2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Interior] New Interior Shots!

Old 01-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

I like it.

Count me in among those who are concerned about the numbering on the speedo/tach. It's not in focus, so I can't be sure, but it looks like a tall, skinny font like the one used on the current Mustang:

Camaro for reference:

Tall and skinny is hard to read at a glance. Speedometers and tachometers should NEVER be hard to read.

Also, numbers every 20mph?

Last edited by JakeRobb; 01-28-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:49 PM

I've always heard that this car should be modern with cues taken heavily from the first gen. I think they hit the right balance on the exterior. And while I can appreciate some of the first gen cues on the interior (dual pods for speedo and tach as well as console gauges) I think the usability has to be modern. I.e., very usable gauge faces and fonts.

Bottom line, take the cues people love of the first gen, but correct the things that weren't so nice. We're not using drum brakes for a reason!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tkc23
ooooo still pretty kinda dark tho
I like a dark interior..

That looks so secksee! I LOVE the steering wheel!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:36 PM

i must say i love the halo effect around the gauges.

I like the toque gauge but im not sure how useful it necessarily is.

but im confused. im guessing this is a v6 c the speedo goes up to 120 and not 160ish like id guess. but 370 ft lbs of torque?

i like the short shifter.

ive been wondering this since the first group of spy shots were released. do the hvac controls move up to hide to screen? the look like they'd fit right around it flush.

and i thought no more camo on the test cars?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I like it.

Count me in among those who are concerned about the numbering on the speedo/tach. It's not in focus, so I can't be sure, but it looks like a tall, skinny font like the one used on the current Mustang:

Camaro for reference:

Tall and skinny is hard to read at a glance. Speedometers and tachometers should NEVER be hard to read.

The font look is 1970s musclecar retro. They were all sold with that stretched font for some reason. I don't have problem with it.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:02 PM

ya but it still looks like it goes to 160 on the camaro which i dont have a problem with as long as the end result is more than 150
Old 01-28-2008, 10:56 PM

I wonder if the numbers are backlit?
Seems the glare from the halo rings is overpowering...
Old 01-28-2008, 11:07 PM

After a week of driving the car you shouldn't need to read the numbers, you should just be glancing at the position of the needle.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by 90rocz
I wonder if the numbers are backlit?
Seems the glare from the halo rings is overpowering...
It's not the production car, but merely a pre-production mule in an unknown state of completion/disrepair.

(In case you hadn't heard)
Old 01-28-2008, 11:37 PM

BD&F, I've been here nearly since the beginning, I heard bro...
Do you know if the numbers are backlit?
(BTW, I like the pre-prod faces better than the Concepts' "Grandfather Clock" font.)

Last edited by 90rocz; 01-28-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:39 PM

If you notice...the Mustang's are the same way....I don't think it'll be that bad, honestly.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by 90rocz
BD&F, I've been here nearly since the beginning, I heard bro...
Do you know if the numbers are backlit?
(BTW, I like the pre-prod faces better than the Concepts' "Grandfather Clock" font.)
Sorry... I was in a cutesy mood last night

I haven't seen anything more than you regarding the interior. I can tell you this though. Something is seriously amiss with the PICTURE-TAKING in those cell-phone spy pix, of the speedo/tach. So while I can sure understand your concern (I felt the same anxiety when I first saw them posted on teh Interwebz)... I think I'm going to stand back and take a deep breath on the matter. They will definitely have to backlight those digits. And IF there is serious 'halo glare' going on in that cluster, that I'm sure will be fixed as well... judging only by all the other new GM interiors I've sat in and operated in recent years. It's kind of a 'faith' thing
Old 01-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dwarf Killer
The font look is 1970s musclecar retro. They were all sold with that stretched font for some reason. I don't have problem with it.
Have you spent an extended amount of time behind the wheel of a car with gauges using that font?

Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro
After a week of driving the car you shouldn't need to read the numbers, you should just be glancing at the position of the needle.
My Grand National has a speedometer that is only marked every 20mph. I hate it. It's difficult to tell the difference between 45 and 55 at a glance, and I'd really rather not get a 10-over speeding ticket because I don't have a well-labeled speedometer.

Originally Posted by Dragoneye
If you notice...the Mustang's are the same way....I don't think it'll be that bad, honestly.
If GM changes to a more appropriate font, I think I could get by with the 20mph increments. If GM changed to 10mph increments, I think I could get by with the skinny font. I really don't want to deal with both.

I'm confident that there will be a HUD with a digital readout, so I will most likely not have any issues with knowing my speed at a glance. Having said that, I firmly believe that every road-going car should have an easy-to-read dial speedometer, and the interior shown doesn't.

I'm sure that a replacement gauge or at least an overlay will be available from the aftermarket, so this isn't a huge problem or a deal breaker for me. I just want my opinion to be known and understood.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:10 AM

i bet the aftermarket will have plenty of of gauge faces to change the font soon after it comes out so i wouldnt worry too much about them
Old 01-29-2008, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by BigDarknFast:
Sorry... I was in a cutesy mood last night

I haven't seen anything more than you regarding the interior. I can tell you this though. Something is seriously amiss with the PICTURE-TAKING in those cell-phone spy pix, of the speedo/tach. So while I can sure understand your concern (I felt the same anxiety when I first saw them posted on teh Interwebz)... I think I'm going to stand back and take a deep breath on the matter. They will definitely have to backlight those digits. And IF there is serious 'halo glare' going on in that cluster, that I'm sure will be fixed as well... judging only by all the other new GM interiors I've sat in and operated in recent years. It's kind of a 'faith' thing
No big...
It's just a concern, after driving Buick Regals with digital dashes, which are hard to see in the day and have to be turned way down at night, glare is a concern...I'm not saying they won't grade their interior on things like this before production, in fact I have faith they will.
Just commenting on the "now"...
I hope it's all backlit too.

You know what would be neat?

If you could set in a particular speed on the speedometer, and have a color change on said number, making it easy to see...and maybe another area light up when your needle hits the target area.
Or something like that...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Interior] New Interior Shots!