Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Challenger owner calls out your Moderator.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 12:53 AM

Challenger owner calls out your Moderator.

The wife and I were headed out to do some last weekend shopping for Christmas and decided to take the Saleen. After the new built motor I needed more break in miles so I figured what the heck. We get out and cruise down the highway, man I can hardly wait for spring so I can put the top down again. We arrive at the local mall and as I pull in from the highway I spy a new Challenger sitting with 2 neon srt4s. I guess I made the mistake of parking near them thinking they would be cool. My wife and I get out and I walk past them and say..." nice rides fellas". The guy in the challenger says thanks, but then replies with. "How much did the body kit cost you?"
We are still walking and I simply said " You will have to ask Mr. Saleen"
I guess he thought I was a smart ***, and he was correct, but it was a smartass comment to his original smartass statement.

We walked on and went in the department store. I know my wife shopped for 1 hour at least, which is no where near a record for her. We head back out as the mall is getting close to closing and low and behold the same guys are outside still standing around their cars talking.

As we approached, one of the SRT4 fellas tells me that he bet his friend that the challenger could take me. This catches my interest as I love a good chat just to find out how car savvy some people are. Let them talk a couple minutes and you will almost always find out.

I asked what he had done to it and he said it was completely stock. I told him to fire it up and let me hear it. He did and It was completely stock and quiet.
This cat actually asked if I would run him for $1,000 on I-85 from a roll.

I told him that I usually only race on stickies from a dig at the track, but would kick it off with him one time on the way home for free as I would never race for that kind of money. I noticed one of the neon boys had a video camera so this race might show up on youtube somewhere.
We all head out and get up to about 40 mph with the neons behind and I give him the nod. He pulls ahead a fender and then I ramp up my boost on him and slingshot by him like he was in friggin reverse.
We do this one more time and then he falls back...yep you guessed it, the camera guys in the neon pull up beside me at about 50 mph and jumps on the throttle. Still after giving him the break, I come by him hard up to about 140 mph and back off. (No cars around us on a clear interstate)

We pull off the ramp to our exit a few miles down and they follow. They pull up beside me and are laughing and yelling "Holy ****" that thing is insane fast".
They couldnt get enough of the whine from the kenne bell...lol
The challenger guy pulled up behind me and started revving at my back bumper. I just laughed and gave thumbs up to the neon guys and took my left turn.

The neon boys seemed cool, but the challenger guy, who was about 45 years old was a complete douche bag.

Well that my kill story for this year guys.

Last edited by Mikie; 12-23-2008 at 05:31 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:32 AM

I would have had to laugh my *** off when they said the challenger would take you. It had to be a joke. If it had carbon fiber on the hood or the 20inch wheels with the big red brimbo breaks it was the srt8 with the 6.1. They are quiet, and slow from a dig. They run 13 flat at best. I drove one and I think my friends bolton LS1 f-body is faster. He was a dumb ***; even if he had a blower and boltons you win. You should have explained that his car was a War tank not a race car. It would need to be built like this to do 10s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63IxK...om/videos.html
Old 12-23-2008, 08:59 AM

I could have sworn your sig said a GT with bolt-ons last time I saw it!!
Old 12-23-2008, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by John M
I could have sworn your sig said a GT with bolt-ons last time I saw it!!
John,
I have owned the Saleen since last January. I have owned a couple GTs, one of which was my Sons 93 LX 5.0...thats probably the one you are thinking of. Had it in my sig last year and it was a bolt on car.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:25 AM

Also, for those who dont know....
Here was my car on factory bottom end racing a low 11 second 08 Shelby, I was winning up until something went catastrophically wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhMmKMRocyM

This prompted the new engine build
Old 12-23-2008, 03:00 PM

Thanks for that last link... I had a good laugh at all of the falling off the dyno vids.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:02 PM

Good kill, I should tell the moderator on you for street racing and bragging about it.

That time in your sig is MOVING!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 02:04 AM

For some reason challenger drivers all seem to think they are the king of the world...i took one out not too long ago like it was nothing...the srt-4s are more fun because you never know what they are going to throw at you...i usually smoke them but a few around me just make me look like im on a go kart.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Demon's Camaro
Good kill, I should tell the moderator on you for street racing and bragging about it.

That time in your sig is MOVING!!!!!!

I hear that moderator is one mean , bad MF..., but still handsome and good with the ladies...
, but I do hear he drives a Ford

Thanks for the props on the times homie.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mikie
I hear that moderator is one mean , bad MF..., but still handsome and good with the ladies...
, but I do hear he drives a Ford

Oh, my apologies for this mix up. I guess we are talking about two different people. I was talking about Mikie, not one of the other mods.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Demon's Camaro
Oh, my apologies for this mix up. I guess we are talking about two different people. I was talking about Mikie, not one of the other mods.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:29 PM

Thanks for sharing ,its a great story. And nice kill. Wanna race for $1000? j/k You have a nice car for a ferd.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:56 PM

Haha, Thanks man.
I also own a 97 LT1 that has been a track only car since 03. Its sitting in the garage waiting to be fed more money to participate...lol
Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 AM

Thumbs up

Great story, even better kill.. Cant wait for the spring time myself, plan on having a few more goodies by then
Old 12-30-2008, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mikie
How are you trapping 130+ with those dyno numbers? Are the numbers not current or does the car weigh 2600lbs?

Quick Reply: Challenger owner calls out your Moderator.