Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

94 bolt on z////04 sti

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 06:17 AM

94 bolt on z////04 sti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKddT4GUYug 04 sti f/p green turbo, full exh ,tune and what not from a 20 hit
Old 04-11-2009, 04:23 PM

were you using your 100 shot for that kill or were you all motor on that run?
Old 04-11-2009, 05:44 PM

that run was a 50 if i remeber right only once in a while i hit it 100
Old 04-11-2009, 09:59 PM

You're blowing away a Green-powered STi in a stock LT1 with only a 50 shot and headers?

A Green makes 400whp easily on 93 octane and more with meth injection or race gas. I know because it's what I'm in the middle of installing on the Subaru in my sig. If you're beating a 118-120 mph car you've got to have more done than you've listed.

FWIW, 20 is a horrible spot for an STi because of their 6spd. First is absurdly short -- you shift into 2nd before passing the timing lights. That means this guy bogged it in 2nd instead and watched you disappear while waiting for his turbo to spool. It's often easier to beat the driver than to beat the car.

My car's 5spd won't have any problem with spool from a 20 roll
Old 04-11-2009, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by John M
You're blowing away a Green-powered STi in a stock LT1 with only a 50 shot and headers?

A Green makes 400whp easily on 93 octane and more with meth injection or race gas. I know because it's what I'm in the middle of installing on the Subaru in my sig. If you're beating a 118-120 mph car you've got to have more done than you've listed.

FWIW, 20 is a horrible spot for an STi because of their 6spd. First is absurdly short -- you shift into 2nd before passing the timing lights. That means this guy bogged it in 2nd instead and watched you disappear while waiting for his turbo to spool. It's often easier to beat the driver than to beat the car.

but you've got to remember that an STI is not as good from a roll as it is from a dig, it does not take 400whp in an Fbody to beat a 400whp STI from a roll... and like you said, part of it could have been the driver as well
Old 04-11-2009, 10:16 PM

plus, everyone knows dyno numbers don't equal results on the street or the track... a high stall in an auto can lead to lower dyno numbers but better real world results... other minor factors to consider, the STI (with its mods) was probably the same weight as the Camaro. The STI also has a higher coefficient of drag.

But I will agree, sounds like your car has full bolt ons to compliment that 50 shot. A full bolt on LT1 with a 50 shot and the right driver could give a 380-400whp STI a surprise from a roll depending on the driver of the STI
Old 04-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Retired

Anything can happen on the street.

Good race.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:39 PM

A LT1/headers/50shot/stall car would be close to a 110 mph car. If it beats down a 120 mph car it's because of the driver, not the car. We all know running a stalled auto from a 20 roll is in the heart of its sweet spot. It doesn't get any better than that! The 100 shot would make things a lot more interesting. Of course this assumes the Subaru was running up to par. For all we know the tune is crap and it's no faster than stock, the guy shifts like my grandmother, or he was texting somebody during the third honk.

Obviously I can't dispute the outcome -- it's there for all of us to see. I just didn't want anyone to think that a Green-equipped Subaru (or DSM for that matter) is so easy to knock off. It's chosen for its response and available power on pump gas, not peak dyno numbers. For the exact same price I could have bought an FP Red that makes another 100whp but it'd suck for street driving.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:12 PM

I'm a Tool because I like to act foolish on the internet.

Last edited by Kraest; 04-13-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:42 PM

my car is a full bolt on car ,stock internal 63k car .....has a holley 52 mm t/b edelbrock shorties !cat hooker cat back moroso c.a.i vortech elbow .........wit a little juice
Old 04-12-2009, 08:47 PM

oh and car was a 367 hrs ,at 20 psi on 93 was tuned at moon perf in ny .........no meth or anything else i got him from a dig and a roll just the roll was the only one taped trust me i know what my car can do and what it wont sti,s are garbage in my opinion the only car that really gets me are the evo,s they take mods and what not so much better and arent so prone to breakin
Old 04-12-2009, 09:50 PM

93v8clone - So what does your car run with that setup? What does dude's Subaru do at the track? Actually I'll be surprised to hear that he's ever run it because most Subaru owners tend to dyno but never actually race the car.

Drivers break cars moreso than power does. The Evo is too plain for me; I don't care how fast it is if the car is like something you rented at Enterprise.

Originally Posted by Jazsun
Tool
Noob.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jazsun
Tool

Hahaha.....

John you're just pissing people of again. How dare you speak on something that you know nothing about. I agree with you, theresmore to the Camaro than is originally led on....

Kyle
Old 04-13-2009, 01:09 PM

why does everyone always come in and say about what a car can do? who cares it just got worked. you are a better driver them him. congrats. not to mention you dont drive a subaru.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:19 PM

A LT1/headers/50shot/stall car would be close to a 110 mph car. If it beats down a 120 mph car it's because of the driver, not the car. We all know running a stalled auto from a 20 roll is in the heart of its sweet spot. It doesn't get any better than that! The 100 shot would make things a lot more interesting. Of course this assumes the Subaru was running up to par. For all we know the tune is crap and it's no faster than stock, the guy shifts like my grandmother, or he was texting somebody during the third honk.

Obviously I can't dispute the outcome -- it's there for all of us to see. I just didn't want anyone to think that a Green-equipped Subaru (or DSM for that matter) is so easy to knock off. It's chosen for its response and available power on pump gas, not peak dyno numbers. For the exact same price I could have bought an FP Red that makes another 100whp but it'd suck for street driving.

More like 114-115 mph. And I find it hard to believe that this "green" turbo mod is a guaranteed 400 rwhp. I'm sure that there are cars out there that dynoed that but its probably more like a scenario of the "AI package is a guaranteed 420 to the wheels." Everyone wants to quote the absolute best power numbers as if its commonplace.

Quick Reply: 94 bolt on z////04 sti