What in H**l is GM thinking? If you look at the feedback from the concept cars, many did not like this interior concept. Based on the feedback I have seen on this web site and others, I would say that the majority did not like it. It is unbelievable to me that GM would ignore this feedback and continue with this interior theme.

The Square tach and speedo with the round face is obviously retro. Unfortunately, it revives a design that was never particularly attractive. The “trying to be retro” face design on the gauges are just plain ugly. The consol gauges: location, style, look, etc. are just plain stupid. This interior looks like a collection of random bits from an old car and a modern car, just thrown together. It doesn’t flow well; it doesn’t integrate well. It looks confused.

I was starting see progress with GM’s interior designs on some of their new offerings. I can not believe that this abomination is coming from the same company that designed the new CTS, G8 or event the new Malibu; And on such an important car too………..Wow!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:52 AM

I really want to resist forming an opinion until I see the final product. But holysh!t, this has got to be the ugliest interior I can ever remember seeing.

This may be a deal killer for me.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:55 AM

Looks like they switch the speedo and tach. I'd rather have the speedometer on the right and tach on the left
Old 01-03-2008, 11:57 AM

One question:
What is that station wagon in camo??

And, wow, they opened the doors and everything....
Methinks some driver got PAID!

I know it's not finished, but some ideas so far:
I see no room for NAV.
That seat looks cheap.
The shifter looks too closer to the radio, and the console gages condensed more. Probably for the bulge in the dash to accomodate the CD/stereo's depth.
And the stereo controls looks like a game console joystick controller.
The air vents have been supersized.
I still can't warm up to the gage faces, maybe it's just me...
Kinda reminds me of a grandfather clock...
I'd almost like to see them start with a clean slate....sorry.

One thing I loved about the Concept, that's changing, it was simple and Clean!

Last edited by 90rocz; 01-09-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:57 AM
slt

Since this is a Holden design, does that mean XM and a Nav system are out like with the G8>

Quick Reply: [Interior] NEWS: Spy Shots: 2009 Chevy Camaro caught - interior too!