West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

BCS Street cars Vid

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 09:46 PM

Originally posted by aggiez28
rick that car was not on stock suspension, it was using the stock style suspension configuration

ie.: using a torque arm and such insted of like a 4 link

brook
that's all based off of speculation from nonbelievers....on ls1tech.com, he has stated and many other VERY credible sources have also said it's a stock suspension...seriously...its Wade from ARE...why would he lie to only be discovered and make ARE look bad??? ...he doesn't work for LG.... OH! he he he
Rick
Old 10-07-2002, 09:58 PM

Question

Whats the point anyways...still unclear on why you wanna "clear this up" for me since I never asked you too.... just wondering???
Rick
Old 10-07-2002, 10:09 PM

Originally posted by aggiez28
mike thats the song i was talkin about.

fits hree perfectly except its not south texas lol

and im damn glad were not in south texas, i hate the rgv

brook
Well, im sure someone can edit out "South" and put in "Central".

HEHE

Mike
Old 10-07-2002, 11:06 PM

Lightbulb

ok brook,
I see your point and know what you mean with George Baxter's car...I just don't think it's the same idea with Wade's car....
I honestly won't believe it until Wade comes out and says it himself..or anyone from ARE for that matter...he isnt trying to be a bad a$$ with stock suspension...just trying to run 8's...regardless of how he did it, he is a bad ****...just that I believe in his case stock suspension is exactly what it says....
notice they said first 4th gen...not ls1...so you should be happy since this is a great accomplishment for our carsregardless of engine type!
Rick
I have heard of mustangs run 8's with a STOCK SUSPENSION...why can't F-bods do the same? Not trying to be an f-bod worshiper, just think it is actually a feasible thing to do...

Last edited by PhatT/A; 10-07-2002 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:15 PM

The car is stock suspension and mounting points narrowed rear end and no tub. Shocks are HAL, 9" rear ens and it has a BMR Torque arm
The car competes in "True Street" and has stock style suspension, full carpet, full cage, ALL interior panels in the car minus the hatch flip over cover (that is where the nitrous is mounted).
The suspension has all factory brackets, and uses all BMR bolt-on pieces,in stock locations, just moved in slightly to accomadate the tire so we could lower the car to look nice.

gonna have to agree with brook on this one(i am very sorry to admit this)

justin
Old 10-07-2002, 11:53 PM

Well I can play devils advocate???
people said 127mphNA H/C LS1...NO WAY..oh wait it does exist..terry burger....
People said...10.6NA in a H/C LS1..no way..bottle baby...oh wait...his name is John campbell up at H-town...
I am a true believer in impossibilities always being a possibility...
Guys always gotta kill all the fun!...the ones that think its always possible, fight to go faster and stay ahead of the competition...
A few mustang guys run 8's with a stock suspension...all they have to add is an anti roll bar...now yes they are more like a four link set up unlike our tq arm based suspension...but technically you can tune a stock suspension to do "diff things" just like you can tune three exactly built motors to run three diff times...
its all in the setup and tuning
maybe Wades wasn't a true stock form suspension setup but I still say it is possible to do with the right "tinkering"...
Rick

Last edited by PhatT/A; 10-07-2002 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:55 AM

When they say "'stock suspension", they are not actually saying that. They are saying "stock suspended". Meaning that they have a torque arm, control arms, panhard rod, etc... Not a 4-link or liftbars or a tub or anything of that nature.

For a long time, Sled (aka Dave Deluca) had the fastest "stock suspended" lt1 powered fbody. He ran low 9's and then rebuit his motor, converted to carburator and was looking for mid 8's. He ended up selling it (or having it forsale) for about $35,000.

Scott
Old 10-08-2002, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by solid95z
When they say "'stock suspension", they are not actually saying that. They are saying "stock suspended". Meaning that they have a torque arm, control arms, panhard rod, etc... Not a 4-link or liftbars or a tub or anything of that nature.

For a long time, Sled (aka Dave Deluca) had the fastest "stock suspended" lt1 powered fbody. He ran low 9's and then rebuit his motor, converted to carburator and was looking for mid 8's. He ended up selling it (or having it forsale) for about $35,000.

Scott
I stand corrected ...but I also still think its possible....what do you think Scott?
Rick
Old 10-08-2002, 08:52 PM

Not to say it can not be done, look at Mike Grahm's car. He did not have a cage in his car, he launched with the driver tire about 4 ft off the ground and the pass tire about 1 1/2 ft off the ground and still ran mid 10's with a cam only motor and a BIG shot.

Scott
Old 10-08-2002, 09:05 PM

Cool

O.K. , at least let me put on a set of traction bars in order to eliminate the chance of wheel hop !!! 4th Gen's have a torque arm that is the equivilent of traction bars. Pre 4th gen cars have a problem with spring wrap , which can cause wheel hop , and that can break things !!! Sub frame connectors aren't all that important , but traction bars are a MUST !!!!! I sold my 67 Camaro and I now have some extra money , I really would like to paint the car , but performance comes FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!! Ed
Old 10-08-2002, 09:22 PM

yea whatever Ed, you're still the slowest car out on Wed.... LOL jk....so when we gonna race man? Lets try to do it this friday ...should be fun!
Rick
ps. my rear end is being a little $hit right now...its leaking diff fluid so lets do it before it runs dry again lol...fixin to order a kit from Moser so hopefully by Monday the problem should be no more...
Old 10-09-2002, 12:09 AM

if your gonna run ed on friday why not just drive down and dyno your car on sat???

justin
Old 10-09-2002, 10:49 AM

Good point Justin.

I just installed my LT4 KM. It took all of 7 minutes! I am just resetting the comp now before I take it out, and see how much false knock I was getting. I guarantee that it was a LOT!

Let's get back to the main topic though. anyone else have any good input on THE VIDEO? Let us know.

Aaron
Old 10-09-2002, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by 59apache
if your gonna run ed on friday why not just drive down and dyno your car on sat???

justin
Cause to race Ed, all I have to do is drive down 10 minutes to where he lives and run him and then park it...to dyno I would have to drive her to Houston....alot more can happen to my rear on a drive to Houston...not worth the risk just to dyno a car, when I can go do that later...trust me I took her to get fixed last week so I could have her ready to be dynoed...the guy that sold it to me forgot to mention a few things I guess...we will definately be having a talk when he gets back...this is total bs!
Rick
Old 10-09-2002, 06:58 PM

Hey guys just wanna remind yall if it is dry enough we will be taping tonight...so let us know if you wanna get in on it.
later,
Rick

Quick Reply: BCS Street cars Vid