V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

I need a better understanding of Performance chips?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:34 AM

I need a better understanding of Performance chips?

Hey guys, you may remember my old post about my car over heating a couple days ago I think. But anyways, I got that fixed. And my car is running just perfect but there is something missing. It needs to be...Better. I have a 94 Camaro with the stock V6 That came with it I think, I'm pretty sure it is. And I was wondering if I could order a super chip/turbo chip(I do not know the difference.) For it.

But before I even THINK about doing that. I need someone to help me understand what they do, and what they are. I know you need a computer or something for them. And my cousin Jeremy has a super chip in his Dodge Ram 3800 Which is a diesel, and I asked him about super chips but he didn't really have time to tell me anything. But he had this red thing that plugged under his dash board and it said "Super Chip" On it or whatever.

But anyways, could I get a performance chip for my car? And what about a cool air intake? But thanks for the help. I appreciate it a lot, I really want to find out more about these "Super Chips" and "Turbo Chips" Before I put something in my car I don't know about and screw something over. I just want to be extra careful with my baby. Thanks everyone.