Wheels and Tires For all wheel and tire and related discussion - Sponsored by Nitto Tire

Torque Thrust II wheel breakage

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 12:33 AM

Torque Thrust II wheel breakage

Has anyone seen a torque thrust 2 wheel break at the hub around the lug nuts. I was just involved in a accident that was trying to avoid a racoon in the road. I made a hard left swerve as I tried to avoid the varmet. The car got loose and tried to correct right then it spun around 180 into a ditch pointing the other direction. The driver touque thrust is broke bad and was not on the side that hard in the ditch. The driver side of the car is undamaged except for the wheel. I am considering if the wheel broke either on the initial hard left or the right attempting to recover. The speed of the car was determined by the reporting officer to be 63 MPH. Which I feel was a high estimate but posible because I am certain that I accerated in the attempt to out run the sucidal racoon to the middle of the road. 50 was the rate of speed I usually drive on this stretch of road daily.

I find it hard to understand how the driver wheel was damaged, and how I could have not been able to correct the swerve without accident even at 63.

And I did not avoid the racoon it was sucessful with the sucide.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Re: Torque Thrust II wheel breakage

Front or rear driver's side wheel?
Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 AM

Re: Torque Thrust II wheel breakage

Lug nuts loose? Maybe the wheel was rocking back and forth because of the high-g maneuvers?