Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Regional Camaro and Firebird Enthusiast Forums > West South Central
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #1

need an LT1 rebuilt and some other stuff in North Dallas

Can anybody with '93-'97 Camaros/Firebirds help me out? I have a '95 Camaro Z28 and it needs to have the head gaskets and some other things replaced. I am having a lot of difficulty finding a reputable, clean shop in the North Dallas/Plano/Richardson/Carrollton area that actually still works on LT1s. I don't want to take it somewhere where it's the mechanic's first time taking apart an LT1. The car is currently hydrolocked with coolant in a cylinder possibly and the starter or flywheel broke when I tried to start the car, so I need some place I can flatbed tow the car to. Do any of you guys know of a place? I've had this car for 18 years, ever since my parents bought it in 1995. I want the engine rebuilt/refreshed, not replaced/swapped. If you'd prefer to email me, please email brandon@brangeta.com, thanks! You can also PM me if this forum has a rule about not posting links to non-sponsors. I'm okay with shops in other farther away places as long as they are legit businesses with insurance, business names, who stand behind and warranty their work.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!

Last edited by Brangeta; 08-03-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Brangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #2

Re: need an LT1 rebuilt and some other stuff in North Dallas

Nobody? lol
Brangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #3

Wayne Calvert in Denton for a rebuild or ANS in Keller area for tweaking and tuning. These two have proven to me first hand they know their ****. Enjoy!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #4

Are you wanting someone to pull it and reinstall or do you just want someone for engine work? Engine work only I've gotten 4 motors done at a local place in Flower Mound.

Wayne is good people too.
ulakovic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
Premium Member

I take all of my cars to True Street Motorsports in McKinney. They built my Z06, and the Hawk...
1993 Camaro Z28 Indy Pace Car (Hard Top)New addition.

Bone stock and will probably stay that way.
IPACEU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #6

I think True Street Performance was a very nice place and good people there, our Buick club hosted a dyne day there and I was very impressed with the shop, haven't had any work done there though, but when my V10 truck needs something I would take it there, they had a Viper build in progress when I was there.
ANS in Keller still around and is Scott still there in some capacity?? I know he sold it some 5-6 years ago but continued to manage it.
Only other LT1 person, that I would highly recommend is JL Enterprises out of Royse City, Jack has a very clean shop and used to have a very nice street/strip LT1 Camaro, has done a lot of work for me on various cars.
05 SRT10 Supercharged Viper truck 569 rwhp
2QUIK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:06 PM

Reply Post New Thread