Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Moog repalcement parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 07:05 PM

Moog repalcement parts

I replaced a upper ball joint on a friends 1997 2WD S10 a couple days ago. He does'nt make a lot of money so in an effort to save $20, I bought a lesser quality ball joint. Auto Pro or Master Pro I think it was. Of course the parts guy gave me the wrong joint the first time. A second trip to the parts store for the "correct" one and 10 minutes of labor I noticed the stem didn't fit in the knuckle as it should because the castle nut would not thread all the way up to where I could put a cotter pin thru the castle nut. A third trip to the parts store to buy a Moog ball joint- it went in like butter and all was good. Point of the story is by trying to save a friend $20 dollars I spent over an hour of travel time and 30 minutes of labor using sub-standard parts. Had I bought the Moog part the first time (I knew better) I would have saved my time and aggrevation which was worth more then $20. At least the beer was cold when I finished.