West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

street racer killed in San Antonio, today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 09:17 PM

Post street racer killed in San Antonio, today.

I was just watching the news tonight and I saw a glimpse of my old 69 Mustang completely totaled.
It appears that he was racing another vechile that left the scene and never stopped. He was killed today from street racing.
I still remember 2 months ago when he bought the car. He had just recieved his tax return mony and had $5000 to buy a car with. I ran an ad and the first day he came out with his friends. They were all checking out the car, telling their friend that he had to buy it. The car was pushing 450 horses to the rear wheels. He was saying how now he can be like the" Fast and the Furuios" and be a street racer. I said I sure hope you go to the track and race.
2 months later the next time I hear about him he was killed street racing.
When are the people going to learn! It costs $15 to go the track and race all night. YOu cab race as many times as you can and have great fun and never get a ticket, or do something stupid like street racing.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:13 AM

Thumbs down

Yeah I have to agree with you. I learned my lesson earlier this week. With the stupid $hit I did I’m lucky to be alive. I plan to be a lot more careful on who I mess with and where. I also plan to do most of my racing at the track. This was a rush when It happened but now that I think about it, its just not cool. I’m lucky my friend or I didn’t get shot or something.
....BTW I suck at telling stories, I was in a lot of $hit at the time this happened so my memory of details is not all there. But whatever, here’s my story.......

http://web.camaross.com/bb/Forum7/HTML/002173.html

------------------
Stefan

1995 3.4L Camaro, Mystic Metallic Green, M5, 3.23’s, T-tops, every option except the V8

Ignore the future mods on my site, my plans have changed.
See my car here:
http://members.tripod.com/stars101010/

Best time: 10.7 @ 63mph in the 1/8 mile

[This message has been edited by stars1010 (edited June 06, 2002).]
Old 06-06-2002, 12:54 PM

i am sorry, but i have no feelings for stupid kids that die street racing. i do feel for the innocent that die because of those kids' asinine behavior. now i know the diffefernce between street racing and being stupid. i would think you all agree that this kid was just being stupid. to tell the truth, i am glad he is off the streets. one less person i have to worry about taking the life of my wife or my kids. sorry to be so harsh, but that is just the way life has become.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:56 AM

Yeah, obviously he didn't have any idea how to handle that kind of power. "Now you can be like the fast and the furious?" I wouldn't have even sold him my car. The reason is because I wouldn't want to see something that valuable and powerful destroyed. People have to realize that if you street race, you've got to make it as close to the track conditions as possible. Do it in a secluded area with no traffic, like a turnaround. More specifically, like the turnaround on 35 and Nacogdoches. After 2 years of street racing, NOT ONE person died. Not One person WRECKED. The reason is simple, it was one big straightaway, no traffic (because it was a turnaround) and a smooth road, not a crowded intersection iwth potholes and rush hour trafiic. If you're gonna do it, do it responsibly, there's a place and a time. Two years of HS kids racing and still no wrecks? I say "organized" street racing has a flawless record. Opportunity races kill people.