Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Today I smoked a 1992 5.0 w/ supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 10:41 PM

Today I smoked a 1992 5.0 w/ supercharger

It was perfect. My stock 2002 35th Anniversary SS up against an onyx black chromed out and loud '92 5.0 ragtop. It wasn't even close...he became a fixture in my rearview mirror.

When it was over, I asked him what he had: A paxton supercharger and headers.

Damn, wait till I make my mods, I said. His reply..."Wow, that is all stock?"

Maybe he will wake up and go get a real car...a Camaro SS.

BTW -- My passenger was my nephew, who also owns a '92 Mustang...who left today thinking out loud after his first ride with me...."Man, I should get one of these instead of putting all that money into mine."

Nice.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:18 AM

good to know I was tempted to buy a mustang to build up since they are so cheap now, but hearing that makes me think its a waste of time. GM sure did build these cars right
Old 05-10-2004, 09:24 AM

re:

nice. true though older 90's mustangs are much cheaper than their camaro counterparts. Seems that since the line is now discontinued there are getting more expensive. Yeah GM did it right on this.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:00 PM

That gets me interested. There's a guy in my town with a 95' 5.0 with a supercharger and just a catback. He has a big wing, full ground fx, ect. I was thinking I could probably take him, but wasn't so sure. A fellow buddy that's ridden in both cars and is a mustang guy mind you, thinks I'll pull on him. Now I wanna go run him down to see who will win. Good kill.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:37 PM

bravo!

Now thats what im talkin about!! I think I am still too much of a rookie to race it... specially when my is also factory... Congrats!
Old 05-10-2004, 02:39 PM

Why was I thinking you were talking about a 1992 5.0 z28??? Good kill
Old 05-10-2004, 03:58 PM

I guess if I hadnt mentioned at the bottom that my nephew "also" has a '92 Mustang, I would have been totally unclear that I meant a Mustang. Sorry about that.

Diagnostic, thanks. I really shouldn't be out doing that, though. You are taking the high road. First, if I got caught my insurance would go through the roof. And, it is a 35th anniversary with the stripes and all that...I really don't want to be ripping down the road kicking up rocks and chipping the paint and all that. That didn't happen fortunately.

It's hard to avoid though. They pull up next to you in these loud shiny little box Mustangs....it's hard not to succumb to the urge to break their hearts. And what is the purpose of a Camaro SS? To slay the Mustang. To deny her this right is like telling a dog he can't bark.

Wait till the mods are complete. I should be putting over 400+ at the rear wheels.

My buddy JD just got a 2004 SVT Cobra. I have yet to ride in it. We planned on taking them out to Rt. 18, to determine who is boss. I think I could give him a run now, but I will avoid him till the mods are complete.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:01 PM

well, not to brag or anything.... but I raced a 5.0 mustang w/ a DSS 331 stroker, cammed out(nasty)..... put it like this .... .from a role and a dead stop he couldn't do anything with me... the sad part is he's spent like 10 grand on that motor!!!..... he said we'll have to do it again when he gets drag slicks(he's got a 6 speed) I was like ok let me get drag slicks too.!!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by ppmz28
well, not to brag or anything.... but I raced a 5.0 mustang w/ a DSS 331 stroker, cammed out(nasty)..... put it like this .... .from a role and a dead stop he couldn't do anything with me... the sad part is he's spent like 10 grand on that motor!!!..... he said we'll have to do it again when he gets drag slicks(he's got a 6 speed) I was like ok let me get drag slicks too.!!!!
His problem was probably not hooking till after 100mph.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:39 PM

You got some nice cars NBS4
Old 05-10-2004, 09:56 PM

Originally posted by bombd84
You got some nice cars NBS4
Thank you. Going to be adding a 94 Z28 to that list in a few days.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:17 AM

There's some in every crowd.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:01 AM

NBS 4....I see you are from PA. That 94 Z28 you are adding does not by some crazy chance happen to be this:
http://www.titaniumincorp.com/camaro.html

I traded that in for the 2002 SS on April 1, at Barbera Chryslerland in Philly. I have been doing car searched in the Philly area for it, nothing yet.

If that is the one you are getting, I can tell you every little thing about it...I had it for 7 years.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:07 AM

Originally posted by ppmz28
Jim, come on now. You know good and well that if Ross hooked up, you wouldn't last a second. I know your car is fast, but don't act like his car is slow, cause that thing is a beast. From a dead stop, Ross just spins like crazy. Of course you are gonna beat him then...he can't go anywhere. If you and him raced and both of you had drag slicks, then I wouldn't put any money up, cause I'm sure he'd take you. That car is just plain nasty once he gets traction. And he didn't spend 10 grand, more like 7 or so. Not to mention, he had Tony and Justin, who both are pretty big, riding in his car when he raced and I think you had Lee, who weighs next to nothing. But all I'm saying, is the only reason he'll lose is because he can't put all his power to the ground. With traction, his car will be insane. Take a ride with him once and see what its like. Just plain scary.

Last edited by AxeGrinder30thZ; 05-11-2004 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:15 AM

jim u put 350+ extra pounds in your car....and run on street tires against me, by myself or with lee day... on drag radials......lets see how it turns out then....and that second run from a roll....i heard that lee got out of the car...so it was just u in there? well hell u wasn't goin anywhere on that run...whats up with that? we was dead even forever until i started pullin then you somehow put it into neutral? oh well.....whats sad is my car hasn't even been tuned yet....lol it goes thru plugs like it goes thru gas......we just slapped a holley carb on it and called it a day....i'd hate to start messin with jets and stuff because there is no tellin how much i could gain.....we are gonna race again...and this time **** won't be comming back to me from people that said u been sayin u beat me so bad and whatnot......like trey said....if i hook up....u better just let off the gas and put a white flag out ur window.....im not tryin to talk smack but i know how powerful my car is when its running right and i actually get traction.....oh i can't wait...

P.S.....u tell whoever has been talkin smack to just stfu.....they are just jealous....they can't hang with me or you.....

Quick Reply: Today I smoked a 1992 5.0 w/ supercharger