Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

LT1 Trans Am VS C5 Zo6

Old 09-26-2011, 02:47 PM

LT1 Trans Am VS C5 Zo6

Right?!! This guy tears out from behind me on the on ramp and passes me. The exhaust popping and farting like crazy at WOT. I don't care how fast it was, LS motors sound horrible. He's egging me on. Im running 87 octane and the car is in highway mode. I know I don't stand a chance even if I was running premium and had been driving more sporty. But he keeps egging me on. I finally get sick of his exhaust, sorry but LSX motors sound like crap. So he gets up even with me (70mph) and I say **** it just so he will go on his merry way. I put a car on him before he knows Im game. I pull another half car then we stay even for 10-15mph, by 100 he's starting to put his buslength on me like its his job. I know he had exhaust, but I don't know what else.

My thoughts: he had to be a 6spd and learning to drive it. But even still, I hung with Zo6 for a bit longer than I thought I would. I would love long tubes and a Gm847 right about now.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:57 AM

Re: LT1 Trans Am VS C5 Zo6

good fun....plenty of douche vette guys out there, very few cool ones. was this a real z06 or a c5 with fake z06 badging? more than a few of those posers out there too.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:22 PM

It was a real one from what I could tell. Hard top w/ little rear window, vents, wheels, badges. Maybe one day I'll find him some place and he will be honest with what he has done and not just the sly "its stock"
Old 10-16-2011, 07:00 PM

Time for some more mods. I learned a long time ago that no matter how fast you are there is always someone faster. I never look for a match but I will play if the time is right. I love telling people that my car is stock except for the miss that I can't track down.... maybe a burnt plug wire ???? ( I am sure the sound has nothing do to with the cam )

I have left more than one corvette owner to beat on his wheel in disgust at getting it handed to him
Old 10-18-2011, 01:57 AM

Always will be a faster car, no doubt. Win some, you lose some. It used to drive me crazy losing a race. Now that I've matured some, I know what I want to do with this thing, but Im not in a hurry. And if it doesn't ever happen, it won't bother me. For every race I lose, I get ten thumbs up from people who really like my car.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by foxbat
plenty of douche vette guys out there, very few cool ones.
True story.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:52 PM

Also true story about LS's sounding like crap.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by foxbat
plenty of douche vette guys out there, very few cool ones.
Hey I resemble that remark
Actually its funny. Since the vette has always been the pinnacle of American muscle, their owners inherently feel that they are of higher status when all it is is a bigger car payment. On the flip side of that very arguement is the people who have to brag when they slaughter a vette. It really isn't that big of an accomplishment.

That being said... I'm not picking on the author of this thread. I've come across way too many jack a$$ vette owners that make their car an extension of their inflated egos.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by kwik_ta
Hey I resemble that remark
Actually its funny. Since the vette has always been the pinnacle of American muscle, their owners inherently feel that they are of higher status when all it is is a bigger car payment. On the flip side of that very arguement is the people who have to brag when they slaughter a vette. It really isn't that big of an accomplishment.

That being said... I'm not picking on the author of this thread. I've come across way too many jack a$$ vette owners that make their car an extension of their inflated egos.

props for keeping it real
Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 PM

True, true. I've been around a couple of Vette owners online who are just really stuck up and think that they're so great. Honestly, I love Corvette's as they're a true sport's car but I think anyone who is a douchebag shouldn't be allowed to own one or any car that is awesome for that matter, lolz.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:05 PM

I guess some LS cars may sound like crap. I get compliments on mine all the time.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:43 PM

Good for you man. Glad to hear
Old 08-19-2012, 02:35 PM

You think long tubes and a GM847 cam will make your car faster than a C5 Z06? It won't. Not without a bunch of other work.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by 93Z28rare
I guess some LS cars may sound like crap. I get compliments on mine all the time.
LSX cars do not sound like crap. That's just something that some LT1 guys say to make themselves feel better about thier cars. You mix the right cam and exhaust with any LSX vehicle and you will have a car that will turn heads at an idle and create huge smiles at WOT

Of course you can say the same for any LTX or mustang.

Last edited by darrens99formul; 08-20-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 PM

Why is this still getting resurrected a year later? Results, opinions, and 1/4 miles times of 847 cars and Zo6s haven't changed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT1 Trans Am VS C5 Zo6