V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

Need help with M5 tranny!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:40 PM

Angry Need help with M5 tranny!!!

Alright i had experienced enough of my clutch issue: 1994 3.4 M5
A few months after i had purchased my 94 camaro a couple years ago i noticed my clutch was slipping. no big deal just means i would have a little project later . well as i was heading home last night i went to use the clutch pedal and heard a loud "pop" noise and experienced no pedal. came to find out the slave cylinder broke off with part of my bellhousing to go with it. so now im faced with 2 options get the piece professionaly welded back onto the bellhousing or find a used one off another camaro.

that second option is almost impossible because 1. i have never seen another 5speed v6 camaro in my short lifetime (just turned 19). 2. every junkyard i ask says they are used in some racing applications which means there rare and usually expensive. This forum has been a wealth of knowlege to me since i purchased the car and i was hoping to get some direction with this. i do plan on replacing the clutch while im there since ill have the tranny out soon anyway. any help would be greatly appreciated.

also sorry for the long read i just hate when i read posts on here where people do not leave enough info, and i am mechanically inclined. been workin on cars for almost 4 years now.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 AM

Re: Need help with M5 tranny!!!

try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Old 04-17-2012, 10:47 PM

Re: Need help with M5 tranny!!!

Finally got some time and pulled the tranny, found the spindle that my throwout bearing rides on had all kinds of crud built up on it. also found that the throwout bearing itself was gone. which would cause excessive tension which eventually broke my bell housing. Also there is a tsb on this transmission where if the clutch fork was not seated correctly on the throwout bearing it would cause excessive binding!

Bellhousing is being welded within the next few days. i figured i would give others an update on this in case they had anywhere near the bad luck that i have had. still love the car and cant wait to take those t tops off and do some cruizin!
140k isnt bad for the stock clutch btw(taking a guess, clutch plate and clutch itself was luk brand and had gm blue marks on it).