Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Sub Frame Connectors

Old 12-15-2016, 12:51 AM

Sub Frame Connectors

Well I just ordered my sub frame connectors (17.5 lbs.) from Spohn Performance #504 for $149.00 and free shipping.I'm excited about the cost and the free shipping till 01-02-17.Hope this helps someone here.My mechanic gave me a quote of $100.00 install with welding ect.Hope I'm in the right message area here.But I do have a question of weather I should have the front tabs welded only or the whole length of the pipe welded?,it bolts up to the rear.Remember I must have 250-260 ground pounding hp in the rear with my set up so far.I.I'm going for a dyno run one of these days just to see what I've got so far.Someday I hope to do the head and intake ported and maybe add the 52mm throttle body.Anyway,thanks for reading.Hope this helps.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Re: Sub Frame Connectors

Weld both ends. When installing, the vehicle has to be supported normally on all four wheels. Can't use a frame lift.

Glad you went with Spohn. I provided Steve with photos and measurements from my 94 when he was finalizing the SFC design. He was concerned in particular with avoiding the fuel lines in the front. Make sure the installer protects the fuel lines. His products are excellent quality. Before he started making car parts, he was an AWS-certified welder. He made a custom torque arm for me, to clear the Gear Vendors O/D on the tail shaft of my TH400 trans. I have the first Pro-Series drag style rear sway bar he made (1-5/16" solid chrome moly, with rod end, adjustable end links) and he did the install on my car to verify the procedure.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:48 PM

Got my sub frame connectors today(my birthday).They were packed really well with no damage to the box or product thanks to Spohn packing and sealing technique.Man,these are really built well.The product shows quality in the welds(no expert here)as they look perfect and are really nice looking.I'm thinking this might be a good time to replace the lower control arm bushings at the same time as they are 23 years old.Can't wait to get these hooked up(welded front and rear).I'm excited.Thanks for reading.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:50 PM

:d:d:d
Old 12-20-2016, 11:52 PM

Now I see.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:01 PM

Well,I had the subframe connectors mig welded on at a place that specializes with this type of work(both ends)and the mechanic let me take a few pics and while I was there I found that the place that hooked up my 3" exhaust didn't put back on the tunnel brace and didn't tell me about it or give me the old part back.(DOGS).Now I've got to spend some money for an after market tunnel brace and I hope it doesn't bottom out.Anyway,I painted over the new welds and they look great.Thinking of going to the auto wrecking yard and pulling off a f-body brace and using spacers.Any thoughts (safety issues) with this?Many thanks.

Search this Thread