2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

Going Back to Get a New Look

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:49 PM

Going Back to Get a New Look

We wanted to give our Camaro a new look and went back to the future. The GM Heritage Grille and Nickey Chicago Stinger Hood do just that. I turned my car over to Witt Buick / Pedders in Muskegon Michigan for the update. Step one was fitting the hood for the first time. I helped with this and it went really well. The hood arrived from Nickey well crated with all the hardware. It took us longer to un-crate it than it did to fit it. Out of the box it looked good.

If you know me, the hood had to be modified. The Nickey Chicago hood scoop is fully functional and dumps air into the OEM air box. I don't have an air box. I have a ProCharger and wanted the dump to be into the ProCharger air filter. We had to glass over the existing dump and grind open the rear of the duct. The result is the air dumps exactly where it will do us the most good.

Anything we do always seem to grow in scope. This was no different. All we were doing is a hood and grille swap, right?

Old 03-05-2010, 10:51 PM

To go with Nickey Chicago Stinger Hood we selected the GM heritage Grille. Keeping the theme of Pedders Red and Black we painted the grille -- GASP -- RED with the slats in BLACK.

The grille was ready, but we did notice a couple of stone chips in the fascia so as long as we had it off, why not touch them up, right?

[

With the fascia looking fresh we installed the Heritage Grille.

With the grille and fascia back on the car we set the hood in place so we could lay down the black stripe.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:52 PM

Our Camaro looked good when we started.

We like the new back to the future look.

There is more under the car, but for now I leave you with a couple of wheel detail shots.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:07 PM

Looks great!

mike
dms
Old 03-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Admin Emeritus

Those brakes....they look interesting...

Old 03-06-2010, 07:28 AM

The car looks great! What's up with the Brakes?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:53 AM

Pete,
I love the Heritage Grill, but the XL-5 scoop - not so much. I can't tell if my opinion is based on the shape of the scoop or the way it's accented. To my eyes, it's just not right. Of course, if we all had the same taste, we'd all be driving Camrys (LOL).

Now...what's up with the brakes??
Old 03-06-2010, 10:27 AM

I'll get a detailed thread up on the brake today or tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by mudbone
Pete,
I love the Heritage Grill, but the XL-5 scoop - not so much. I can't tell if my opinion is based on the shape of the scoop or the way it's accented. To my eyes, it's just not right. Of course, if we all had the same taste, we'd all be driving Camrys (LOL).

Now...what's up with the brakes??
I think it is the grille loop. While I like the look, we probably should have painted the Heritage grille loop black to match the lower grille. What do you think?
Old 03-07-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Justice Pete
I think it is the grille loop. While I like the look, we probably should have painted the Heritage grille loop black to match the lower grille. What do you think?
Maybe. I am no good at Photoshop. Maybe some of the PS gurus here will give it a shot. Truthfully, I think that painting the pointed portion of the scoop black might be the way to go. Of course, too much black would not be good either.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:48 AM

brakes
hood
Old 04-16-2010, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Justice Pete
Our Camaro looked good when we started.

We like the new back to the future look.

There is more under the car, but for now I leave you with a couple of wheel detail shots.

At first i thought the bonnet was gunna be white that would look horrible but i love it in black it looks really good. Well done.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:50 PM

Well... we decided we can do better so we have a Nickey Stinger II hood coming and a few other goodies.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:05 PM

wow that looks bad! completely awesome
Old 05-26-2010, 11:56 AM

I think it would look better if the red part of the heritage grille were painted gloss black to match the surrounding area. The black region on the bottom of the nose is pretty good, but the black "slashes" on the nose that are higher than the foglights don't work for me. It makes it look too busy.

Quick Reply: Going Back to Get a New Look