Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Need help!! After i put new rotor and pads on now i......

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 10:02 AM

Need help!! After i put new rotor and pads on now i......

I have 98 camaro v6 and few days ago i went and got a new rotor and pads for the car. This is the second time i have done this and its really pretty easy job. Well after i replaced everything at first the pads were sticking a bit so i went and made sure i did everything right and put it all back together. Well now i am getting a wobble almost like the tire gonna fall off.

I keep checking the lug nuts making sure they are tight every time i get out of car but that's not the problem. Its not the type of wobble you get from a warped rotor and at times it not bad and other times its very noticeable. no play in steering,when i turn wheel left to right fast it doesn't shake much but when i go over a bump to where the front end comes up and no weight on front suspension it gets a bad wobble and at times when im driving it will feel like the tire will fall off any second but like i said all are tight

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
Old 10-27-2010, 04:26 PM

If it's that bad, I would take it all apart and re-check things.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:05 AM

sounds like the 'Hub Centric' wheels are not on there correctly. I would take off the lug nuts, pull the wheel back, put it back on, start all 5 lug nuts and pull them down to finger tight on all 5, then tighten one at the top, tighten one to the bottom, then one on the left, one on the right, etc till all 5 are fully tightened.
If you're already done all this, then I apologize.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:14 AM

Did you lubricate the caliper pins? I had bone dry caliper pins last time I changed pads & rotors on my old 2000 Z. The calipers would stick all the time.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:56 PM

Were the wheels switched and not put back on the same side they came off??? Could be a balance issue...

Were the rotors cleaned before installation??? They have oily residue on the surface for packaging to control rust...

Was the brake's caliper lubrication points lubed???
Old 10-31-2010, 08:51 AM

Re: Need help!! After i put new rotor and pads on now i......

i have done all this have taken apart 3x and back together and still same deal. where are the caliper lubrication points?

tires were not switched,greased up caliper pins the second time had it apart,cleaned oil off rotor before put on car,

Last edited by seatacwhat; 10-31-2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: to add more info so get better answer