2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

[Electronics/Car Audio] Heated and Cooled Seats.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:10 PM

I'd spring for heated/cooled seats.

GM isn't going to give me t-tops so the AC will be on a lot more and it minus well go on my *** too.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by camarolvr69
like the fabric design change they did..93-96 got plain style cloth seats, and 97-02 got some funky weird pattern in seats
i've got a 2000, and i really like the pattern on the cloth interior.. i think it's pretty tasteful and far from funky..

Originally Posted by OctaneZ28
I could see it as an option, but not standard.
definitely agreed.. i think this would be a pretty popular option actually...

Originally Posted by Bayer-Z28
Although the Camaro isn't really a cold climate type vehicle to require heated seats... But October to November w/ no snow can get kind of chilly here...
there are plenty of people that use Camaros as daily drivers in cooler climates.. i see a ton of them driving through the snow in the winter here in Chicago, and mine is one of them.. heated seats should definitely be an option
Old 08-08-2007, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2000GTP
Heated seats I could understand. Cooled seats though... not so much.
Get in your car after its been parked in the South Florida sun all day while youve been at work.

Its pretty much like enveloping your body with fire. Worse if you have a leather interior.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by MissedShift
Get in your car after its been parked in the South Florida sun all day while youve been at work.

Its pretty much like enveloping your body with fire. Worse if you have a leather interior.
This is true ^. In Virginia it does the same thing.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:29 PM

no, it would only increase the price (R&D costs divided among ALL units), weight and complexity.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Interceptor1
no, it would only increase the price (R&D costs divided among ALL units), weight and complexity.
Yup.

If you want a Cadillac, but a Caddilac.

Methinks people are hoping for a champaign sports car, on a beer budget.

I'll take a solid, well priced sports car with a strong and durable drivetrain and non-clanky doors.. less squeaks and overall solid construction.

What people like all of you will give us, is a 35K hunk of garbage. Slap on a bunch of gimmicks, and keep the price competitive and drop the quality of everything even more than the cheap sports car that its supposed to be would've been otherwise.

Vettes are available, so are Buicks and Cadillacs. No one wants to actually pay for those to get a well built car with those options.

I want a STRIPPED DOWN Corvette. Not a ****ty, clunky corvette for 15K less.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:34 PM

i have heated seats in my blazer and i use them all the time. since my ac is broken cooled seats would be real nice to have, but if i can only have heat i'll take that. if there is no option for heated or cooled i would buy an after market kit to install it.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:11 PM

Mustangs caught a lot of flak over not having heated seats....and they are now available as an option. Do you think GM is NOT going to match the competition on this option? I doubt it very much....

But I would also like to see cooled seats as an option....it gets awful sweaty to have your butt wrapped in foam rubber 3 inches thick. In the "old" days we did'nt have that much insulation under the fabric and your butt did'nt get as hot as in todays cars.

I'd like to see GM be innovative with these cars, and make a model for every taste. Have models for every taste with option packages....luxury, performance and daily drivers. Thats how a manufacturer can reach their goal of selling large numbers of a vehicle and make a profit on it.......
Old 09-17-2007, 01:21 AM

why you guys hate on the heated seats. arguing buy a luxo car? Within the next few years, heated seats will be standard on most cars as its not exclusive to the luxo market anymore. They are easy and cheap to add to a car.

I added heaters to my TA seats that I had custom made for my car. And i love them. Put them on LOW and even on a normal temp day ~78* it is soothing, and can make idiot drivers not tick me off so much.

Also, people saying its stupid for cooled (AC. not vent air) seats, come to CA in the middle of the summer. Air Conditioned seats FTW!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
why you guys hate on the heated seats. arguing buy a luxo car? Within the next few years, heated seats will be standard on most cars as its not exclusive to the luxo market anymore. They are easy and cheap to add to a car.

I added heaters to my TA seats that I had custom made for my car. And i love them. Put them on LOW and even on a normal temp day ~78* it is soothing, and can make idiot drivers not tick me off so much.

Also, people saying its stupid for cooled (AC. not vent air) seats, come to CA in the middle of the summer. Air Conditioned seats FTW!!!!!!!!

IMO any car with leather seating should have heated/cooled seats standard. They're freezing in winter and scorching in summer.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:04 AM

no thanks...
Old 01-14-2008, 04:28 PM

I need cooling seats more than I need a/c due to my swamp *** issues. I could go easily without heated seats.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:17 PM

Ahhh, just give me some aluminum buckets and 5 points...

I don't know...I think I'll leave the leather and heated/cooled seats to my Buick.
I do hope for a nice breathable material, the "feels" as good as it looks..
(With some color for crying out loud....)
Old 01-15-2008, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
um im not arguing with the heated/cooled seats i agree with you on that but...... using that part of cali wont make your case.come to Dallas in the summer.i will trade you Hayward for Dallas ANY day well.....maybe not Hayward

i would definately buy them if it was an option

Last edited by nexus6; 01-15-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:36 AM

Wasted Money, not to mention, if the seats look anything like the flat *** ones that are in the lates spy pics, I will rip them out and put in some Corbeau's or Sparco's anyway.

Quick Reply: [Electronics/Car Audio] Heated and Cooled Seats.