Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Another best ET and 60'

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 01:09 PM

Another best ET and 60'

At 3000+DA I beat my previous best ET and 60' (that I just hit last week) 3 times! Ran a 12.43, 12.48 and 12.49. My mph was down 2mph from last week where I was at 110. My previous beat 60' was a 1.72. I was able to pull a 1.69, 1.70 and 1.71. The DA conversion comes out to an 11.99@112.5 at sea level. A cutout, some skinnies and October air should get me to 11.99 (my N/A goal for this year). Not bad for stock manifold, heads, bottom end, rear end and suspension and a cam that's too big for my setup.)

Let's hear from some of you other guys. This section has been dead all summer.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:23 AM

Re: Another best ET and 60'

Its not this section its this board....When the LT1 was replaced for some reason this site lost a lot of members...which is why the remaining active members are mostly LT1 guys. Seems like everyone flocked to LS1.com and then when that site crashed LS1tech became a behemoth..I use to live on this board back in college but w/ its inactivity checking it every few weeks/ mths is good enough lol...and I just noticed that my post count magically got cut in half for some odd reason lol

Last edited by Antz97ZNJ; 08-30-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:47 PM

I had read the LS1tech articles for years but just registered (June 2011) and now regularly post under the name FlatBlackZ28. I hope this site doesn't die. I've received a lot of advice on here. Even last year and the year before, we had waaaaay more kill stories than this.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:17 PM

For some reason I picture you racing in the middle of Hurricane Irene, saying "Don't close the track yet, I'm getting better 60fts!"

I've been a member here for a long time and I've never owned an F-body. I've owned two TBI-powered 92 GMC trucks but that's the closest I ever got. I joined the site because it was one of the only non-BS car chat boards that was around then.

I never got to run a new Camaro with my Subaru either. I'm guessing its traps were in the 115-118 mph area so it would have been interesting.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by John M
For some reason I picture you racing in the middle of Hurricane Irene, saying "Don't close the track yet, I'm getting better 60fts!"

I've been a member here for a long time and I've never owned an F-body. I've owned two TBI-powered 92 GMC trucks but that's the closest I ever got. I joined the site because it was one of the only non-BS car chat boards that was around then.

I never got to run a new Camaro with my Subaru either. I'm guessing its traps were in the 115-118 mph area so it would have been interesting.
This site was great when I joined 5 years ago. I plan on sticking with the LT1 for life, as I can accomplish all my goals on this platform for far less money than it would cost me to sell and convert to LSX and I just like doing it somewhat "old-school". Plus I could never put a price on my car, it means way more to me than dollar signs.

At or near 400whp would put you probably just short of that trap range at Thompson. I don't know what it is about that track, but it's not fast, AT ALL. The best mph I saw a 440rwhp LS1 Camaro hit was just barely 117. The DA NEVER drops below 3000, (at least from my experience). It kinda feels like the track is a bit of an uphill run, and I've yet to have a tailwind. The way the wind comes off Lake Erie must have something to do with that. The fact that it's the oldest track in Ohio and one of the oldest drag strips in the country may have something to do with it too. I wish I could get the time to hit one of the famous superfast low DA tracks that everyone likes to post YouTube videos of.

Anyway, I'm contemplating ordering a set of skinnies from Summit (as soon as an expense check from works comes in) and then putting a cutout on very very soon. That plus a cold night should put me in contention for an 11.99 pass in probably less than stellar DA.

EDIT: By the way, That would DEFINITELY be me. Trying to convince them to let me make 1 more pass!
I've been to the track 7 times this year and have ran a new best time in 6 of my 7 outings. And almost all 6 of those times, I ran 2-4 new best times in the same day. The only time I didn't run a new best ET was on a bad prep Wednesday night and I was still able to hit a new best MPH (at the time).

Last edited by bkpliskin; 08-30-2011 at 06:42 PM.