Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Wifey blew the tires off!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:32 PM

Wifey blew the tires off!

So my wife and I are sitting at the light in the right lane (she's driving) and an S-10 pickup pulls up in the middle lane. There is left turn only lane. The S-10 is edging up so I know he is going to go for it. About 200 feet after the light, it goes into 1 lane.

I look over at my wife and tell her she better not embarrass me. Well that was all she needed to hear. Unfortunately she didn't realize it was a delayed light and when the left arrow turned green, she started to launch and almost hit the cars turning left from the other direction. Well now we lost the element of suprise.

The light finally turns green and both cars launch. The S-10 is neck and neck with the Z but what my wife doesn't realize is that we are leaving so much rubber and smoke you couldn't see the intersection behind us. When she finally realized the back end was starting to fishtail, she let off.

I had to explain to her about making sure the street tires hook up. I was impressed with her guts and she sure did put on a show for everyone at this busy intersection. Unfortunately the S-10 got us this time. It's time for a little education in launching.

Next time she will be ready.....
Old 01-09-2010, 01:44 AM

I woulda loved to see that! I'm sure traction woulda been nice but the smell of rubber is nice once and a while too
Old 01-09-2010, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by SweetZRag
Unfortunately the S-10 got us this time. It's time for a little education in launching.

I was driving home from work today in the truck on a light amount of snow and decided to punch it and see how much it'd fishtail from a 10mph roll. Next thing I know there's a bunch of smoke from my exhaust (it was 4* out), and snow from the street in my rear view mirror
Old 01-09-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by SweetZRag
So my wife and I are sitting at the light in the right lane (she's driving) and an S-10 pickup pulls up in the middle lane. There is left turn only lane. The S-10 is edging up so I know he is going to go for it. About 200 feet after the light, it goes into 1 lane.

I look over at my wife and tell her she better not embarrass me. Well that was all she needed to hear. Unfortunately she didn't realize it was a delayed light and when the left arrow turned green, she started to launch and almost hit the cars turning left from the other direction. Well now we lost the element of suprise.

The light finally turns green and both cars launch. The S-10 is neck and neck with the Z but what my wife doesn't realize is that we are leaving so much rubber and smoke you couldn't see the intersection behind us. When she finally realized the back end was starting to fishtail, she let off.

I had to explain to her about making sure the street tires hook up. I was impressed with her guts and she sure did put on a show for everyone at this busy intersection. Unfortunately the S-10 got us this time. It's time for a little education in launching.

Next time she will be ready.....
Was there anything special about the s-10??
Those things usually arent fast unless they a have a v8 swap
Old 01-09-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by SmokeyBlaZe
Was there anything special about the s-10??
Those things usually arent fast unless they a have a v8 swap
I think it was stock. He was giving it everything he had bangin' through the gears. The problem was so was my wife. I had just completed the mods in my signature and she didn't realize how much more power the Z had. She didn't even realize the tires were spinning. She just put it the floor. I was hangin on for dear life. Good times. Good times.

The funny part is that we were neck and neck but the Z was just spinning. I guess if you are going to lose, at least she learned something. I love it when my wife beats guys. I just tell em "Dude, you just got spanked by a chick!"" It kiils them.....

It is her daily driver.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:55 PM

I was about to question how the wife got behind the wheel of your Z... and I see it's her car.

That is BRILLIANT!

Give HER the car... to lull her into the Z advocacy.

Genius...

Great story.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by OVA1
I was about to question how the wife got behind the wheel of your Z... and I see it's her car.

That is BRILLIANT!

Give HER the car... to lull her into the Z advocacy.

Genius...

Great story.
My deviousness goes beyond that. I told her I'll get her a 5th gen as soon as the vert comes out. Then the 4th gen becomes mine to go crazy with. Personally I don't want it as my daily driver. I would get too many speeding tickets. I like driving my full size Blazer better.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:14 PM

(American) Girls with fast (American) cars automatically are at least +2 on the 1-10 Scale.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by HardcoreRM125
(American) Girls with fast (American) cars automatically are at least +2 on the 1-10 Scale.
True that!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:10 PM

This thread is worthless without pics.

Come on ...

Old 03-04-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by HardcoreRM125
This thread is worthless without pics.
Of the race or my wife?

Wifey would kill me....
Old 03-04-2010, 08:11 AM

What she don't know won't hurt her lol.