Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Drafted an S2000...fun...!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 02:26 AM

Drafted an S2000...fun...!!

So i know you probably don't want to here about a "ford" but i just wanted to share my experience from today. My 93 Lincoln Mark 8 stuck with an S2000 on the highway pretty darn good.

I was on my local highway today in no traffic, i catch up to an S2000 in the far left lane...us both doing around 70MPH. I here him hit it and smoke comes out of his exhaust and i smell it for a brief second. I hit it, my 280HP sleeper (not much i know) down shifts to 2nd at 4200rpm's and pulls to around 97MPH while i'm literally ON his bumper. My A/T shifts to 3rd and i pull to 110mph while ON this dudes butt. I switch lanes and get even pulling ever so slowly on him..but catching up. He brakes, we both brake, and he gives me a snotty look and gives me the finger-what a jerk.

It felt good to make this yuppie feel like crap in his new "honda"...he was wearing a yellow polo and a golf cap aswell.....lol.

PS can't wait to get my Maro.......
Old 08-17-2008, 01:21 PM

I've always liked the Mark VIII, especially the LSC variety. My dad had a 95 and a 97, both in pearl white. The 97 had HIDs which were extremely rare to see on any car. They were an option in 95, meaning Lincoln offered them before just about anybody else.

Too bad you can't get a handheld programmer for those cars. Apparently you can get a Superchips 1100 module that plugs in (like the old Mustangs) and they're custom configured for each car. At only ~ $230 you might want to look at them for added fun.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by FranktheTank
...he gives me a snotty look and gives me the finger-what a jerk.
Torque envy
Old 09-08-2008, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by FranktheTank
he was wearing a yellow polo and a golf cap aswell.....lol.
Wow. Limpwrist.