Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Few good runs

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 06:02 PM

Few good runs

First one started off just as i entered the hi-way. A blacked out new mustang came up on my rear and kept dropping back a few cars and then gunning it and get on my rear then let off. Well the 3rd time I thought id just punch it and see what happens. So as he's flyin up on me I stomp the pedal (goin about 75) and to my luck it doesnt downshift to 2nd but to Drive instead and he pulls around me and gains a car on me in the left lane by 100 and then by 110 im dead even and 120 he's in my rear view. He then jumps over 3 lanes and exits and we exchange waives

Second one was just as i got off and was headed home on the hi-way when i come up on a WRX with a dude and his girlfriend. As i pass i through him a rev and he doesn't follow until a lil bit after. I see him coming up so I move over a lane and this time i manually downshifted to 2nd and he comes to along side and nods and i hear him downshift. I give it 3 honks and we both punch it.

I instantly pull a half car on him and we stay even up to 100 from 70. We both exit quickly cause we flew by a trooper sittin on the side of the road! He follows me to a side road and i ask him what he has. He says he just got engine back in and its got cams, bigger turbo, running 10lbs of boost blah blah blah. It also had a carbon fiber hood that looked straight out of a video game or something.

We line up from a 40 roll and i put it in 2nd cause i know if i put it in 1st i wont get traction at all on this road. I let him get the jump and he pulls a car through second and i shifted to drive early and gain the car back by 80 and keep pullin up to 100. I get along side of him again and he smillin, says he aint got nothin after 10 psi, i smile and waive and he turns off.

Seems alot of people around here are good sports about racin and really dont act like its a freakin dick measuring contest like some people do, props to both of them for that!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by crazytglo
First one started off just as i entered the hi-way. A blacked out new mustang came up on my rear and kept dropping back a few cars and then gunning it and get on my rear then let off. Well the 3rd time I thought id just punch it and see what happens. So as he's flyin up on me I stomp the pedal (goin about 75) and to my luck it doesnt downshift to 2nd but to Drive instead and he pulls around me and gains a car on me in the left lane by 100 and then by 110 im dead even and 120 he's in my rear view. He then jumps over 3 lanes and exits and we exchange waives

Second one was just as i got off and was headed home on the hi-way when i come up on a WRX with a dude and his girlfriend. As i pass i through him a rev and he doesn't follow until a lil bit after. I see him coming up so I move over a lane and this time i manually downshifted to 2nd and he comes to along side and nods and i hear him downshift. I give it 3 honks and we both punch it.

I instantly pull a half car on him and we stay even up to 100 from 70. We both exit quickly cause we flew by a trooper sittin on the side of the road! He follows me to a side road and i ask him what he has. He says he just got engine back in and its got cams, bigger turbo, running 10lbs of boost blah blah blah. It also had a carbon fiber hood that looked straight out of a video game or something.

We line up from a 40 roll and i put it in 2nd cause i know if i put it in 1st i wont get traction at all on this road. I let him get the jump and he pulls a car through second and i shifted to drive early and gain the car back by 80 and keep pullin up to 100. I get along side of him again and he smillin, says he aint got nothin after 10 psi, i smile and waive and he turns off.

Seems alot of people around here are good sports about racin and really dont act like its a freakin dick measuring contest like some people do, props to both of them for that!

what car were you driving? those wrx's can be ridiculously fast, those are the only cars ( and evo's) that are either very stock, or with little mods in the 12's, you never know , that's why i love racing them
anyway good kill
Old 07-07-2008, 04:54 PM

Ive seen some ls1's go 11's with bolt ons so i mean thats impressive for the ricer world but American cars still rock .

Btw were you in your 2000 ss?
Old 07-07-2008, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by z28camaro1090
Ive seen some ls1's go 11's with bolt ons so i mean thats impressive for the ricer world but American cars still rock .

Btw were you in your 2000 ss?

i've also seen, h/c ls1's barely in 12's ,
turbo's are just very hmm...well cheap i guess, i'm not a big fan of a 2.0L with30 lbs of boost , that kinda defeats the whole purpose of having an economical 4 cylinder, why not start off with 300hp instead of 135?
oh well
Old 07-07-2008, 06:49 PM

Ya I was in the 2000 SS, stock WRX's and Evo's are no contest for an LS1 when it comes to roll races. But modded........thats a different story.

I personally love WRX's, the wings are gay as hell but that all wheel drive appeals to me. Wouldn't mind owning one at all!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:17 AM

Power is power. The only difference is how the air & fuel are combined to be combusted. The main advantage of a boosted 4 cyl is when you don't have your foot in it, you get great gas mileage. The bigger the turbo, the greater the gas mileage while cruising because it isn't as "eager" as the stock turbo is to start making boost at part throttle.

The car in the OP was clearly breaking in a new setup. Nobody runs 10 psi for any other reason -- even the stock turbo on a WRX runs around 14. When he changes it to 20 psi, you'll see the real results of the work he's done. It'll be a totally different car.

Turbos, whether on 4 or 6 cylinders, aren't for everybody. I'm hooked on the torque surge that hits around 3k rpm though -- even my family sedan sees over 300 tq to the wheels on the stock turbo. After my next set of mods, well, ....
Old 07-08-2008, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by John M
Power is power. The only difference is how the air & fuel are combined to be combusted. The main advantage of a boosted 4 cyl is when you don't have your foot in it, you get great gas mileage. The bigger the turbo, the greater the gas mileage while cruising because it isn't as "eager" as the stock turbo is to start making boost at part throttle.

The car in the OP was clearly breaking in a new setup. Nobody runs 10 psi for any other reason -- even the stock turbo on a WRX runs around 14. When he changes it to 20 psi, you'll see the real results of the work he's done. It'll be a totally different car.

Turbos, whether on 4 or 6 cylinders, aren't for everybody. I'm hooked on the torque surge that hits around 3k rpm though -- even my family sedan sees over 300 tq to the wheels on the stock turbo. After my next set of mods, well, ....

it's personal preference, torque vs horsepower, i chose torque, i hate waiting for power
you got the subaru legacy turboed?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:57 PM

The 2005-present Legacy GT has the engine of the STi, 5spd manual (or 6spd in the SpecB version), all in a plain wrapper. It comes with a smaller turbo than the STi does so it's rated at only 250hp. It's easy to hit 275hp/300 torque to the wheels with cheap mods while still on the stock turbo. Curb weight is 3300 lbs.

I've bought a decent sized turbo, front mount intercooler, full exhaust, etc, etc. When I finish everything it should make 400whp and almost as much torque on 93 octane. Something tells me the stock clutch will need replacing soon!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by John M
The 2005-present Legacy GT has the engine of the STi, 5spd manual (or 6spd in the SpecB version), all in a plain wrapper. It comes with a smaller turbo than the STi does so it's rated at only 250hp. It's easy to hit 275hp/300 torque to the wheels with cheap mods while still on the stock turbo. Curb weight is 3300 lbs.

I've bought a decent sized turbo, front mount intercooler, full exhaust, etc, etc. When I finish everything it should make 400whp and almost as much torque on 93 octane. Something tells me the stock clutch will need replacing soon!

you'll probably be replacing more than just a clutch, that's a family sedan not meant for 400hp