2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro discussion for body kits, paint and stripe care, seats, dash, gauges, car audio, etc.

Camaro Reverse Mohawk Sunroof?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:51 AM

Question Camaro Reverse Mohawk Sunroof?!

I apology if this has been asked somewhere else.

OK, with the silver SS Camaro pics we got yesterday we noticed it has a sunroof but lacks the reverse mohawk roof the hardtop will have. I really like the reverse mohawk feature of the camaro so will get the hardtop in order to get it, but I also want a sunroof. My question to you guys is: Do you know if there will be an aftermarket option or do you know if it would be possible to put a mohawk shaped sunroof on a hardtop in order to get the best of both worlds? IF so where would this be done o how. Thanks,
Old 06-22-2008, 06:48 PM
West South Central Moderator

I have a feeling that eventually we'll see an interchangable roof system sorta similar to the corvette, but with the sides staying on the body for strength. Think of T-tops, but instead of the bar runnign down the middle, it will go on both sides.

At the very least we should be seeing an all glass roof like the Mustang is getting.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by ELMATONSS
I apology if this has been asked somewhere else.

OK, with the silver SS Camaro pics we got yesterday we noticed it has a sunroof but lacks the reverse mohawk roof the hardtop will have. I really like the reverse mohawk feature of the camaro so will get the hardtop in order to get it, but I also want a sunroof. My question to you guys is: Do you know if there will be an aftermarket option or do you know if it would be possible to put a mohawk shaped sunroof on a hardtop in order to get the best of both worlds? IF so where would this be done o how. Thanks,
i doubt they make the roof line, even on the hardtops... im sure its in no way cost effective...
Old 06-23-2008, 01:51 AM
West South Central Moderator

look at the corvette roof
Old 06-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Disciple

I agree, I love the look of the reverse mohawk in the roof.
...but seeing the car in person (Camaro Summit), ...the car(s) with the sunroof really looked fine without the mohawk.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by VladimirSteel
i doubt they make the roof line, even on the hardtops... im sure its in no way cost effective...
Why would you say that when every photo of a preproduction coupe without a sunroof has included the "reverse mohawk"?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by KevinK
I agree, I love the look of the reverse mohawk in the roof.
...but seeing the car in person (Camaro Summit), ...the car(s) with the sunroof really looked fine without the mohawk.
ummm...i guesss I am going to have to wait and see, but your words are definetely encuraging since you have seen the final product. The only thing is the hardtop roof is soooo attractive and gives the car so much personality that i just have to get it...but still want some roof option, i was hoping they would have some targa option like AdioSS mentioned but who knows (high cost maybe)...well maybe in order to make it unique and put my personal touch on it i will put in a mohawk sunroof hope manufacturers get working on this soon. Thanks for your input guys.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:35 PM

I've never heard it referred to as a "reverse mohawk". I've always heard it called a "double-bubble" roof.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by skorpion317
I've never heard it referred to as a "reverse mohawk". I've always heard it called a "double-bubble" roof.
I've never heard "double-bubble". Since the first concept was shown, I've only heard Scott call it a "reverse mohawk".
Old 07-07-2008, 02:14 AM

all the other cars with them have always mentioned them as a double bubble, such as the corvette and viper.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:29 AM

Right, thats cause Vipper and Vette both have bubble shapped roofs, while Camaro has a more squared off section.

Reverse MoHawk or double bubble, its the same thing.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:35 AM

I'm still waiting to see some joker photochop the silver ss to give it a real mohawk in the middle of the "reverse mohawk." :P I call it a double bubble too and I like it. I've had a hard-top camaro, t-top camaro and convertible. I'll never get another leaky t-top car and a sunroof does nothing for me.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 PM

I went to the dealership today and looked at both a sunroof and none sunroof to try and see the difference between the reverse mohawk and the sunroof camaro's and well I still don't get it?

I've looked all over the internet and my father just recently ordered a camaro and said the same thing...the reverse mohawk look is best...

WHAT THE HELL IS IT?

Is it merely the creases that are in the hardtop (none-sunroof) version, or in other words the center section which is at a different level than the other two areas which is mostly GONE in the sunroof version? I looked at the roofline for the side with my eye at roof level and they look EXACTLY the same...is the reverse mohawk only seen from above the roof perspectives?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Admin Emeritus

See the center "channel" in the roof? That is gone with the factory sunroof.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD

See the center "channel" in the roof? That is gone with the factory sunroof.
wow...been a long time since i posted here, and this was my thread has was my last post....really cool, the car Jason posted is the one I have in my garage right now LOVE IT!!!!! scrathed the rear bumper the other night though....F!

Quick Reply: Camaro Reverse Mohawk Sunroof?!