Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

LE2 LT1 vs EVO

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:37 PM

LE2 LT1 vs EVO

Im driving back from a friends house... cruising... blasting the stereo... hot neighbor chick in the back seat singing.. my buddy in the passenger seat and I also attempting to sing... But the neighbor chick had us put on Evan Essence "call me when your sober"... and without the help of nitrogen oxide or being kicked in the nuts there was no way that us 2 guys could match the key like the neighbor chick. So sometime between the off key singing and getting home we roll up on a Lancer Evolution.. Looks to be a 2006ish model. This one had a carbon fiber trunk and hood, wing, boost pillar gauge, aftermarket exhaust, blow off valve sounded louder too... Not sure if there was anything significant done to it but Im guessing he had at least alittle extra power from the way his car was done up (plus the cat back).... So my friend James starts doing the row boat motion out the window as we drive by this guy.... The evo driver responds by boosting up and letting off his blow off valve at me. I mean I understand he was defending himself but in this case he should have backed down.. You know when your out at the bar with some of your friends... and one of your friends start mouthing off to someone and gets in a fight.. And you know your friend started it but you cant let him get beat up... so you jump in to help... Well my friend was defensless and had no engine or blow off valve to rev back at the guy... So against my own will I threw a rev back.... Well this started a chain of events which lead me to dropping 3rd at about 70mph and the Evo to build boost..... I think the EVO owner soon realized that the "SLOW LT1" license plate he was looking at on the rear of my car was purely subjective / relative. SLOW LT1 could have meant "slow" as in a ZR1 Vette is "slow" in comparison to an F22 Raptor kinda relative.... But unfortunately for the EVO driver he had only but a couple seconds to read the license plate before the LT1 pulled so far ahead it became futile to try to catch up...
He probably gave up at 85mph or so... Or I hope he gave up at 85mph because he was way the hell back there....

He came back up eventually and have me the "I got nothing, on your cars horsepower hand gesture and look". I gave him the thumbs up and waved him good bye. Im glad he didnt hold a grudge because I was purely defending my friend.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:53 PM

Where at in Tampa are you?

Oh, and, good kill!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:11 PM

new tampa
Old 05-16-2008, 06:59 PM

Holy crap what a story...and so well written. I almost forgot it was a kill story, until the last sentence. Got any pics of the "hot neighbor chick"?
Old 05-16-2008, 08:51 PM

So my friend James starts doing the row boat motion out the window
ROFL! That's my favorite thing ever!

The only thing funnier is to do it in a 4 door so two people can do it as you pass. Freakin hilarious!
Old 05-20-2008, 01:52 PM

I have not had the chance to run one yet, everytime i see one either i have my kid in the car or we are in traffic or they dont want to run.