Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 Powertrain Discussion > V6 Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2002, 06:35 PM   #1

Replacing Rear Main Seal on 3.4

I've got a bad leak at the rear main seal on my 3.4 (1994) Camaro. Any advice on the difficulty and cost of this repair? Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
dadsz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 09:12 PM   #2

I busted mine in a snow storm last year. Its not a hard fix, but i didn't want to get the remaining fluid all over the driveway, and even with the car on jack stands it would have been nothing but a hassle to drain the trans. I had the dealer do it. I think it was 102.00, or something along those lines. the seal its self is like a 11.00 part from the dealer, but they charge you for a trans service cause they have to drain it ot fix the seal.
fbird95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 08:02 PM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to viper98885
I am about 99.9% sure that he's talking about the engine rear main seal and not the tranny rear seal. The rear main on the engine is a pain. It would definitely be more than $120.00 no matter where you took it.
viper98885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 10:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by viper98885
I am about 99.9% sure that he's talking about the engine rear main seal and not the tranny rear seal. The rear main on the engine is a pain. It would definitely be more than $120.00 no matter where you took it.
Yep, I figure it'd be way more than $120. Mine just recently started leaking too. Looks like GM really designed the gaskets on the 3.4L motor to last.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:00 PM

Reply Post New Thread