Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 06:28 PM

Re: Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor

^ bump.

--------
edit: can i get a sticky?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:04 AM

Thumbs down Re: Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor

Dude, i'm not really down with the v6 camaro, one of my buddies had a 94 and he put custom exhausts on it. it sounded so funny that all of my friends and I made fun of him until he sold it. It sounded like a pissed off weed whacker. those "lochness" stories are probably fictional by all means. You should just save some cheese and advance to a more finer motor with a couple more cylinders, so you can experience a real ride. but no offense man, v6 camaros are just not cool.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by myfirst99Z28
Dude, i'm not really down with the v6 camaro, one of my buddies had a 94 and he put custom exhausts on it. it sounded so funny that all of my friends and I made fun of him until he sold it. It sounded like a pissed off weed whacker. those "lochness" stories are probably fictional by all means. You should just save some cheese and advance to a more finer motor with a couple more cylinders, so you can experience a real ride. but no offense man, v6 camaros are just not cool.
"custom exhausts" and "a more finer motor", and you made fun of your friend, good for you, but you arent welcome in this thread

if you dont like the V6 cars you can leave the V6 tech section, its as easy as that...
Old 10-20-2005, 04:13 PM

this is all i have to say. where else can you find a 3.4L V6 that sounds like this?

http://camaro.adwire.com/cardyno.avi.

and of course i know you'll come back telling me that my car sounds like rice. so what? it'll kick your cars ***. if you dont like the v6 fine. just dont try to convert me - converters will get the ******* treatment. cause i dont appreciate it. i dont try to tell all you 3.8/lt1/ls1 owners to ditch your car and buy a 3.4 -- dont try to tell me what to do.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:02 PM

Not everyone can afford a V8 just like that you ignorant bastard. Why are you even reading the v6 section?

Oh and mine sounds pretty good with just a muffler. Dumbass.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:10 PM

I own a V8 and a V6 and I can tell you they are both FBodies and handle very well and both are fun to drive,I love both of them

Not everyone can afford an LS1 or to mod an LS1.

A 160HP 3.4L is still pretty impressive considering a 3rd gen LG4 305 V8 made 160HP

The V6 has better gas mileage and more potential than the 305.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:28 PM

I'm seriously considering this in the not too distant future. Especially since it cost only $2k...lol yea, "only". But I'm not that experienced with engines. I have 6-8 hours behind the wrench at most. My dad is a little more experienced, he's done plenty to an old Mustang and swapped engines from his Ranchero, but even he can only do so much.

Can this be done just by using the information in this thread and a 3.4L rebuild kit from Chevrolet as guides as far as what parts to get?

How much would it cost at a dyno/speed shop, minus the parts? I've tried to map this out, but I'm a little out of my league. Maybe if I did go to a speed shop I could have them help me rebuild the engine with better parts like you did.

Last edited by MarcR94v6; 10-29-2005 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:42 AM

ttt -- can i get a sticky?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:50 AM

I would have to agree on the sticky. I just got the Rebuild info from Chevrolet in the mail, woohoo!
Old 11-09-2005, 12:29 PM

woot! dude you should SO come up here for our saturday meeting. come check out the 3.4 in person (i live in Torrance, CA. north of you by 2 hours..thats where our meetings are.) you can come crash at my place, ive got a spare couch :-p and then drive back sunday or somethin!

come check out WCFB
Old 11-12-2005, 05:24 PM

Great writeup 94Camaro. This is my first post here. I came here looking for info on the 3.4L and man have you been alot of help. I currently have a carb'd 2.8L in my 85 Jeep Cherokee. From what you've written and info I've found elsewhere this is what I propose to do:
Find a RWD 3.4L from a 93-95 camaro/firebird
Take the topend off of a 2000+ Olds Van w/ 3.4L and the wiring/computer for the FI.
Remove the slugs and rods from the same engine.
Swap the above 2 into the RWD engine and use the electronics to get a working FI system.
and put all of the above into my cherokee.

Once again thanx for the write up and taking the time to share your hard work and research. NORM
Old 11-18-2005, 06:35 PM

Still thinking about it
Old 11-20-2005, 02:20 AM

i also own a 3.4l camaro, it was the first car i bought. i guess i gave up on it when i got my formula but the way i personaly saw it was why spend that money in a 6 cyl when u can put it in a v8. any way good job on your work, what you are doing to your car can lead the way for things to come in the future. there is always a first of something and most of the time its looked down upon but my hats off to you. thats an awesome sleeper and it sounds meaner than s***.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:02 AM

Aluminum heads
Old 11-23-2005, 04:45 PM

One thing is for sure....Russ has done his homework on the 3.4.

Quick Reply: Some insight into the 3.4L OHV RWD motor