Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Me vs 350Z..twice

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 10:29 AM

Me vs 350Z..twice

Well this is my first kill story since I got my Z. I have embarrassed a ricer or two just to shut them up, but this was a little better.

It was almost 3 in the morning and I just got off work (bouncer at a night club here). I am driving home and I come up to a red light. Low and behold there is a black 350Z in the next lane and no one else is on the road. I pull up to the light and the driver looks over and starts eyeing the Z. He looks over to his friend and starts talking to him. Then he gives the 350 a couple revs and I know we are going to go. I give him a good rev back, turn off the ACS and drop her into D.

The light goes green and we punch it. I hooked good and pull him good. I never even made it out of 2nd and I had about 2 cars on him. I let off thinking he had enough but I see him coming in the side view. By the time I punch it he has a car on me. I pull him in quick, pass him and then he let off. I figured it was done because he was way back. I come up to another light and catch the red in the turn lane. I see some headlights pull up on me quick. I look and it was the 350 again.

So we make the turn and he jumps over a lane. I let him pull up even with me and then he punches it. A split second later I do the same. I pull on him and running pretty close through 2nd gear. I hit 3rd and pull away from him pretty hard. He let off and I head home. I make a couple turns to get home and he follows me. By now I have lost interest and pull into my apartment complex. He slows down a bit but then leaves. So that is my kill story.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:04 AM

350/G35 stock are easy kill. Congrats on the kill anyway, it's always fun going up against them.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by PWR-TRIP
350/G35 stock are easy kill. Congrats on the kill anyway, it's always fun going up against them.
Yeah it was fun. Alot better than dealing with all the Hondas running around. As far as I could tell the 350 had a couple mods. I know he had at least an intake and exhaust. It was lowered sitting on some black rims. Looked pretty decent (in my rearview)
Old 05-16-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by EnFuegoZ28
I make a couple turns to get home and he follows me. By now I have lost interest and pull into my apartment complex. He slows down a bit but then leaves.
He was probably one of those serial killers that had taken an abductee. He was instructing the passenger not to yell at you for help as he had a knife on him. He now knows your address.

BTW...Good kill
Old 05-16-2008, 12:10 PM

I have a 2003 G-Coupe and that thing would get chewed and spat out against my 95 camaro. But, the top end on those cars are freaking insane.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:21 PM

I raced one when stock. I BARELY won. BARELY. Of course, my car had some really tall tires and 3.73s. And was completely stock. I tried to race a modded one yesterday, but I think he was afraid of me. Something about the Ram Air hood intimidates REALLY well.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by LSWHO
I raced one when stock. I BARELY won. BARELY. Of course, my car had some really tall tires and 3.73s. And was completely stock. I tried to race a modded one yesterday, but I think he was afraid of me. Something about the Ram Air hood intimidates REALLY well.
Your car was stock with 3.73's? I asumeing your not talking about your z28 (or TA never read sig).

Good kill, he may of wanted to stop and talk or something who knows, I know iv followed people for a while before, of course I normally break off after we race once or twice.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by bombebomb
Your car was stock with 3.73's? I asumeing your not talking about your z28 (or TA never read sig).

Good kill, he may of wanted to stop and talk or something who knows, I know iv followed people for a while before, of course I normally break off after we race once or twice.
I was not interested in 3am conversation(unless it's my girl ).

Yuma is a small town, I will see him around.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by bombebomb

2.73s Typo
Old 05-27-2008, 08:00 PM

Nice kill..

Im going to be racing a G35X Sedan so i guess I got the flag then huh
Old 05-28-2008, 11:44 PM

These 350Z's and g35's are the new mustang around here, every metrosexual in this town seems to drive one.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by crazytglo
These 350Z's and g35's are the new mustang around here, every metrosexual in this town seems to drive one.
Almost sig material there

Nice kill OP
Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 AM

Nice Kill.

PWR-Trip: Here's a vid from my home track of a stock 350Z (2007) running 13.5's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bPJkHLdxp4 If you think that's an easy kill, you've got one bad LT1.

I like the metrosexual thing too. Very true.

Originally Posted by PWR-TRIP

Last edited by yellavette; 07-02-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by yellavette
Nice Kill.

PWR-Trip: Here's a vid from my home track of a stock 350Z (2007) running 13.5's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bPJkHLdxp4 If you think that's an easy kill, you've got one bad LT1.

I like the metrosexual thing too. Very true.

A guy that hangs out with us Sun nights has a 350Z (year?). He claims to be pushiin 330 at the wheels with I/E and a comp tune. I thought BS right away, but he did race a 08 Shelby GT that also hangs out w/us and beat him. So I guess i have to be a little more wary of the 350.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by yellavette

PWR-Trip: Here's a vid from my home track of a stock 350Z (2007) running 13.5's.
That sure is a loud exhaust for being stock. I haven't raced any newer examples so I haven't heard one in person.

As always, when showroom cars get faster, I add more mods!