Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Totally killed by a 350 Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:01 PM

Totally killed by a 350 Z

RACE 1

I am 2 cars behind this Z in the turning lane turnning onto a straight street.
The car is shaved, i see the aftermarket exhaust and color full suspenstion (sway bar and stuff) I can hear the car over my own. I am thinking a its going to be mostly all show no go.

The light turns green and i pull up next to him, as i pull i up i hears his turbo and blow off valvew as he slows down to let me pull up.
Now i am thinking ok cool a good race!

he down shifts and look over at me, we are going right around 35-40 MPH. I slowly roll into the gas and he does the same to keep up. So i hit it hard and shift into 2nd with a chirp of the M/T's i am off.
I am about 2-3 cars infron of him whin i hear the PSSSsss TIS TIS TIS TIS and this guy come FLYING past me i keep pursuit and this guy pulls about 4 cars on me up about 120 MPH and we both hit the brakes.

I pull up next to him and ask him whats he got.
He's got an aftermarket turbo setup pushing 13#'s and then starts telling me about all the engine work he has, He said he just got it back from the shop and his bill was for over 40K
He said it dyno'ed at 720 HP but he hasnt taken it to the track yet, he said the shop said he should be good for mid to high 11's

It was a pretty sweet car, he told me to follow him around the cornor (the light was turning green) He pulled up to his house about 5 blocks way and parked.

Out side he had a ferri, AMG SLK something and that new audi.

I talked with him for a few mintues and he said to stop by sometime later if i wanted to..... I want to drive his cars LOL

RACE 2

Was going to make a new thread about this one but F it.

I went to see my friend for lunch that works at speed shop.
As i pull up he is pulling out in a Grand National with his boos riding shotgun to road tune the car.

His boos (also a friend) tell me to follow.
We get to a straight away going about 30 and we both hit it, i get him by about 1 car in about an 1/8 of a mile.
We drive to another spot (these area are in an industrail area with no other traffic) and we go from a dig (both cars are on drag radials)
I spin but not to bad and he hooks solid, I take atlease 1 and half cars in the 60 Ft and keep pulling hard till about 100 MPH whre i have a good 4 cars on him.

I dont know what mods th GN has, but will check when i talk to my friend after work.

We pull up to an intersection i get in the left turn lane to head back to work and they make a right turn, A cop that was at the light runs the red and follows the GN, I call and give the warnning...Have not heard back from them.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by 97formula1234
I am thinking a its going to be mostly all show no go.

He said he just got it back from the shop and his bill was for over 40K
He said it dyno'ed at 720 HP but he hasnt taken it to the track yet, he said the shop said he should be good for mid to high 11's
If that's the best he can do with those #'s, what a waste of 40k
Old 04-29-2008, 04:10 PM

Some people $$$ > sense
Old 04-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

I have several points to make.

1. A stock 350Z is a decent match for a stock LT1. His mods (turbo, 13psi) outdo yours (mild heads & cam), so I would expect him to win.

2. Based on the turbo lag evident by the fact that it took him a while to get going, I'm guessing he has a BIG turbo that flows a LOT of air. That would explain how he got 720hp from 13psi on a 3.5L engine, and also explains the low ET.

3. GN's are awesome.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:40 PM

i wouldnt exspect to win against him know what he has, i not going to pull up to a car and ask them whats done to it then race them if i think i can win, If i am in an area and want to race i dont care if i win or lose (its nice to lose sometimes, it inspires me to make my car faster...and its neat to beat by something you though you where going to kill.