CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   2010 - 2015 Camaro Interior, Exterior, Paint & Body, Electronics/Car Audio (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-interior-exterior-paint-body-electronics-car-audio-114/)
-   -   5th gen. newbie needs headlight help (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/2010-2015-camaro-interior-exterior-paint-body-electronics-car-audio-114/5th-gen-newbie-needs-headlight-help-886575/)

wideglide2011 04-24-2018 09:50 AM

5th gen. newbie needs headlight help

2010 Camaro ss restoration of wrecked car. my problem is the headlight harness plug is a four socket female and my headlight is a 3 prong male[h13].what gives?? I've done some research and i'm still stumped. any help would be greatly welcomed. thanks

peterpar 04-25-2018 07:54 PM

Re: 5th gen. newbie needs headlight help

Were both sides damaged in the accident? If not, I would compare the new parts to the originals. I don't know enough about the 5th generation to know if the halo headlights were standard, but if they weren't, that may explain the four prong or three prong differences. I could see the four prong for the halos and a three prong for a standard lamp. Possible you may just have the wrong lamp.

Injuneer 04-25-2018 08:23 PM

The base model had halogen headlamps, and the replacement number is in the Owner's Manual. The manual indicates “The up-level model vehicle has a HID headlamp......". Does not list a replacement lamp for the HID, And indicates for replacement bulbs not shown, contact your dealer.

Might explain the difference.

wideglide2011 04-25-2018 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by peterpar (Post 6997814)
Were both sides damaged in the accident? If not, I would compare the new parts to the originals. I don't know enough about the 5th generation to know if the halo headlights were standard, but if they weren't, that may explain the four prong or three prong differences. I could see the four prong for the halos and a three prong for a standard lamp. Possible you may just have the wrong lamp.

both sides were damaged. It appears 4 prong is hid and 3 prong is halogen.

wideglide2011 04-25-2018 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer (Post 6997816)
The base model had halogen headlamps, and the replacement number is in the Owner's Manual. The manual indicates “The up-level model vehicle has a HID headlamp......". Does not list a replacement lamp for the HID, And indicates for replacement bulbs not shown, contact your dealer.

Might explain the difference.

yeah my car is a 2ss.which I think means hid. But previous owner installed replacement front clip that is halogen.i now question whether I can simply change wiring harness over to halogen style???? Anyone with experience please speak up. Thanks for all of the help guys....