Wheels and Tires For all wheel and tire and related discussion - Sponsored by Nitto Tire

corvette tires on my camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:18 PM

corvette tires on my camaro

I have a 95 camaro and i bought 19 inch tires for the rear and they are 12 inches wide they clear everything except for when the car hits a mean bump and the suspension drops it rubs on the wheel well... Is there anywhere where I can buy stock ride height springs for the 1995 camaro? or can I buy another cars springs and cut them to make it more stiff?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:19 PM

Re: corvette tires on my camaro

Put some air bags in them.(inside the coil springs that is)
They help out alot.)

Last edited by DirtyredT/A; 01-26-2013 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Not enoigh info
Old 01-26-2013, 05:33 AM

Have the fender lips rolled first.

A picture or 2 would helpbusbsee how much clearance i need.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
LTXtech.com
Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Administrator

What is the width of the 19" wheels? What is the offset? That will determine where the wheel/tire sits in the wheel well. Too much offset/backspace and the inner edge of the tire will rub on the inner fender liner, and the wheel lip may catch on the bump stock bracket. Too little offset and the wheel/tire moves outwards, causing interference with the fender lip. Where are your tires rubbing - inner fender liner (inside edge of tire) or the fender lip (outside edge of the tire)?

12" wide tire can be a problem, and may require hammering the inner fender liner, cutting the bump stop bracket projecting edge, rolling the fender lip, or recentering the body over the rear axle with an adjustable panhard rod. If your car is lowered, and you don't have an adjustable panhard rod, you may already have the body off center and contributing to the problem. Does it rub in the same location on both sides of the car? Check the clearance between a fixed part of the body (e.g. - subframe rail) and the edge of the tire, and see if the space is the same on both sides of the car.

I have 315's (12.4") in the back, and after making the adjustments mentioned above, they don't rub on anything.

Last edited by Injuneer; 01-26-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by DirtyredT/A
ok a little off the intended topic but kinda close.
I'm running a 12 bolt in my 94 T/A and when did the set up I had the rear end narrowed 3''.
1 1/2'' at the ends. Now i want to go from drag racer back to street king. Being narrowed I can add 1 1/2 spacers to come out to original length. the axels are moser and have 3' long studs. But being 600 hp and wanting to slam the streets again with all handling features restored are the spacers going to lead to a prone area of shooting the rear wheels right off the car? That is a fear I'm concerned of. The place that built the rear end won't retube the housing and I do not have cash to buy new one so I need to use what i have. Probably looking at custom rims to be built for rear.$$$$ either way i guess.
Not close at all. You really need to post this as a new thread. It's not good to hijack another person's thread. Causes confusion and may prevent him from getting the info he needs.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:49 PM

Ya. So i hikacked someone. Not to cool. Sorry.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by DirtyredT/A
Ya. So i hikacked someone. Not to cool. Sorry.
I copied your post to a new thread, and offered some advice.